Search results for query: *

• Users: Burnscars
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Burnscars

Overanalysis of the Brain of Cthulhu

I find it interesting that the brain of Cthulhu features a heart and an eye. It is also interesting that the Pineal gland isn't reviewed in public education, even though it is a simple organ that is relatively easy to understand. Let's take a look at this for a moment, first by reviewing the...
  2. Burnscars

Controller Setup

I have two Logitech f310 controllers plugged into my computer, and I have no idea how to get them functioning with the GOG version of the game. There is no option to select a controller in the configuration menu, unlike options you find to select which gamepad to use in other games and...
  3. Burnscars

His Name is COUNT DANKULA, everyone should subscribe.

<Video Removed by Staff> This man was found GUILTY for making a JOKE. We show school children, under age 12, facts about Wold War II, up to and including british bulldozers shovelling skinny bodies into mass graves. So, the school system of America thinks it's good to show children images of...
  4. Burnscars

Super Intellectual

We are living in a cult of intellect. Complex code and secret handshakes abound. The effort to subvert the common man seems pointless to those of us less talented in total control, those of us who refuse to see the ugly reality of war as a business...however, those of us who entertain the idea...
  5. Burnscars

AMD Ryzen Discussion

I've had my eye on the AMD Zen project for a few years, which eventually bore the Ryzen chips a few months ago. I had a car accident and couldn't get my hands on one, and was wondering if any of the members here had play-tested any of them? The stats are to drool for, the prices are rather low...
  6. Burnscars

Safer Headquarters

Hello fellow builders. I have a few methods for creating castles that are designed not just to spawn NPCs, but to keep them, and the player, safe. First of all, you need to measure your builds using jump height and safe fall distances. Your player is able to fall the exact distance down as it...
  7. Burnscars

When the Terrible Person Dies

Ever notice that when you die as a hardcore character and travel around as a ghost that no monsters spawn? It makes me wonder, did the guide get you in trouble, or is it the other way around? Terraria is cursed with slimes, undead, and awful monsters, and they all go away when the most evil...
  8. Burnscars

Biomes & Nature The Cursed Dungeon.

I started to imagine how a mix of dungeon and crimson music would sound and this idea hit me like a ton of bricks. What would pink, blue, or green dungeon brick/walls look like if they were infected with hallow, corruption, or crimson? What new enemies could appear? I thought it would be nice...
  9. Burnscars

Custom PC Checklist

I noticed something that was very sad on Newegg.com the other day. People are posting their part selection in public wishlists, and they almost always, always forget critical components, like power supplies or cpu heatsinks. That, and so many one-egg reviews consist of complaints from people...
  10. Burnscars

Game Mechanics Furnaces need attention

This is a simple suggestion, just a minor nit-pick. I notice you can make certain things from "any wood" or "any iron." Why can't we make furnaces with "any stone?" As it is now, you can burrow deep into the Hallow Underground and find some nice areas lit up with crystals, and crimson areas...
  11. Burnscars

Are you deeply satisfied with 1.3?

I was afraid that Terraria 1.3 would jump the shark. I thought it would become overblown, with game-breaking mechanics, more bugs than ever, and items that would not lend to the experience. Some of you might feel that 1.3 did exactly that; it took a complicated game and made it bigger than it...
  12. Burnscars

The Outer Middle Show

My brother has been contacted by Aliens from the Little Dipper. Vlad has been resurrected to bring fame to the video masterminds of small time space, with hopes to make it into the big time. For Radioactive Chum, SUBSCRIBE!
  13. Burnscars

Two Generations of Mediocrity

So I gave away my Xbox 360 years ago. From the way things look today, I can't wait to drop a thousand dollars on this generation of games to experience the Xbox One and PS4. No, actually, I think I'll just drop a thousand dollars on a new PC; then I'll use the PC to photoshop memes and watch...
  14. Burnscars

Weapons & Equip O.M.G. - Orca Machine Gun

So we are all waiting for the next patch with hopes that the S.D.M.G will finally be a regular weapon, and I thought perhaps we could push it one step further. I have no idea what sort of stats would be best for this weapon, so I'll just go over the concept. Here we have a rapid fire weapon...
  15. Burnscars

Portfolio/Multi-Topic New Moon Event; The Honey Moon

I have always enjoyed the challenge of surviving moon events, and thought that the holiday theme was a cute theme for Terraria to pursue. So, I thought of a moon event for Valentine's Day. The moon itself will be shown as honey-gold and heart-shaped. The difficulty of the event will be rated as...
  16. Burnscars

Mirror's Edge 2, Petition

I'm behind on my gaming news, and only just found out about this petition to remove Anita Sarkeesian from Mirror's Edge 2 development. If you've watched a few of her videos then you should, by now, have an opinion of her one way or another, and might want to have a look at this petition. I was...
  17. Burnscars

Blurb About Video Game Tastes

I invite everyone to blurb about their game experiences and their game tastes. I'll start with my own opinions and experiences. I will begin where it began for me. As a very young boy, at about age three, I would visit a neighbor who had an Atari. This was about 1984, I was three headed toward...
  18. Burnscars

Impact of Music

In this thread, we share music. You may, if you like, comment on the music you share, or, you may allow the music to speak for itself. So, I comment on the above video. The world is ours. The world is ours, and that's all I can say. We share it whether we like to or not.
  19. Burnscars

Nostalgia Hounds of Gaming!

Let's take a walk through recent gaming history, and look back at some titles that we have played that remind us how amazing the young art of computerized game design has become. I got my first game console in 1988, when I was 8 years old, a NES-001 model. This console was an atrocious hunk of...
Back
Top Bottom