• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Search results

1. breadbin

tModLoader New Mod Idea - banner drops being random again

I prefer the way Terraria used to handle banners in that there was a random chance of a drop of a banner when you killed an enemy. I think it was 1.3 when they patched that to set the banners to drop every 50th kill. Would it be possible to make this happen? I'd love to have a go at it myself...
  2. breadbin

Nintendo Switch Showcase Collection

I agree. I fired up Terraria on my Android tablet last week and it looks so dated! It was painful to look at the menu even. I blame Relogic ultimately because it is their game and they sold the rights of it to these third party fakes. Thats the difference between doing something with passion and...
  3. breadbin

Nintendo Switch Showcase Collection

I think it's criminal that the Nintendo Switch was released over 2 years ago and I still cannot play Terraria on it.
  4. breadbin

Terraria State of the Game - May 2019

ha ha. sarcasm at its best Please. Boot licking will get you nowhere. If you want to see hard working and talented go no further than the Terraria modding community. 505 games could learn a thing or two from them.
  5. breadbin

Terraria: State of the Game - January 2019

It is meant in good faith. I am trying to show the difference between development studios creating an original game and a studio creating a port. I'm not saying they are greedy, i'll let the final price determine that, but it is a business and they have to make money otherwise they will sink...
  6. breadbin

Money. Pure and simple. If mobile and Switch was a priority they could throw a few more developers at it, that would cost more money. These porting companies work on other games at the same time which means varying priorities. They will tend to focus on where the money is coming from because...
  7. breadbin

Don't get me wrong. I am delighted Terraria is coming to the Switch. I used to play it a lot on the Vita which was and still is superb, albeit a little outdated. I bought it on 4 different platforms and I will buy it on Switch too. I just wish the development was a bit more transparent. For all...
  8. breadbin

It's out of their hands. The company that updates Terraria on PC is different to the one that is doing the mobile and switch version...unfortunately. Apart from the PC version, the rest of the ports are all in it for the money. It's basic business sense. Why would you pump loads of money into...
  9. breadbin

I disagree. Every project needs time frames and deadlines and you can be sure this is no exception. They are just not sharing these with us and that is their prerogative, but it's a horrible business model. If you are honestly happy with the Switch update that we got, all credit to you. I am not...
  10. breadbin

My point was that with an update like this, the least you'd expect is a screenshot of the progress. We got a couple of lines with little to no new information. They uploaded a 15 second video recently of it running on a phone but the camera was about a metre away when nearly every other video...
  11. breadbin

Thanks for the update, although i didn't really learn anything from it apart from the fact the Switch version is still only Alpha. I don't want to rain on your parade but will there even be a Switch version released in 2019? Can you not give us an idea when? It's disappointing that there is not...
  12. breadbin

Terraria: State of the Game (11/8/18)

Talk is cheap, that's exactly my point. Actions speak louder than words.
  13. breadbin

Terraria: State of the Game (11/8/18)

I wouldn't get your hopes up. They are obviously prioritising the XBox and PS4 versions. These create more revenue. The Switch version is likely to be much more expensive, buggy and poorly supported. I'm waiting since 2017. I am looking forward to playing it on the switch but I have no faith in...
  14. breadbin

PC New playthrough suggestion...no workbench allowed?

It started as a no workbench playthrough but I have not crafted anything at all yet so I might continue like that. I did find an anvil but have not used it, same with the workbench. I am struggling now to get a fishing rod. The travelling merchant of course had one early on but i didn't have the...
  15. breadbin

PC New playthrough suggestion...no workbench allowed?

I thought it might be a good idea to start a new playthrough. I have thousands of hours sunk into Terraria and would like a challenge. Something different at least. I don't think this has been done before. Maybe something similar has. Play Terraria expert without using a Workbench. Are there...
  16. breadbin

tModLoader Starting items in hotbar being overwritten.

I have seen this too or something similar. I just created a thread about it and then saw this. When I die on mediumcore, whatever I had in my quickbar slots 8,9 and 0 are permanently deleted.
  17. breadbin

tModLoader I always lose 2-3 items when I die on medium core:(

I have Spirit, Calamity and Thorium mods working well with a medium core character on a small world. The only problem I have is that when I die, I seem to lose 2-3 things that are on the right side of my quick bar. It's nothing to do with being in lava, or things falling through the ground. I...
  18. breadbin

Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

So basically there is no news? Just that the Switch version is coming before the Mobile one.
  19. breadbin

Official Terraria 1.3 Status Update: Mobile & Switch

I don't expect any. I play mostly on PC but I am interested in the Switch version. Just wondering if anyone had any news.
  20. breadbin

tModLoader Calamity Mod

Have your system monitor open and see how much RAM you have available before you start. Then Alt-Tab out and see how much is left when Terraria is running. I turned off a lot of the new lighting effects and the game runs perfectly now. It was lagging pretty bad with the multicore lighting? I...
Top Bottom