Streyll
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So, I don't know much about Linux, but for a while now I've had a PC with two drives in it to experiment with and learn the operating system. However, for a few months now I haven't been able to boot fully into Linux, and only Windows has been working.
    Streyll
    Streyll
    GRUB loads, and I can try to boot Linux, but after displaying the logo for a few seconds it just goes to what looks more or less like a command prompt that keeps resetting. So, does anyone know if this can be fixed, or will I just have to reinstall Linux? And if I have to reinstall, any ideas as to what happened and how it could be prevented in the future?
    I'll be leaving again for another trip sometime today, but this time I'll be gone for most of the week.
    Streyll
    Streyll
    And because I don't want to make another profile post for it, I'll just mention here that I'm going for a third trip on the 7th, and that one will last slightly more than half of the week, at only a day shorter than the last one. It is the last trip booked for the year though, so any others I won't know about until a few days in advance.
    So I was going through the games I have for my DS, and among the various games I have I noticed one that stood out to me. Namely, a Yu-Gi-Oh game, which stands out because I don't really care that much about Yu-Gi-Oh, and instead most of the games I've been collecting for my DS are Pokémon.
    • Wow
    Reactions: Schparks
    Streyll
    Streyll
    Further to that, I don't play either of those with actual physical cards, and the only trading card game I've played with actual cards is Magic: The Gathering.

Anyway, the game is Yu-Gi-Oh! The Sacred Cards.
    Schparks
    Schparks
    Yu-gi-oh remains to be a mystery.
    I'll be leaving on the 4th to go camping for a few days, and I won't have access to internet during that time, so I'll be off the forums. For some people it may be the 5th before I'm actually gone because of timezones though, and I should be back on either the sixth or seventh, again because timezones.
    Golf Romeo Echo Echo Kilo Lima Echo Tango Tango Echo Romeo Sierra Alpha Romeo Echo Oscar Victor Echo Romeo Romeo Alpha Tango Echo Delta. People should use the phonetic alphabet more.
    Reactions: Mushy Chlorophyte
    Streyll
    Streyll
    Note: Just to clarify, even though it should be obvious from the above, I'm not talking about the IPA.
    Esther
    Esther
    Greek letters are overrated?
    Streyll
    Streyll
    Yep. I'm not exactly sure how to say that's the correct interpretation of the message in a non-awkward way, so here's this.
    Due to various IRL concerns, as well as handful here on the forums, I will likely be taking a break from the forums, or at least be posting significantly less, for the next few days.
    EDIT: I have now had a slight change of plans. I will be gone Saturday, due to some IRL stuff I need to do, but I'll be here the rest of the time.
    Why do so many people insist on using Google Docs? I find them a pain to deal with, which may partly be due to my own lack of experience with them, but still, what is it that people like about them?
    Streyll
    Streyll
    Well, I'm just thinking of my experience where I had to start an entire assignment from scratch because I had no way of bringing it home, as my school uses desktops more than laptops, and you can't take the laptops home anyway, and because I don't have a phone, I have no way of signing into anything that sends an email to verify logins.
    Nakano15
    Nakano15
    That school must be managed by geniuses.
    Toxophilite [East]
    Toxophilite [East]
    Aside from any misuses of the feature, G.Docs are great for a list of reasons, a.) it allows you to update/ change documents from anywhere, at any time, so long as you can access Google, b.) it has nearly all of the features of MS.Word and Publisher, c.) can be turned into a PDF easily, which is compatible with most "virtual printers" and office printers. There's more but... character limits. 😎 🤷‍♂️
    So, I now have Hearts of Iron 4, and it is fun, but also much more difficult than Age of Empires, Plague Inc. Evolved, and all the other strategy games I've played so far.

Because of that, I've got a lot of learning to do, and might not be checking the forums quite as often.
    Does anyone here on the forums know of a good website/program/application for making custom political maps for stuff like roleplays? Because so far it seems most map making tools I've found are either for political maps based on Earth, or fantasy maps that don't add the extra stuff for what countries control what areas and such.
    S
    Sylv
    You can draw and update borders. Its under States which is under the tools tab, you just click manually reassign
    Streyll
    Streyll
    Well then, I'll have to load it up on my computer and check that part out then.
    Streyll
    Streyll
    Yeah, that seems to work. Thanks.
    Reactions: Sylv
    Where the rivers meet the coming red tide
    I got miracles for those on my side
    In the willows I built my steeple
    My spirit, my church, my people
    Newfound faith that's vested in me
    Now our bloody hands will heal the unclean
    In the wastes I will raise my steeple
    My spirit, my church, my people

My Church by Aviators
    You never quite realize just how much gas is in one of those propane bottles until you're watching it slowly release all of its contents because it didn't close properly...
    I have just been looking through my profile, and I have noticed that other people have posted on it more than I have. So I seek to work towards very slowly fixing that "problem", starting with this slightly ominous but ultimately forgettable post that says it will have meaning later.
    • Love
    Reactions: MagicasquirrelTMT
    Streyll
    Streyll
    Also, I really need to spend more time actually working and practicing my art skills instead of just looking at what I've done in the past and what other people have done, really just makes me feel both extremely pround and somewhat embarrassed at the same time, which is slightly distracting and not helping.
    Streyll
    Streyll
    And I guess my actual status as a person right now then is "Wishing he had the focus to work on art instead of getting distracted". Which I mention because technically the thing says "Update your status...".
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom