Search results

1. Jabberwocky

(Resolved) Wooden Chests on GetFixedBoi Seed

Yeah, I'm on my second getfixedboi playthrough and this issue sucks... they're all in the mushroom layer, where you have to deal with sometimes-hard-to-see, burn-on-contact, lava-dropping Crispy Honey Blocks EVERYWHERE. They also don't seem very common. Trying to find them when they're relevant...
  2. Jabberwocky

PC Most annyoing HM underground jungle enemy

Yeah heh minor thread res. I gots opinions. 100% Moss Hornets. Hornets in general suck because they have no range limit for line-of-sight and, practically, for their stingers. I feel like stinger shots should be affected by gravity, limiting the range at which they can make you miserable...
  3. Jabberwocky

**REPORTED** Today's patch broke my Ocean Pylon

Also of note: If the center portion of the map does not qualify as ocean biome... there's a large pool of honey directly above my spawn point (you can see the enormous hive above the Cavern Pylon at the bottom center) that yields Ocean Crates when I fish in it, among other things. It's also the...
  4. Jabberwocky

Okay. Here's my world map. The Ocean Pylon is allllll the way on the far right edge of the surface. It's literally on the surface of the right-side ocean!
  5. Jabberwocky

Since the patch that landed a little bit ago, my Ocean Pylon no longer works; it responds with "not in the correct biome". I'm playing Zenith seed, and made my way to the right-side ocean, laid platforms across it, and made housing in the very far corner, where the Crimson stops registering. I...
  6. Jabberwocky

A note on building an Ocean biome in Don't Dig Up and Zenith seeds

In Don't Dig Up and Zenith seeds, if you want to build an ocean... maybe to farm shark fins for alchemy... it's most effective to build it in Cavern-level Desert, where there's no backwall and it behaves like Surface Desert. I realized this when I kept finding sharks in tiny pools of water while...
  7. Jabberwocky

Follow-up: Got home and tried it and yes, you can use Magma Snails, Hell Butterflies, and...

Follow-up: Got home and tried it and yes, you can use Magma Snails, Hell Butterflies, and Lavaflies as bait in water just fine. Handy for Don't Dig Up and Zenith seeds... once you get a Tinkerer's Workshop, you can craft a Lavaproof Bug Net and, with a few NPCs at the starting area, these bait...
  8. Jabberwocky

Anyone know if lava bait (Magma Snail and such) can be used for non-lava fishing?

Anyone know if lava bait (Magma Snail and such) can be used for non-lava fishing?
  9. Jabberwocky

Working as Designed NPCs Spontaneously Die

I'm on my second playthrough of the Zenith seed and can confirm that yes, you need to re-acquire them normally.
  10. Jabberwocky

Don't Dig Up/Zenith seed bugs

Having played through both DDU and Zenith, I've noticed a couple things. One: non-honey things can be fished up in honey. Like... I have a honey pool in the Jungle, and, in it, I can catch honey things (Honeyfin, Bumblebee Tuna), jungle things (Jungle crates, Neon Tetra, etc), and ocean things...
  11. Jabberwocky

Resolved Spawning Truffle in Don't Dig Up seed?

So... I figured this out. I actually had to carve out an area at the Surface level (I put it at 2' Surface level), made a surface Glowing Mushroom (GM) biome, built a mushroom house, then carved away the Crimson around the biome until the Truffle would move in. THEN I was able to transfer him to...
  12. Jabberwocky

Resolved Spawning Truffle in Don't Dig Up seed?

I can't seem to get the Truffle to spawn in Don't Dig Up. The wiki says it should be able to move into the Glowing Mushroom biome directly above the Underworld spawn point, but it won't show up. I built a mushroom house in the biome directly above base, then built another house a little further...
  13. Jabberwocky

Does anyone else compulsively click the sun EVERY TIME you're on the title screen because you...

Does anyone else compulsively click the sun EVERY TIME you're on the title screen because you like the old title music better?
  14. Jabberwocky

[Showcase/Project] A Compact Fishing Complex and More

Hi! I was wondering just what 1.4 broke about this. Is it something that can be compensated for? Edit: Oh, I see folks broke it down in 2020. Cool!
  15. Jabberwocky

Stuff that says "adult assembly required" is so awkward. Wait, so I have to build this desk AND...

Stuff that says "adult assembly required" is so awkward. Wait, so I have to build this desk AND a functional adult???
  16. Jabberwocky

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

I find visibility very limited in the underground desert, because so much of it is tiny caves; anywhere that also spawns webbing just makes it worse. The place is littered with larva eggs that spawn larvae that just make any fight you get into that much worse, but, for all that they're larvae...
  17. Jabberwocky

I'm also going to go on record again in saying the new Underground Desert is TERRIBLE for the dubious rewards it offers. It's still a lot of small caves with little maneuverability, flying enemies, charging enemies, but now also includes triggered charging enemies, placed spikes (rolling cacti...
  18. Jabberwocky

It seems you've missed the point of this official thread entirely. Your reaction is as though I'm going to force it all to happen... although I'm not sure how that would negatively impact your experience. We were asked for feed back; I gave feedback. You've decided you unilaterally "know" what...
  19. Jabberwocky

Flexibility of game interface is also a part of valid game design; something I've watched develop in the industry since games as early as Pitfall, when systems started implementing the ability to "pause". Just because you play the game one way does not mean I should have to, for instance...
  20. Jabberwocky

It's "Sir", thanks, and, with over 4,000 hours played, I already know about the glove... but its existence isn't relevant to my argument. I am not the character, I am the player. In most cases, if I hold "Attack", I probably want the character to keep attacking.
Top Bottom