GawenStarTeller
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• In a scenario in which the event may or may not occur, does a large variety of plant-life primarily composed of the unrefined version of
    Vessyl
    Vessyl
    This question is always passed as 'philosophical', but the answer as I've heard it explained is more scientific. It brings to light the difference between ‘sound’ and 'sound waves'. It generates sound waves, sure, but sound doesn't exist until out eardrums resonate with the sound waves and translate it to sound for us. So no, it doesn't make a sound, but it makes the potential for sound.
    Vessyl
    Vessyl
    If my understanding is correct, as I'm hardly an expert in the field.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    Yeah, I think that's the best answer if you were to investigate it in detail. To me this question has always been pointless. The answer is basically just yes and no - there's no definitive for either one.

Surprised that anyone got what I was trying to say. Twas my first attempt at being verbose.
    is it naive to try and overcome depression when all that's predicted in your future is nothing but suffering?
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    is it foolish to work towards your own goals when in the end they'll all be obstructed by anguish brought on by other people? is it even right to try and feel content in an environment that will eventually succumb to overwhelming despair unless humanity gets its :red: together?
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    I wish you could just stop thinking like this.
    GawenStarTeller
    m5IFYoA.png
    Sometimes I wonder what's so interesting here that there can be 732 guests at any point in time.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    I would hazard a guess, that anytime someone views a pic that is linked from here, the forum system recognizes them as a guest. So, from various pictures, guides, etc that get linked everywhere on the net, or a terraria user links their avatar from here... and 50 people view their page, that's 50 guests.
    Xylia
    Xylia
    And I assume there's like a 1-5 minute timeout too, so if 50 people load up someone's twitter page that has a pic from here on there, those are 50 guests taht will persist for those 1-5 minutes.
    Akrasia
    Akrasia
    poodles
    If you treat someone too much like a monster, it's all they'll end up becoming.
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    I missed you Qui. Don't stop imparting that philosophy of yours.
    Qui Devorat
    Qui Devorat
    Yes well I’ve learned a little more to not be pushy.
    You can take my advice if you really think it’ll help, I’m not forcing it on anyone.
    Change comes from within, and it’s taken me time to fully understand that.
    Qui Devorat
    Qui Devorat
    But you know what they say
    Better doing the wrong thing for ten years then realising you’re dun goofing and doing the right thing for the rest, rather than spending your whole life chasing a self-destructive quest for revenge that ultimately molds you into what you hunt.
    If bugs that are actually harmless could cease looking like the spawn of Satan himself that'd appreciated, thanks.
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    It would appear that you've been plagued by several instances of SCP-006-J. We at the Foundation suggest you to keep calm, track down the nearest flamethrower, and proceed to burn down your entire house. We are awfully sorry for the inconvenience.
    RavageTheSavage
    RavageTheSavage
    I wish I could draw. If I could, the first thing I'd do is draw a comic where a man burns down his house to kill a spider. He'd be standing outside the remains of his house and thing: "Well, at least the spider's dead." Then four legs burst out through the rubble.
    Techhunter_Talon
    Techhunter_Talon
    *Cue dramatic music.* https://youtu.be/8of00uEVRRA
    "I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo."
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    "The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?"
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    "But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why."
    GawenStarTeller
    GawenStarTeller
    "But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. Because they were holding on to something. "
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom