Terraria Community Forums

Sigmund Froid
Sigmund Froid
Which one is your favorite Pokémon?
IndigoGollum
IndigoGollum
Why are fan games actually better at providing ðe full pokédex of almost 1000 pokémon ðan Nintendo? I feel like certain pokémon not making it into new games shouldn't be an issue fans have to put up wiþ.
Sigmund Froid
Sigmund Froid
@IndigoGollum Because most Fan Games use sprites instead of 3D Models, which means a) they don't need to update them every new game to fulfill new graphical standards and b) they can make new ones "easier"

Of Course, that assumes Game Freak is updating their models...
And there is also nothing stopping them from making their games sprite based, but oh well...
  • Love
Reactions: Esther
Esther
Esther
The sprite-based games are always just better. 3D models might have more room for fancy visuals, but sprites are nicer to look at, and prove that small spaces are still able to be used for details
GawenStarTeller
GawenStarTeller
@Sigmund Froid Ariados is my favourite Pokemon! I realize it's an obscure choice, and I've ranted on several occasions on how it isn't exactly competitively viable, but I got attached to it after it was on my team in HGSS. It was available in BDSP, but not SWSH, even with the expanded Pokedex in the DLC. Oh well, at least Sawsbuck is finally obtainable again...
Sigmund Froid
Sigmund Froid
Ariados is a neat Pokémon, and I say that as an Arachnophobe :D

I don't know, I always found it kinda neat... Shame it's not in any of the new games...
GawenStarTeller
GawenStarTeller
Unlike most fans of the Pokemon franchise, I never had issues with the transition to 3D. But after we weren't given any valid explanation for Dexit, any lack of polish in the newest installments feel like a slap in the face, as they're not adding any features to make up for their removal. 600 Pokemon missing, and SV still runs the way it does.
Back
Top Bottom