Impostor
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• My ask me anything thread is pretty dead, and since you can only create one per user, I'm giving it a boost on my profile. If anyone has any questions for me as a person or the Impostorsona, Ask away!
    Just to make sure, When I go on older hard drives with Terraria World Files, Does opening Terraria overwrite those old world files?
    Esther
    Esther
    I've reinstalled Windows a ton, and can say that no. If you never played Terraria on an older computer, then having all the files ready, it'll even skip having you select a language
    Impostor
    Impostor
    Thanks for the info!
    Does anyone know how to use old world generation code? I saw a steam workshop item right here use 1.0.4 worldgen and I'm wondering if there's any mods for 1.1/1.2 worldgen
    vessal
    vessal
    im pretty sure there is an alt would be downloading a world from that era
    Good news and bad news about the post I made back on December 12th. Good is that I was able to get the harddrive working again using a docking station. The bad is that all my old terraria worlds have seemed to vanish on there. I checked the documents file, but there was no "my games" file there.
    Impostor
    Impostor
    1672380416839.png

It wasn't a total loss though, as I did find when I first played it. 11282013 might be a future playthrough seed I'll use
    Saw someone on Reddit post their 10 year old Terraria world. Since I keep my old harddrives somewhere around my house, I think I'll try to find my 1.2 world. I don't remember what specific version of 1.2 it was, but it was around the time Shadowbeam Staff + Spectre Armor with the Hood was extremely OP. If I'm able to retrieve it, I'll share some pics here on my profile :)
    Reactions: IndigoGollum
    Impostor
    Impostor
    Found the Harddrive, it's internal instead of external though. I'll have to consult with my dad on how to port the data over
    I was going to post some more stuff over thanksgiving break but my graphics card fried. Thankfully I'm back with a new one, but it took a while to arrive
    Impostor
    Impostor
    Really sorry to hear that. Hope you were able to recover the hard drive data
    Cibryll
    Cibryll
    Unfortunately, it was irrecoverable.
    So somewhere around 600 GB of stuff, basically lost.
    And the new hard drive's like 232 GB or somewhere around that, so.

On the bright side, that's kinda cleared my gaming backlog from somewhere over 1,000 to somewhere under 300…
    Impostor
    Impostor
    My condolences. I have an external drive with about 1TB of data that I'd be terrified to lose. I guess there is a silver lining to it with the gaming backlog though
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom