• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Search results

1. M

Journey's End 1.4: Official Item Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

The weird business of speed bonuses shortening the range got fixed, which will be an effective buff because modifiers like Legendary will work properly. And I think they're getting more buffs too.
  2. M

The chances of various Angler rewards increase with more quests. There was a bug where after 150 quests, the chances went back to first-quest levels and stayed there. They fixed the bug in 1.4.
  3. M

A hardmode version of the torch god (+new summoner weapon)

Hmm, an item sold by the Wizard. How about the Crystal Ball? BTW, the Guide's quotes had gotten obsolete and incomplete, but 1.4 revamped them.
  4. M

I find the Treasure magnet invaluable -- it saves a lot of back-and-forth to pick drops up just bumming around various biomes, and in events as well. It also picks up Etherian Mana, in OOA, which is very useful! It can also pull stuff out of lava. Since my accessory slots are crowded, I tend...
  5. M

Well, that's the thing, the player certainly can use magical items -- but as with other NPCs, the Wizard can get them stuff a player simply can't make for themself. So just as the player can buy and sell stuff, but they're not a Merchant, I'd say that being able to use magic items doesn't make...
  6. M

The "wrong" torches can't give an actual penalty, but they can cancel out a bonus you would have had from the "right" torches. As far as the wizard giving his hints, even he only gets a general idea, and, well, the player isn't a Wizard! For fishing, frankly the whole thing is complex enough...
  7. M

Others have complained about the lack of luck feedback. With regards to torch luck, yes it's inconsistent, but there's some sense to it. It doesn't work at all in the Dungeon and Temple, presumably because those are structures that can overlap multiple biomes. Demon Torches are not actually...
  8. M

Regular torches aren't "bad" in the Underworld, nor do Demon torches give a bonus. Bone torches do give their lesser bonus, but the original Torch God's favor doesn't put them down in the Underworld. (Instead it puts them in the Dungeon, which doesn't have torch luck at all.) ETA: That said...
  9. M

A light pet... perhaps a mobile form of the Torch God's Favor itself, that always counts as a "good" held torch (with the proper lighting), and can change "bad" torches to match their current biome. That would be a natural extension of the Favor.
  10. M

Working as Designed Dungeon Guardian bestiary grammar error

No, "stands watch" is correct, and is not the same as "stands watching". If I "stand watching" a door, I'm just looking at it. If I'm "standing watch" over it, I'm guarding it, and mean to confront, or at least report, anyone trying to come through. ETA: Also, "stands watch" does not imply...
  11. M

Now that parenthesis has me confused. Is the Moon Lord synchronized in 1.4, or not?
  12. M

When to introduce second world evil

Not very quickly. I did convert an early section by using Thrown Water, but the problem is the short range. Even with the Clenaminator, I'm still turning up little bits of Corruption where I missed a block and it spread to meet the Crimson. On the other hand, Thrown Water was great for...
  13. M

When to introduce second world evil

Doing it before Hardmode requires bringing in stuff from another world. In Hardmode you can do it "legally". I converted one of my Corruption areas to Crimson that way -- having previously isolated the whole area, I cleaned out a section with the Clentaminator, laid down some grass, and bought...
  14. M

There was something in the changelogs about fixing up their synchronization, don't recall the exact details.
  15. M

That's just bad luck, like me getting my Armor Polish from Armored Skeleton #495.
  16. M

Things that you didn't realize were in the game for the longest time?

And a decided upgrade to the Cloud In A Jar, if you don't mind the sound. Gustone, grates are new in 1.4. I've recently discovered that if you have a Table and Chair or Table and Workbench set up, you can't use it while an NPC is sitting in the chair.
  17. M

The thing is, we already have a Clentaminator that sweeps out to past the screen's edge. What might help with complete purification would be detection -- something that would highlight infected blocks even when they're buried in stone.
  18. M

Eh? The Crystal Ball is available as soon as the Wizard himself is, it's not even close to "postgame". ETA: And a plain inventory slot isn't so much, especially when you can stash it in portable storage as needed. In my current game I'm already carrying one in portable storage, for the buff...
Top Bottom