GawenStarTeller
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm probably unlikely to receive any definitive answers, but could someone here help me identify these flowers? Particularly the stalks that aren't blooming, I'm trying to see if anyone has enough expertise to recognize them.
    20220827_162245.jpg
    20220827_162337.jpg
    20220827_162343.jpg
    20220827_162406.jpg
    • Wow
    Reactions: QUEENOFCHICKENS
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    The fact that they're in our garden is... well, incredibly depraving to say the least, because one of our cats died really unexpectedly from kidney disease last year... but the info is really appreciated for that exactly reason. If it helps, the second picture blooms a large yellow flower, I just couldn't get a picture of it while it was blossoming this year.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    knowing that one of my beloved cats may have died because of something someone else planted in our garden while they were living here it making me understandably furious, honestly
    Blizzkit 🌳
    Blizzkit 🌳
    Now that you mention it, the second plant could be a daffodil, which is also poisonous.

I'm very sorry about your cat, it would be best to remove the plants asap, make sure you get the bulbs because those are the most toxic part.
    I'm slowly running out of any shred of empathy for climate change deniers, honestly.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    We're rapidly reaching a point where, assuming the vast majority of scientific evidence is correct and climate change is real, we need to start taking action now or suffer catastrophic consequences. And nowadays we can only do so much to lessen the severity of the impact, rather than stop it entirely.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    It doesn't matter to me whether people's dubiousness over climate change is rational or just blindly ignorant any more; every year, new records are broken, and eventually we won't even have the luxury to deny its existence, assuming we don't already.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    I'm tired of idiots avoiding such an impactful subject that's growing increasingly factual, and if the future is anything as bad as people predict, they'll only have themselves to blame and I'll have zero sympathy for them when the suffer from their own beliefs.
    After having been in a fit of tears from a panic attack and what might have been an actual case of PTSD, I'm vehemently recommending to anyone to NOT watch Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Some of the ways that a few characters died in that film... it was traumatic.
    • Love
    Reactions: neoselket
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    And while the circumstances of the deaths weren't similar at all, they were just so sudden, and their lives ended so abruptly... it made me remember how quickly we'd lost our cat, Cooper, almost a year ago.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    I didn't think it would impact me so heavily until I was just sitting around doing nothing. I once again reinforce the concept of trigger warnings; it wasn't the writer's fault, but what I just went through was incredibly terrifying and to ignore the plight of people who might be triggered into harming themselves is dangerous.
    QUEENOFCHICKENS
    QUEENOFCHICKENS
    Aww man that sounds terrible. I hope ur alright 🥺
    Kind of wish that some films would incorporate trigger warnings for their more sensitive audiences that are separated from their other content ratings. There were a couple of scenes in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness that I would have rather gone not seeing.
    Reactions: InigoGollum
    Yello_X
    Yello_X
    Yeah, those scenes in MoM were kind of unexpected in a Marvel movie. Even though I don't mind them but I'm sure someone would get a heart attack or something
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    It wasn't so much the overall horror inspired theme of the movie so much as it was how some characters died... yeah. Trauma is open ended. It can easily be molded to remind someone of another terrible experience they've had, even if the circumstances are much different.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    @Blizzkit this site is amazing, i've needed this in my life for so long, although i don't think it was truly necessary until now
    I'm happy to report that our cat, Floofy, has returned home and seems to be doing alright! As it turns out, the results of his bloodwork were read incorrectly and he doesn't actually have kidney problems. We're still not entirely sure how things will work out going forward, but he's energetic and vocal again!
    In relation to the status I just posted, one of our cats, Floofy, was just diagnosed with kidney issues, similar to his best friend, Cooper, who is no longer with us. Please pray for him. He doesn't deserve to go so soon...
    20220127_084830.jpg
    If I were to choose a single cause to pledge my soul and devote most of my finances to, recent experiences have made me realise it would probably be affordable health care for pets. I get that they're a luxury, but watching something so beloved slip away from you while also being crippled financially... it's not right.
    calamine lotion is healthy for you actually, i drank some and it only took the doctors in the emergency room 30 minutes to revive me
    to all the litterers out there, how difficult is it to not throw plastic waste into rivers and oceans? coming from someone who has never thrown plastic waste into rivers and oceans
    Reactions: nsu_chimera
    nsu_chimera
    nsu_chimera
    when i saw your pfp and the first clause i was really hoping this post was from the perspective of a deer
    Adalicia
    Adalicia
    I do not litter, though I feel that it bears mentioning that most litter-ers likely do not dispose of their waste by directly placing it in a body of water.

Rather, it seems to be swept along into them by rain and floods.

This would shift the question to: "Why litter at all?"
    To which the general answer is likely: "laziness."
    nsu_chimera
    nsu_chimera
    the ocean can have a few car batteries. as a treat.
    Controversial subject, I know, and I feel like it might be unfit for a status post, but can we please put a stop to the stigma that everyone who is against abortion is an irredeemable :red:? And by this I mean eliminate the mentality of "only a psychopath would adopt your opinion and you're completely invalid for your perspective" type of garbage. (continued)
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    I agree that there's a lot of hypocrisy coming from several individuals that harbor the opinion, and that's part of the reason why the anti-abortion crowd is perceived in such a negative light. But I feel to lump them all into a single group is a generalization and that it's a spectrum; the members that actually have a level head on their shoulders likely do care about living conditions after birth.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    They'd probably also be more so attempting to dissuade you from pursuing abortion, rather than adopting the mentality of "this should be banned outright"... but I suppose that's still pro-choice. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that being completely against abortion is still a feasible outlook on the controversy, even if it can be very much oppressive.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    There's a philosophical grey line where people have to ponder if the abortion of a fetus is truly robbing someone of a potential life. I still a sane reaction. And people on the other side of the argument deserve to be treated fairly, and not be lumped in with the actual crazies... until they present different, crueler colours, that is.
    The worst part of April Fools isn't April Fools itself, but rather, stumbling across April Fools jokes a few days afterwards when you're browsing previously submitted messages and getting bamboozled by them because you're no longer in the headspace to avoid April Fools pranks like the plague.
    I've been contemplating switching out my avatar for a while as of late, but on second thought, I think I'll keep it. The expression pretty accurately summarizes my opinion on global events right now.
    • Love
    Reactions: MagicasquirrelTMT
    Esther
    Esther
    Same here, though my discord profile picture also summarizes it with the blank expression.
    Just saying, but out of all the potential apocalyptic scenarios out there, nuclear Armageddon is one of the options I'd rather not end up happening. Man-made climate change seems like a much more respectable way of going out.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom