Search results for query: *

1. joffrecordan

Is whip stacking fun gameplay or an exploit to be patched?

Whip stacking is the act of switching between multiple whips when facing a hardier opponent, in order to apply multiple tag damage debuffs to a targeted NPC, and greatly increase the damage of the individual summons. One the one hand, summoners are considered one of the easier classes to play...
  2. joffrecordan

Game Mechanics Achievement for Buying a Slime Staff from Princess in Get Fixed Boi Seeds in the first day

I'm no speedrunner or even particularly adroit player, but I've been trying a challenge where I start a fresh character and a fresh GFB large world and try to buy the slime staff before the princess dies. It's not just getting the gold, but getting back and completing the transaction before...
  3. joffrecordan

Items Sashimono, team vanity/functional farming accessory.

A Sashimono is a Samurai War Banner that is worn on the back. This could be a vanity item, made from colored threads. Team colors? Yes! The item could be bespoke, but it could also be used to hang existing vanity/enemy banners behind the player. Enemy Banners would still provide their enemy...
  4. joffrecordan

Items Cabin Bombs

In 1.4.4, we got all kinds of little utility bombs. Dirt Bombs, wet Bombs, dry Bombs. One utility that I think would be useful is a Cabin Bomb. Combine any wooden chair, table, and lamp with dynamite and it creates a bomb. When it explodes, it leaves Blasted Bricks in a roughly roundish shape...
  5. joffrecordan

Biomes & Nature Jollywood, Pine Tree Blocks, and Christmas Lights.

Suggesting a Christmas alternative to Halloween's pumpkins. Occasionally, during the Christmas season, pine-like trees grow. They grow at the same density as pumpkin, not more than 5 in a 200x200 block area. When cut down they provide Jollywood. Presents are added to the "shaking" drop pool for...
  6. joffrecordan

Biomes & Nature A liquid that falls upwards.

I once, years ago, read that a modder was able to adjust the integer that controls the fall speed of a liquid, and ever since I've wondered if that fall speed could be a negative number. I know we've already got liquid #4, and I don't have an idea for what niche my suggested liquid could hold...
  7. joffrecordan

Game Mechanics Black and Wight, a Graveyard Seed

Inspired by a mispelling in another topic title. I know it wasn't OP's intention, but "wight," is a classic term for undead. A, "Black and Wight," seed where it is always a full graveyard/ecto mist might be a neat challenge. In addition to constant undead from the start, it'd also be very dark...
  8. joffrecordan

Weapons & Equip Itano Circus

Maybe I've been playing too much Armored Core, recently, but I'd like a minion that sits on your back like a backpack, the way finch staff minions sit on a player's head. When enemies enter range, missiles fly out of the backpack at an angle, then begin maneuvering to hit the enemy. They...
  9. joffrecordan

Biomes & Nature Diagonal firing Dart and spear traps.

Right now, traps only fire left, right, up, or down. In a +. My suggestions is trap blocks that are a threat diagonally, in the x directions. Obviously, this will provide more ways to attack a deadman's chest, or make the temples a little more threatening, especially good for Red's trap seeds...
  10. joffrecordan

Game Mechanics Include equipped armor and accessories when displaying available crafts/tinkers, and placed items within crafting reach (with block replace).

It's a small thing, I guess, and maybe this only annoys me, but it is annoying to have to unequip my balloons and shoes to tinker. I often forget that I need to do this, and then I spend a minute popping open a chest or piggy bank that has the unequipped items and looking through the craft list...
  11. joffrecordan

Game Mechanics Hot and Sticky Toilet Seats: Bathtubs and Toilets count as Liquid Crafting Stations

Currently, all sinks provide water for Crafting. The regular toilet and the Golden toilet count as chairs for crafting. My suggestion is to upgrade all toilets to act as chairs, have Bathtubs and toilets provide water as well, while having Honey and Obsidian furniture specifically providing...
  12. joffrecordan

Weapons & Equip Armor Affix/Modifiers! No, wait, this is different! (I think).

I know a million people have proposed armor modifiers, and many have come up with full tables of bonuses. I'm not that thorough. I have heard that the devs think this concept is a balance nightmare or something. Maybe they haven't said that, maybe I made that up? I'm proposing that Armor...
  13. joffrecordan

1.3.6? What the heck happened, E3 just cut off the video.

Every stream I saw, the new Terraria video just freezes mid-way through some new nautilus (Blood Moon fishing) fight, and then the announcer immediately moves on.
Back
Top Bottom