Elemental Δ
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So 1.4.4 will be the 'final final final final FINAL update, for real this time, no seriously, we mean it', right?
    Almost 300 hours in tModLoader. Not sure how to feel about that.
    DragonMals
    DragonMals
    No need to feel bad about 300 hours! I have a thousand hours!
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    It's less the fact that I've spent 300 hours playing modded Terraria and more the fact that I've probably spent 4 to 5 times that in unmodded Terraria.
    DragonMals
    DragonMals
    You played more modded than vanilla? That's still pretty good. Eventually, I'll surpass the amount of hours I have in vanilla cause I can't go back anymore.
    ...just realized I remember when the Abeemination needed obsidian to craft.
    I feel old now...
    • Wow
    Reactions: Green_Metaknight
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    In other news, Calamity playthrough, because I've actually never beaten it.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    All that, and I still can't remember the order of dungeon chest loot...
    Somehow, I don't think I've mentioned it here yet, but I've been doing game dev for like two or three years now! Got a project in the works I can't wait to see escape the endless void all my ideas come from.
    Noobiescrubpleb
    Noobiescrubpleb
    Idk, obviously these may not fit your game, but hopefully they'll help inspire!
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Fortunately for me, this is a passion project at its core, so I can share anything I really want. I'm simply withholding things because spoilers.
    Side note, withhold should NOT be spelled like that.
    UNfortunately for me, I'm either extremely cagey about details or share literally everything, with no real in-between.
    I will say, the plan is a Metroidvania, so there's that.
    Green_Metaknight
    Green_Metaknight
    If there will be a secret boss, make sure to have an achievement for beating it.
    Oh you exist!
    Yay
    What is it with indie roguelikes and having some of the greatest music ever made?
    Hades, all of the Risk of Rain games, The Binding of Isaac(especially the Flash one)...
    ppowersteef
    ppowersteef
    Indie developers put passion in their work, where AAA developers work on it because it's their work, so they have to. (This varies with every company though, some AAA composers can make some bangers too)
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    All very true, but it's kind of weird that all the really good stuff tends to end up in roguelikes. Not that I'm complaining, it's one of my favorite game genres, but still.
    Esther
    Esther
    Mystery Dungeon music teams when they're told to make music for a new game:
    Seriously I have yet to play a Mystery Dungeon with an OST that I don't like, and I have every PMD except the remake and WiiWares, plus Etrian
    ...why is using the Blade of Grass and the Volcano so effective against Skeletron?
    Use Grass on the hands, then use Volcano on the head during spins. Worryingly easy.
    Esther
    Esther
    Alternatively just Volcano works too. Speaking from experience.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    If I were more confident in my social distancing skills, I'd try only Volcano.
    As it stands, I am not.
    ...and now I'm unreasonably angry because in 7 or 8 chests, I've found 3 boomsticks, 3 feral claws, a staff of regrowth, and not a single anklet. I'm okay with the staff, but the others are a bit excessive.

EDIT: Looked at the wiki for the chances, and now it's even worse, because they all have the exact same chance of generating.
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    Oh, how I've missed it...
    Lord 🦆
    Lord 🦆
    cries in trying to find a mystic frog for 10 hours for town slime achievment despite the fact it has a 1/30 chance to replace normal frogs
    Elemental Δ
    Elemental Δ
    At least my Traveling Merchant is offering a Companion Cube... that I can't buy because the price is absurd.
    It's like the game knows what would be most annoying to you in that moment, and proceeds to do it.
    Decided I'm going to talk about underrated and/or underused weapons in Terraria, whenever I remember one exists(Or find one!).

Today's pick: The Amber Staff! Identical to the Ruby Staff in terms of stats, and arguably cheaper at 8 amber and 15 sturdy fossils, I'd say it's more than worth the trip to the Underground deathtrap Desert for early-game mages!
    After struggling to take down the Eye and Brain of Cthulhu, I finally have a full set of Meteor armor. I'm set until Hardmode.
    Tungsten acquired, along with some pyramid accessories, thanks to a Pharaoh outfit I found on the way to the jungle-side ocean.
    So my world doesn't have tungsten, and I don't want to have to hunt down the diamonds for a platinum staff, or get the silt necessary for all that tungsten, so I'm using Shimmer instead. Toss in platinum, then the gold from that, then use the tungsten and the emeralds I've got to make a staff.

Is it a stupidly long process, including finding the Shimmer? Yes.

Do I care? Not in the slightest.
    ...so I just got a Slime Staff from a Pinky. In Expert mode, yes, but it's still pretty rare at a 1.4% drop rate.
    Daikonradish
    Daikonradish
    It can't be Terraria discussion post-1.2 without mentioning acquisition of a Slime Staff. `:p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom