• PC 1.4.3: An eye for an eye, the Terraria x Don't Starve Together Crossover Update! Get all the details here. Found some bugs? Report them with as much detail as possible here.
  • Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation!: Get all the info by clicking here. Click here for Known Issues and FAQ. For any other bugs, report them (with as much detail as possible) here.
  • SWITCH 1.4: Journey's End will launch on Switch January 4, 2022! More details here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Search results

1. GabeHasWon

tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

Thank you. If you could join the Discord, a dev should be able to help figure out your problem - it'd be really slow to do it here on the forums. However, if you don't have an account, feel free to start a conversation with me here and I'll try to help.
  2. GabeHasWon

tModLoader The Spirit Mod!

This is a known bug, which should be fixed in the next update. Those guiding arrows are not from Spirit, I forget which mod they are from though. Could you take a screenshot of the tile & the surrounding environment? Not sure what you're talking about exactly.
  3. GabeHasWon

I return, this time with a simple announcement. My mod, the Verdant Mod, could use two more beta...

I return, this time with a simple announcement. My mod, the Verdant Mod, could use two more beta testers. If you wanna help me do some testing on this mod, feel free to reply or DM me. Hopefully, I'll be back soon with a full release.
  4. GabeHasWon

The Verdant biome from my mod of the same name. expect more soon [ATTACH]

The Verdant biome from my mod of the same name. expect more soon
  5. GabeHasWon

tModLoader Modding Tutorial: World Generation

ExampleMod goes over this; basically, in your ModWorld, use TileCountsAvailable and set a static int field to the tile count of your biome's tiles. Then, check that field in your ModPlayer. If it's over a number, let's say 50, set a bool value in that player. Then, if that bool value is true...
  6. GabeHasWon

Excuse the long wait; I've added a little section explaining how chests work in the main post. As for the P.S.; that is explained a good amount in the Positioning section of the tutorial. If you want further explanation, some biomes are very abstract and you have to detect it yourself. It...
  7. GabeHasWon

You have addTile to false in your TileRunner parameters. Otherwise, it's working exactly as you're telling the programming to...apart from the walls. No idea why the walls are there.
  8. GabeHasWon

You have several pairs of extraneous curly braces (aka { } these), but the bigger problem is positioning. You have the base X position of int X = WorldGen.genRand.Next(1, Main.maxTilesX - 300); but then in the following couple lines you define a new X position of X + Main.rand.Next(-240, 240)...
  9. GabeHasWon

tModLoader GabeHasWon's Mod

This mod has been discontinued for a long while, and the Void is no longer part of the mod. Apologies.
  10. GabeHasWon

This depends on your organization, but this is how I'd go about this - In your boss's NPCLoot() method, call another method that contains your generation code. So, if I wanted to make a biome called the Anti-Guide biome on killing my custom enemy, I'd call MyModWorld.AntiGuideGen(); in order to...
  11. GabeHasWon

No problem! If you're still stuck on placing it properly in the sky, try using a nested for loop to check a rectangle to make sure no other tiles are there, and spawn your structure if it's open. If you have further questions feel free to ask 👍 I'm afraid this isn't a mod at all, lol. This...
  12. GabeHasWon

While I understand why ExampleWell works well (haha) for you, I do not think it is a good implementation for world generation. The best way that I've found to do structures is to either make a way to save and load structures yourself, or use someone else's way of doing that. Personally, I've...
  13. GabeHasWon

Use modded tile types instead of vanilla ones, i.e. ModContent.TileType<NewOre>() rather than TileID.CopperOre.
  14. GabeHasWon

I don't believe so, and I have sadly lost the file. Apologies. Thanks, though do note it's no longer being worked on.
  15. GabeHasWon

tModLoader Need help with sprite animation code

Oh, for items? I'm not sure how you'd go about that to be honest, I've only used vertical spritesheets for items. I'd recommend you do the same rather than trying to use a horizontal spritesheet. For some reason there's no DrawAnimationHorizontal, and that's the only thing I could think of that...
  16. GabeHasWon

tModLoader Need help with sprite animation code

You should keep the frame size consistent with the largest frame + 2px buffer. That's the easiest way to handle different sizes (imo). Rather than changing the frameY of whatever projectile/npc/tile you want to animate, use the frameX. This is assuming you're doing a custom animation, since...
  17. GabeHasWon

I'm not sure if it's on the browser anymore, but I don't intend to keep it updated. It's been effectively taken down, sorry.
  18. GabeHasWon

tModLoader Big Biome Expansion: Jungle

Yeah, it's dead. I did not have enough motivation to get anywhere near finishing this concept, sadly.
  19. GabeHasWon

I'll look into that mod, and see what I can do. I must've not tested the snowball staff, I'll fix it shortly. I can't promise anything from the old mod, most of it will not be coming back. It just wasn't designed as well as it could be, and I'm much better at making stuff now. Hopefully that...
  20. GabeHasWon

It's been a while, hasn't it? New stuff is happening. It's already in the main post, but here: - - - As of v2.006, the Deadshroom will be getting a couple of more additions that will make it feel more alive...or dead, as it were. A couple of enemies, and maybe more... The Purity will be getting...
Top Bottom