Search results for query: *

• Users: Fichom
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Fichom

Items Gemcorns from gem critters

Not sure if I like this one and how balance it would be, but it did just pop into my head - let us combine gem variants of critters with acorns to get gemcorns. A quick example, a ruby bunny + acorn would give the player a single ruby acorn. Would be an extra interesting mechanic for the...
  2. Fichom

Game Mechanics Axe of Regrowth replanting gemcorns

A simple suggestion - if you have the appropriate gemcorn in your inventory, the Axe of Regrowth should replant it when chopping down gem trees - similarly how it does with acorns and other "normal" trees, but I'd maybe have it use up gemcorns since they are quite valuable otherwise.
  3. Fichom

Game Mechanics Renewable Ice and Snow

I wasn't able to find previous discussions on this, because word "ice" is too common/short for the search functionality of the forums. The idea is to (as I'm sure there were discussions on this general topic) somehow make ice and snow a renewable resource. First order of business is - why? Why...
  4. Fichom

PC Game crash when streaming on Discord

Howdyho, Terraria crashes when alt-tabbing back into it, while it's being streamed on Discord at 60 FPS (30 FPS works fine). Note that it only crashes if you "stream the application" - streaming the screen it is being played on does not crash the game. It generates the error message in most of...
  5. Fichom

Items Hellstone/Meteorite from crates

Heyho, a quick little addition to the game: add hellstone/meteorite ore/bars to the loot of Obsidian/Hellstone and Gold/Titanium crates. I know it's kind of a niche type of addition, but it could be great for some challenge maps and generally more renewable resources in the world(I know...
  6. Fichom

Items [New] World Sculptor's Tool Belt

Heyho, another idea of mine: The World Sculptor's Tool Belt. It's a simple item that combines effects of Architect Gizmo Pack, Toolbelt, Mechanical Ruler and Ancient Chisel. It's effects would be: Increase block & wall placement speed Increase block placement & tool range by 4 (compared to...
  7. Fichom

Blocks & Decoration [New] Totem of Regression

Heyho, another 'brilliant' idea of mine is a 'Totem of Regression'. It's a placeable furniture item that works kinda like the Enchanted Sundial, but instead of skipping to the next day, it temporarily regresses the world to a pre-hardmode state. The idea is you could use it at any point in the...
  8. Fichom

Items [New] Perma-Foods

Heyho, an idea for items that permanently give food buffs. They should be quite hard to get, and given there are 3 grades of food buff, I think there should be 1 for each grade. If a player carries more than one of these, he gets only the benefits of the best one. So they are: Tier 1: Bountiful...
  9. Fichom

Blocks & Decoration Seed extraction

Make an 'extractinator' for seeds or have the alchemy table have additional specialty crafting ability that allows for extraction of seeds. What seeds could you get? Well, I'm thinking most(potential conversion ratios in parenthesis): - Herb seeds from herbs(1:1) - Grass seeds from...
  10. Fichom

Blocks & Decoration Icicles drop ice block

Heyho, this a simple suggestion that should be implementable somewhat easily. My idea is that those icicles that spawn on the ceilings of snow/ice blocks sometimes drop ice blocks when destroyed. The mechanic of 'sometimes' would be same/similar to how you sometimes get cobwebs from cobweb...
  11. Fichom

PC [AFK farm] One-way slime wall

Heyho, I have a 'volcano' afk farm setup in underground jungle with one-way walls to contain hornets and bats. The problem is slimes mostly get stuck in the one-way wall. I am in pre-hardmode vanilla master-mode, so if you got any suggestions on how I could fix the problem with what is...
  12. Fichom

Game Mechanics [UX, controls] Building hotkeys

Heyho, I love building but some processes are down-right annoying because the way UI is currently built - specifically, I'm talking about the building tools UI icons which are tiny, but are also available only while the inventory is open, which in turn means you can't change 'building modes'...
Back
Top Bottom