• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation!: Get all the info by clicking here. As of Oct 19 a new patch has been released. Click here for Known Issues and FAQ. For any other bugs, report them (with as much detail as possible) here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Search results

1. Mathbrush1

Sub classing the magic weapons.

I was just thinking about this today (classifying magic weapons) and then saw this by accident. I think these are great characterizations. It's a shame there's no in-game classification (like with shroomite helmet or yoyo glove only working with certain weapons) because it's fun to do 'mini...
  2. Mathbrush1

What's your most hated sounds on terraria?

The only time I ever modded Terraria was replacing the fart in a jar sound with a regular jump sound. It was just too annoying
  3. Mathbrush1

LOTS of Pre-Hardmode weapons tested against the Wall of Flesh

With Star Fury, I usually use Featherfall, Obsidian Skin and Water Walking potions. You don't need a bridge since you're walking on lava, and you're low down enough the star works fine (I usually check once for obstructions). It's a great weapon if you keep the Wall just off the screen and...
  4. Mathbrush1

PC A lot of weapons tested against Skeletron & More

I didn't see this until just now. Looks great! Crazy how in every one of these tests with different bosses, summoner has some of the best times. Also I'm really surprised the Thunder zapper did so much better than the Amethyst staff. I've recently thought of it as bottom of the barrel.
  5. Mathbrush1

PC A lot of weapons tested against Plantera & More

Thank you, it's perfect. Looks like Optic's pretty bad. I really appreciate you trying out extra stuff, this boss is the worst one, for me, after the Moon Lord!
  6. Mathbrush1

PC A lot of weapons tested against Plantera & More

This is great! Interesting to see that the Tome of Infinite Wisdom did good here and against the Twins. I always thought the weapon was cool, but all the guides say it's weak. Interesting how the melee OOA weapons are so bad against bosses but this and Phantom Phoenix work so well Is the optic...
  7. Mathbrush1

Working as Designed stone slab painting

I'm not the original poster, but thanks for explaining this, I've always wondered why some blocks don't paint well!
  8. Mathbrush1

Can I still kill the destroyer with these?

You can use any extra hallowed bars you get to start making Hallowed Armor, it's one of the best armor sets in the game.
  9. Mathbrush1

One last idea: Queen Slime has 1/2 the life of other bosses. If you use the Stormbow against her, she'll die fast and can drop Crystal Assassin armor which is strong enough for mechs. Or you can use Obsidian Armor, Firecracker whip and Spiders or Sanguine Staff to kill the Destroyer pretty easily.
  10. Mathbrush1

A slightly easier way to find adamantite is to go to the underworld and look for it in the ash at the top. Rare ores are more common the lower down you are, so that's the spot adamantite is most likely to appear.
  11. Mathbrush1

A LARGE AMOUNT of early Hardmode weapons tested against Expert Twins

Are your times measured in seconds? Your times are more than 2x as fast, and you're in master mode. Your summoner times are similar. Do you think the minions account for the difference in the non-summoner times?
  12. Mathbrush1

1.4 Summoner Minion, Whip & Armor In-Depth Tier List

I'll agree that it's worse than ice chest weapons (Ice Blade, Snowball Cannon) and jungle-crafted weapons (any of them).
  13. Mathbrush1

A LARGE AMOUNT of early Hardmode weapons tested against Expert Twins

This is great! One thing I'd be interested in seeing is any weapon with cursed arrows. I got some good numbers with them against the Destroyer, and wanted to see if it was a fluke. I'm slightly less interested in seeing Ice Sickle used, and possibly yoyos (melee speed can make the string...
  14. Mathbrush1

The Storm Spear is a great weapon; it does 1.5x the listed damage with its beam and does regular spear stuff up close. I almost always explore the entire UD before any bosses trying to find Bast statues and Magic Conch. I also go Flinx->UD-> Jungle
  15. Mathbrush1

It's all subjective! I actually prefer the first phase of the game the most (and early hard-mode), since it has real exploration and challenges. And skipping progression always feels boring to me; it's like trying to play less game. That doesn't mean you're wrong, it means that there's not one...
  16. Mathbrush1

Testing EVERY pre-boss weapon against Expert Eye of Cthulhu

I started at around 10 or 11 in the morning and went until 12:15 at night. Then I woke up this morning to finish it off with Blood Water, Unholy Water, Reaver Shark and some hammers.
  17. Mathbrush1

Testing EVERY pre-boss weapon against Expert Eye of Cthulhu

Do we really need another testing thread for easy bosses that people didn't have trouble with in the first place? No. Does anyone care about comparing the Boreal Wood Hammer to the Paper Airplane as weapons against bosses? No. But I did it anyway. Enjoy! The defense from buffs was high...
  18. Mathbrush1

Ask a Corrupt Mimic Anything

Why is the dart rifle so good? People are using it almost the whole game; why?
  19. Mathbrush1

In-depth Hardmode weapon tier list

Sounds great! I really struggle with them, so I'm looking forward to your results.
  20. Mathbrush1

Mod Recommendations to make the game as cursed and painful as possible

If you want it to be painful to play, you could add a fatigue meter that goes up when you jump, attack, go through hot or cold areas, or wear heavy armor. The higher it gets, the slower you go. Only sleeping and eating restore it, and if it reaches max your character falls asleep.
Top Bottom