Terraria Community Forums

Swordbomb
Swordbomb
Well you DID use the most broken pokemon in the game...
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
I would hardly consider Manectric broken...
SedrioX
SedrioX
@Swordbomb That's why it was so disappointing. Elite four are supposed to be the hardest. Except Earthquake kills everything. If I chose Blaziken, I would've probably used 2 more pokemon. Sealking and Aggron. I was hoping to use all 6 of my pokemon, but all I was doing is using them as Scapegoats.
Swordbomb
Swordbomb
No, bud. Swampert.
Swampert is broken.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
Alright, it's exceedingly good. Arguably the best starter, but again, not broken. It's the slowest of the three.

Also, what doesn't get sweeped by a STAB Earthquake (bar Flying types and Pokémon with Levitate)?
SedrioX
SedrioX
@Commander Crocket Magnetric and Magneton are broken near the end because of how easy they are trained. You fight the Bird gym with Electricity then you jump into water, which all of it is weak to electricity.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
I have to agree about how easy they are to train - Hoenn is mostly water after all. But again, they aren't broken. Both have good speed and Special Attack, but both are quite frail defensively - Magneton less so, but having a 4x weakness to Ground does not help it one bit.
Swordbomb
Swordbomb
Don't forget what happens if you get a Lvl 1 Magnemite with Sturdy, Toxic, Protect, Recycle, and Berry Juice...
SedrioX
SedrioX
@Commander Crocket The only Elite/trainer/gym that used Earthquake or any ground move on my Magnetric was Dusclops in the Ghost Elite's squad.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
But Dusclops has a mediocre attack stat and doesn't receive STAB from it...
SedrioX
SedrioX
@Commander Crocket It's still a really strong Ground attack nonetheless. Plus he was a higher level than my Magnetric.
Commander Crocket
Commander Crocket
We haven't even taken into account IVs and EV training. I could go on and on, but suffice to say that had you used Magneton in that situation, it would have fared far worse.
Back
Top Bottom