Search results for query: *

• Users: J Bame
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. J Bame

Items Drinking a Summoning Potion automatically summons 1 of your most summoned minion

Potions run out in the middle of combat. Usually that's no big deal, you just press B again. But for Summoning, that's a different story. If Summoning runs out you lose one of your minions, and if you drink the potion you have to summon that one minion again. And before a boss battle, you have...
  2. J Bame

PC Lesser known uses for certain items

Using the exact same build every single time eventually gets boring. This is what leads people to try out new strategies and loadouts: Sometimes you try out a new class, other times an entirely new armor or accessory combination. But there are some slightly obscure combos out there that aren't...
  3. J Bame

Game Mechanics Double the amount of ammo slots

Picture you are in 1.2: 4 ammo slots are more than enough, you very rarely put anything in there other than Arrows and Bullets, and even more rarely do you need multiple ammo types at once. Come 1.3 and 1.4 and a lot has been added: Utility rockets, bait, gel for flamethrowers, darts...
  4. J Bame

Items Rework Golden Delight

Grants the Exquisitely Stuffed buff for 48 minutes. The idea for this item is as simple as it gets. Super rare but super powerful; Except for one thing: It's almost never worth it. There is a thing known as "too good to use syndrome". This is for items that have a powerful effect, but are...
  5. J Bame

NPCs & Enemies Giving Love to the pirate invasion

Right now the Pirate Invasion has 3 big problems: 1- The event has unfair elements that make it a chore to get through compared to the Goblin Invasion. Why isn't the Goblin army unfair? The tanky Goblin Warriors are very slow. Goblin archers/sorcerers have a slow firing speed and slow...
  6. J Bame

tModLoader TRAE Project

Made for 1.4.4 Tmodloader. Introducing the Terraria Rebalanced and Expanded Project! Made by certain Terraria fans who felt that 1.4 wasn't quite fitting to be the end of Terraria lifespan, this rather ambitious mod aims to fix all issues present in the vanilla game, balance or otherwise, and...
  7. J Bame

A GREAT MANY weapons tested against the Pumpkin Moon + Frost Moon Final wave strategies

Keeping up the trend because yes, here we have a lot of different weapons and setups tried against the Pumpkin moon. Due to this event's combination of big crowds and simple bosses, testing weapons here can give us a good idea of the general performance of a weapon. All tests were done on...
  8. J Bame

Terraria Community Balance Change Survey

Inspired by the discussions in the Official Balance thread, I decided to make a Survey to see what the community thinks of the game's current balance and see what changes should be made to which items. Note that it's extremely unlikely that any balance changes get made after 1.4.2, so this...
  9. J Bame

PC Lunatic Cultist's projectile resistances are a mess.

Some of you may know from the Wiki that the Lunatic Cultist is coded to take 25% less damage from "homing" projectiles. I asked around and got someone to look this up in the game's code, and got a list of all the projectiles the Cultist has a resistance to. We can see that this doesn't just...
  10. J Bame

Weapons & Equip Some Late-game Summoner re-estructuring

In this game, summoner weapons fit into three categories: Minions, Whips, and Sentries. Throughout the game, a summoner will mainly use the former two, since Sentry staves and armors are scarce, and their lack of movement/range gives them no use against bosses making them only a niche crowd...
  11. J Bame

LOTS of Pre-Hardmode weapons tested against the Wall of Flesh

Inspired by this thread this is going to become a trend isn't it I decided to test a lot of Pre-Hardmode weapons against the Wall of Flesh, in order to compare them and possibly find out the best possible build to use against the boss. The results? Well, here is what the left side of my...
  12. J Bame

**REPORTED** Defense penetration weapons dealing more damage than they are supposed to.

As you know some weapons can ignore a certain amount of enemy defense. The way this defense penetration works, it adds half the projectile's defense penetration as extra damage. So a Blade Staff (25 defense penetration) against an enemy with 25 defense will have its damage increased by 12 and...
  13. J Bame

**REPORTED** Odd tooltip on the Wasp Gun

Wasp Gun has a tooltip that just says "Wasp Gun" To me, this is too odd to be intentional
  14. J Bame

PC Spectre Mask's Set bonus orbs target Truffle Worms

Noticed this while hunting Worms. As you can see in the picture one Spectre Orb is trying to kill a Truffle Worm, but can't since I have a Guide of Critter Companionship equipped. I haven't seen if the Worm would get killed if I unequipped it.
  15. J Bame

Ask Bame anything

I'm a young guy who likes Terraria and Game Balance a bit too much. Ask whatever you want, but don't expect me to answer inaproppiate or really personal stuff. My pfp is a scarecrow
  16. J Bame

Weapons & Equip Amphibian Boots-styled sidegrades for all Hermes Boots variants

Out of all the accessories added in 1.4, my favorite have to be the Amphibian Boots. Not only because they are a very fitting and deserved tinker of the Frog Leg, but because they introduce something new to Terraria: Accessory variety. Instead of going for Lightning Boots every time, you now get...
  17. J Bame

Other Rainbow Rod and Sky Fracture's recipes

Sky Fracture requires a Magic Missile for its recipe, despite the fact that the two weapons have next to nothing in common in both visuals and attack styles. Meanwhile Rainbow Rod, the actual Hardmode version of the Magic Missile, doesn't. Suggestion here is simple: Move the 10 Crystal Shards...
  18. J Bame

Weapons & Equip Issues with "When hurt" effects, and possible reworks to fix them

1- Taking hits is obviously detrimental; it brings you closer to death. In Expert Mode it's easy to die from just 4-5 hits, and in Master Mode it's perfectly reasonable to expect one or two-hit deaths from some enemies. Therefore, these items need to do something that makes up for the...
  19. J Bame

tModLoader Bame's Vanilla Rebalancing

Terraria 1.3.5 has been out for a while now. With all the time it has been since we last got an update, the community has has plenty of time to see flaws in this game’s balance. We have items that are disproportionately overpowered for their stage in the game (Fetid Baghnakhs, Valhalla Knight...
  20. J Bame

Game Mechanics Make Ore Swords fire a Sword Beam when close to full health

Right now, making any Ore Sword is a waste. For a smaller or equal amount of bars (depending on the Ore) that they require, you can make a Bow, and later on just a Spear, which are notably better for Reach and/or DPS. The only reason you'd ever use a Sword over those two weapon types is that...
Back
Top Bottom