Search results for query: *

1. SuperJay

Terraria: Otherworld Changing of the Guard: An Update from Otherworld

@Loki - sup my bae? <3 I haven't been following along with TOW but it sounds like you folks are making the right calls. Take your time, do what you need to do to be proud of what you release. At the end of the day, a great game will erase almost all the pre-release muttering about delays and...
  2. SuperJay

1.3 Release Date Speculations?

Good lord, another thread like this? I guess ReLogic knows their own community well enough to realize that this is what they'll get in response to their teasers around updates, so I suppose they're fine with this sort of thing... but as a fan, every time these threads come up, I can't help...
  3. SuperJay

PC Fresh Newbie to Late-Game Guide (WIP)

Yeah, I think it's worth mentioning that it's possible to get the Leaf Wings really early on, b/c if players have the Witch Doctor living in their base, they'll never see the Wings in his inventory. He has to be in the Jungle (I think surface) and it has to be nighttime for the item to show up...
  4. SuperJay

Haha, right?? I've just recently done most of this stuff, so it's all fresh in my mind. But yeah, that's kind of part of my overall intent in mentioning some of this context and framing - I think it's easy for people to get over-intimidated by Hardmode, and not realize that a lot of the harder...
  5. SuperJay

Hi, @Xylia! I'll respond to your points in more detail below, but I want to assure you that none of my comments were intended as criticism or to imply there's something wrong with your guide. It's great, as I've said before! I just thought that it might be helpful for newer players to understand...
  6. SuperJay

Having referred to this guide on my way to Hardmode (having not played Terraria since 1.0), I wanted to provide a bit of context to some of the suggestions it contains and maybe add a slightly different perspective. - Moving your base and NPCs: You don't need to worry too much about moving all...
  7. SuperJay

How Did You Get Back Into Terraria?

I got back into it by taking two years off. Just picked it up again last month and have been having a blast. It's changed so much since 1.0 that it's really been like playing a whole new game, especially once I beat the Wall of Flesh and started my first Hardmode world.
  8. SuperJay

Just started Hardmode; ambushed by Skeletron Prime. Now what?

What an oddly pompous response. Where did you get the idea I didn't think I needed to kill bosses - or didn't enjoy boss battles - in order to progress? Obviously I'll "practice" when the time comes that I actually want to fight this boss, but there's point in "practicing" when you don't have...
  9. SuperJay

Just quoting myself to reiterate. The thread title no longer applies. :) That was basically my plan if there was no other way out, really. The death(s) wouldn't have mattered much - I stash my cash constantly, since as you know this ain't my first rodeo :) - but it just kind of amused me to...
  10. SuperJay

Thanks, all. It turns out he didn't actually spawn since I did save and exit right when I got the message (I thought that that didn't work anymore, for some reason). Oddly enough, he came right back the next night too, but I just did the same thing. The game really wants me to fight Skeletron...
  11. SuperJay

Casual Explain your avatar

My avatar is the logo for the avant-groove jazz trio Medeski, Martin & Wood. Everything they do is brilliant. :)
  12. SuperJay

I recently started my first Hardmode playthrough after defeating WoF, and I've been having a blast with the increased challenge, the risks, the new gear and enemies and all that good stuff. So far, I've fought a couple Pirate Invasions and done a bit of Cobalt and Mythril mining, rescued the...
  13. SuperJay

Grinding. Hacking. Duping. How do you play?

I generally play legit, at least the first time through a certain chunk of content (like Hardmode on my current playthrough, since I last played during 1.0). That said, I don't have many qualms about occasionally using resources I accumulated back at that time on my first main character...
  14. SuperJay

Overrated TV shows

Er, wait - how do you know what people who enjoy the show are or aren't questioning? Dude, it's sadly obvious that you really want the takeaway here to be that the cartoon television show that you like is reflective of your superior intellect and perception, and that other show that those...
  15. SuperJay

Overrated TV shows

Interesting! Yeah, you're taking the show far more seriously than it takes itself, and the fact that you think it's trying to be like Avatar says to me that you're woefully misunderstanding the intent behind Adventure Time. Yes, it is nonsensical, that is part of the point. Yes, world is odd...
  16. SuperJay

Overrated TV shows

....what? What are you trying to say, here? I get that you think Adventure Time is "overrated" because you personally dislike it, but 'dripping with modern ideals and speech' means what, exactly? Yeah, this thread seems to be more of a "post a popular show that doesn't suit your personal...
  17. SuperJay

Must-have gear and other mandatory preparations for Hardmode?

Okay cool, thanks for some tangible info. So the Jungle is the biggest worry, and everyone's saying "protect it," but what exactly does that entail? I asked upthread "I know the Crimson / Corruption spreads, but how do you "protect" your jungle? Do you just do something on the surface or do you...
  18. SuperJay

Thanks. Yeah, given the tedium involved, I do have to wonder if Re-Logic is rethinking the design here. If it wasn't for this vague, ill-formed worry that my entire world is going to be consumed by corruption and thus basically break my ability to progress through Hardmode, I'd have beaten the...
  19. SuperJay

Thanks for the ideas. I don't really follow the tips about protecting biomes, unfortunately. I know the Crimson / Corruption spreads, but how do you "protect" your jungle? Do you just do something on the surface or do you have to somehow shield the entire underground areas? Because that sounds...
  20. SuperJay

I played and "beat" Terraria back in the day (prior to 1.1, I think - a couple years ago) and just recently picked the game back up and started a new character in a new world. I've beaten every pre-Hardmode boss in that playthrough, so I'm basically up to the point where I could fight the Wall...
Back
Top Bottom