Search results for query: *

• Users: Rybek
  • Order by date
  1. Rybek

PC Issue(?) with 7 segment display and reset mechanism:

I'm going to have a dummy engine hooked up to a statue which can only spawn a mob when the current one is dead. I'll do this by having a statue of the same kind a couple blocks away, with two spawned. When a mob is spawned from the main box, it activates a pressure plate that leads to the...
  2. Rybek

Bloody hell thats compact. I'd use that if I were simply doing this for the sole purpose of having done it, but since I'm actually going to utilise this display, I'm going to stick with my crowded and bulky, yet understood by me design. EDIT: Still not working. Guess I have to put my pride...
  3. Rybek

Individual buffer for each output, right? I'll see if I can shift the resets and the display a bit to the right, maybe 5 tiles.
  4. Rybek

So it should work if I buffer the outputs for the display? If so, does where I place it matter, or can it be anywhere? Its getting a bit crowded in there
  5. Rybek

Okay, so I've gotten it to sort of work. Since my new set up is vertical(i.e. my logic circuits for each number go down instead of across), I don't have the luxury of a spare wire colour to run through each switch all the way to the reset, and still having that colour in the reset. My way around...
  6. Rybek

I'm going into the world now, and as for what I'm planning, I'm pretty proud of it, to say the least. Its going to be a hoik elevator with multiple destinations that can be chosen, and the display is going to show which floor the player currently using the elevator is on. I was planning to make...
  7. Rybek

So the reset means that only active torches have their faulty lamps toggled, I see now. I've got to start using them more often. They'd be great in a maths quiz minigame, or multiple choice answers, since it can randomize it within certain parameters, and even exact control over percentages...
  8. Rybek

I've always been a bit averse to faulty logic gate lamps, simply because I don't understand them, but I have to admit, they seem to be extremely handy.
  9. Rybek

For spoilers, insert button, then spoilers. Put stuff between the tags, and abracadabra, its a spoiler. And about your design, its virtually identical to mine, but mine doesn't seem to work. When I get on Terraria in the morning I'll double check my set up, and try to find where I went wrong.
  10. Rybek

So, I've installed a reset switch, and made the circuit vertical, and although the reset switch works, it doesn't transition from number to number. Would simply connecting every switch to the reset one fix that? EDIT: I've done that, but I had a snealking suspicion that it would cancel all...
  11. Rybek

So my entire reset system is redundant? I think your reset switch will work best if I also rearrange my setup vertically, so the output is horizontal. I'll get into my world and try it. Thanks for the help.
  12. Rybek

How would I get it to turn off the correct torches? Would my current system do, with minor alterations?
  13. Rybek

Mashing switches.

Mashing switches.
  14. Rybek

I seem to be making a habit of these posts, so why stop? N.B: I do play modded Terraria, but that shouldn't affect anything. Anyway, I've been working on a 7 segment numerical display, and I've run into a small issue with my reset mechanism. To display a number, you flick the switch assigned to...
  15. Rybek

PC Pixel box display

Not right now, but I might be able to make one for a simpler display( or even something else, since the concept is basically the same) in a bit, but I might not succeed. I'm better at theory than the actual wiring, so in case I don't manage to, or don't have enough time, I'd suggest contacting a...
  16. Rybek

PC Pixel box display

These pixel boxes are so complex compared to the 7 segment display I'm currently working on, I've got to give them a try one day. Make sure to let me know if my idea worked:happy:
  17. Rybek

PC Pixel box display

Personally, I always try to find a way to compact my designs, mostly because its less stuff to break if I scrap it, but also because if I don't, it just pesters me constantly. About the entire row turning off except for the single pixel, what I would do if this was a torch display, would be to...
  18. Rybek

PC Pixel box display

Sorry, seem to have momentarily lost my eyesight Still uncertain as to how I can help fix your issue, but I do have a question. For your output circuits, why did you use an OR gate with 2 lamps, instead of an AND gate with 1? They should function the same, and would make the design just a bit...
  19. Rybek

PC Pixel box display

That looks like a hell of a lot of wiring for a simple 4x4 display, but then again, I don't dabble much with pixel boxes, so for all I know, this could be a highly compact design. Either way, it looks interesting, and I don't understand it.
Back
Top Bottom