• Journey's End on PC - Find info here and here. Please report bugs and issues for PC 1.4 and 1.4.1 to Re-Logic here.
  • Journey's End on Mobile - Find info here. Report bugs for Mobile 1.4 to DR Studios at this link and give as much detail as possible.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Console and Switch - The latest news can be found here. To report a bug, please use this link.

Search results

1. DRKV

PC How does Faulty Lamps work?

Yeah, the other two paragraphs there are alright, I just didn't think they were really relevant. It's mostly the "Useful circuits" part that I have issues with. The "Restricted storage circuit" and "Safety switch" are just terrible examples, they are way over-complicated. But the wiki is...
  2. DRKV

Yup, that's it. I've been looking for the page that tells you what these things are: Trophies

Yup, that's it. I've been looking for the page that tells you what these things are: Trophies
  3. DRKV

PC How does Faulty Lamps work?

To quote the wiki: Don't read the wiki though, their stuff on wiring is pretty bad... Not to self advertise, but I've made a guide that I believe showcases some of the practical applications of logic gates pretty nicely: Guide - A reference guide for simple logic devices
  4. DRKV

tModLoader MechTransfer - Item translocation and more...

There was a post about that a while back: tModLoader - MechTransfer - Item translocation and more... You can also use a shift register style counter to add more destinations.
  5. DRKV

"Back" mechanism for the Teleporter Network

The bottom one is wired straight to the switch/pressure plate that makes the teleporter go. The top one is just there to reset all the lamps, it's triggered by the bottom trap via the topmost teal pad.
  6. DRKV

Yes, I've basically stacked the four colors on top of each other. From the bottom it's red first, then blue, green, yellow, and repeat. Every time a teal pad is hit, it advanced the counter on the bottom to the next color. There are four lamps for every layer in tree's depth, the number of lamps...
  7. DRKV

So, I took an older super compact ROM design I had laying around, and I turned it into a targeting computer: It is a bit less compact than the original ROM. I moved to columns apart by one, to leave room for the destination selector. I used a dart trap and teal pads to read the ROM. I see...
  8. DRKV

Very nice. I see this is quite different from my contraption, so I can't really use the same back mechanism there. I like the teleporter tree idea though. One thing that would be interesting to look into, is making the "computer" part a little more compact. Cause that is a little bit huge...
  9. DRKV

Did you connect the extractor next to the chest and the injector next to the extractinator with a wire?
  10. DRKV

Interesting. This is kinda similar to setup I've been messing with. It's a similar idea. "Infinite" destinations, with only one wire color and minimal number of components. I've been struggling to add a back switch to this one without making things too complicated. Could you post an image of...
  11. DRKV

World load detector

Yea, I know, right. :D That's really nice. It's a pretty clever use of those grate things. (Btw, I love how there's zero visual feedback about their state in-game. Very user friendly...) I feel like this design would be more reliable than the old ones, where you're using something to hold back...
  12. DRKV

tModLoader Shop Expander

The problem is most likely not caused by Shop Expander. This mod doesn't do anything to NPC ai. The mod should work fine with the old version as is. I haven't updated it in a long time. The new version is sort of half way done. There were some complications, and then life got in the way... I...
  13. DRKV

I'm really glad to hear you're enjoying the mod. :) I do have plans to make a mod that's centered around automating the production of various "renewable" resources. It's gonna be a pretty big project. I just find it really difficult nowadays to bring myself to do anything related to terraria. I...
  14. DRKV

Decompiling a tmod file (Lost all code)

Oops, looks like I blanked on a few notifications again... Sorry about that. It might be a bit late now, but I'll clear things up, for future reference. If tModLoader doesn't give you the assembly, that means the mod author decided to hide it. There are still ways to get it out, it's not that...
  15. DRKV

Teal Pressure Plates are sometimes not triggered by Dart Traps

We've also been having a discussion about this over at T-MEC, which might be relevant: PC - 1.4 broke upwards firing traps...
  16. DRKV

PC 1.4 broke upwards firing traps...

I'm not sure what you mean by "update memory", Terraria is pretty bad, but as far as I know, it doesn't have any sort of memory leak or high GC pressure problem with projectile updates. Multiplayer is a whole other can of worms. Terraria multiplayer is just buggy and unreliable in general, so...
  17. DRKV

Well, spear trap don't work either when they are placed right against a teal pad. What made upward firing traps so amazing, was precisely the fact that their timing was pretty much perfect. It took exactly one update for the dart to hit the teal pad, and then it was destroyed during the same...
  18. DRKV

I opened a bug report about that. Teal Pressure Plates are sometimes not triggered by Dart Traps I don't really count on this being fixed, but we'll see.
  19. DRKV

Teal Pressure Plates are sometimes not triggered by Dart Traps

This is technically not a new problem in 1.4, but the situation has regressed somewhat. In the above picture, none of the pressure plates will actually get hit by the dart trap. The first row of examples, where the teal pad is facing towards the trap, is happening because the dart actually...
  20. DRKV

Dropped coin piles behave inconsistently

In Terraria 1.4 the physics of dropped sand and coin tiles were changed to be more realistic. They no longer get caught by otherwise non-solid tiles. (This is a pretty nice change btw, it makes working with them a lot easier, at least in theory.) The changes however also resulted in them doing...
Top Bottom