Terraria Community Forums

Varsia
Varsia
One word: Price.
C'mon, people spend MILLIONS making cars, something already invented.
Hoverboards are something extremely new, so don't expect it to be any time for ages.
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
Oh c'mon, not like enterprises wouldn't want to get a little piece of the pie, so they'd give fundings and such. Slowly the hoverboard thingy would progress, and even maybe grow into the hover-bikes and hover-cars you so much want, after all, if they manage to make somehing that can lift light stuff, soon they'll want something that can lift heavy stuff- THEN SCIENCE!
Varsia
Varsia
But then we gotta power them. It's gonna take more than it's surface area in solar panels to keep it running, and it's going to need a huge battery to keep it going for a really long time, like most people will want.
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
Well yes, that is true, but remember, it's still a prototype, and they got plenty of time to solve that.
Varsia
Varsia
What you're saying is on par with saying "Eventually everyone will afford Ferrari LaFerraris!".
It's most likely not gonna happen.
Pretty much certain. At least, in the time we're gonna be alive.
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
Uh, no. That's commie thought, and I hate commies. What I'm saying is that the price wouldn't be as ridiculously high as currently.
Varsia
Varsia
*pulls out shotgun*
Eh?
What you're saying is "I'm not saying the price will lower, but the price will lower." Please.
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
*grabs rifle* Hey now. What I am saying is that the prices you're seeing is development prices, they need money so they can try what they can do right to make a good hoverboard that is safe and efficient. After they find the right things to do it, they won't need as much to recreate it, so prices are bound to lower.
Varsia
Varsia
The Ferrari LaFerrari could be considered prototype technology. Well, I guess the P1 would be better for this. You see, these contain the still-evolving hybrid technology. So, y'know, they could reduce in price, according to you.
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
Oooh, you think I'm saying that it would lower really low? Oh no no no, well, that is, depends on what we're talkin' 'bout! We're talkin' 'bout a board being lifted by some fan thingies, not a car with pretty looks and fancy stuff. xP
Varsia
Varsia
A board being lifted by some fan thingies isn't exactly the "hoverboard" the people will want. Yeah, it hovers, but it's basically almost a hovercraft without the balloon.
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
Hoverboards will need to begin somewhere until they're something as "hoverboard-ish" as sci fi movies.
Varsia
Varsia
Hover-cars are more of a thing than hoverboards.
Using small jet-engine things, fans and other such stuff, people have made several of them already.
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
I wanna see one, give me a link or a video.
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
This is just like the hoverboard and a plane. Also you said that hover-cars would be safer, but think on this, there would be needed new airspace laws, restrictions of who should use this vessel and where or how, 'cause y'know, if it got in wrong hands or unskilled hands, bad stuff could happen.
Varsia
Varsia
A hoverboard could be used lethally, like this. *ahem* Raise it up, push it with a large amount of force, and have it accelerating. That could hurt or kill.
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
Same ways with a hover-car, run over someone, hit a plane's wing while flying or even trying to recreate the 9/11.
Varsia
Varsia
If the hoverboard works in the same way, it would be the same but 1000x more unsafe for the user.
A limiter could be easily placed on it to reduce the maximum altitude.
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
๖ۣۜDarƙƦєptiliαn
Well, of course! It's a hoverboard, not a "hoversomethingthatcansendyouflyingifyoudon'tholdtight"! xP
Back
Top Bottom