Search results for query: *

• Users: PaulJ
  • Order by date
  1. PaulJ

Other Crafting interface

(I had to edit this a whole bunch of times because I tend to ramble - sorry, my bad.) The crafting interface is needlessly inconvenient imo. This can be fixed, and in part has already been demonstrated to some extent on the older console versions via the category tabs (which aren't perfect...
  2. PaulJ

Game Mechanics new npc spawn ordering and pricing system

It's a good idea, just need to change the approach a bit. We already have environmental buffs from specific items, but what about points-based room buffs? Imagine that every single piece of furniture can give a certain number of room points. So if you build a room and then put in 3 pieces of...
  3. PaulJ

NPCs & Enemies NPC idling actions

You're right, I just observed them sitting. Great. Still would be nice to see additional idle animations :)
  4. PaulJ

NPCs & Enemies NPC idling actions

Not gonna suggest a random OC like so many threads here do; rather, I'm gonna focus on why NPCs seem so detached from the game world. To put it bluntly they're just vending machines. Oh sure the Dryad casts a blessing, sometimes a party happens, maybe a few other things, but that's it. They...
  5. PaulJ

Game Mechanics new npc spawn ordering and pricing system

To avoid players metagaming this, make the benefits more like different dialog text, or their event happens on different days, or they give a short-lived buff every hour or so, something minor along those lines. If building X theme house makes the NPC sell stuff cheaper everyone will end up...
  6. PaulJ

Game Mechanics More Info on Character & World Selection Screens

Agreed - more stats on the character/world list page wouldn't hurt. I'm pretty sure a file "created date" is baked into the OS, same goes with "last updated on date". For worlds, showing the last character loaded might be confusing in multiplayer, but I suppose they wouldn't really care and it'd...
  7. PaulJ

Game Mechanics Fixing Drop Rates

Agreed - a potion (craftable consumable) seems like the best approach; it doesn't take too much effort but still more than zero, and it's separate from the loot grind itself. Terraria is the only game I bother crafting consumables because they're not too much of a hassle to make, and they...
  8. PaulJ

Other easier item searching system

So how does the game differentiate which chests can be searched vs those to exclude? One way would be to tag them as they're placed by the player. This info can be saved in the world data by saving the player ID followed by a list of tagged chest coordinates. Similarly when a chest is removed...
  9. PaulJ

Belated greetings

Hi all, Long-time Terraria player here, I actually played since v1.1 at a friend's place when I was taking care of him due to his health issues. Eventually I got the PS3 version, then for the Vita, Android, and the PS4, and finally early this year I picked up the GOG version. I am - well, was -...
  10. PaulJ

PC UI scale reset

Okay, I renamed the existing config.json file, then launched the game. Loaded up a world, changed the now-default scale from 100% to 130%. Saved and exited. Launched the game again, loaded the world - okay, it's zoomed to the correct value (130%). Just to be thorough I did a text comparison of...
  11. PaulJ

PC UI scale reset

Hi all, I tried searching the forums first for any relevant hits but didn't find any. The problem I'm having is that the UI scaling is reset to 100% when I launch the game. Oddly, the game also does remember the actual value because it displays both. Here's a screenshot: Notice how UI...
Back
Top Bottom