Search results for query: *

1. Stardust9681

Terraria Halloween Contest - 2023

Do we have any specific restrictions on builds/vanities? I would assume no mods that add new tiles or equips, are we banning the use of others that have purely visual effects ("Lights and Shadows" and "WeaponOut" come to mind)? What is the word on texture packs? Is there a specific limitation to...
  2. Stardust9681

Blocks & Decoration Hey, any way you could put wooden beams through platforms? Would be super useful for builds.

I guess just make every tile merge up-down through platforms. You add one more, and people will want another for tile type, so you add another one, and someone else will want yet another one. And then it'd be odd to include one tile type and not another so someone would ask to add the other...
  3. Stardust9681

Game Mechanics NPC Item Loot RNG - Chance for Drop Increases per Fail, Resets on Success

Most common issue I see with regards to fishing is how.. I guess mindless it is, in a way. You sort of turn off and just click a single button for hours. Maybe you hit a second button if you have buffs. I don't want to ruin that experience for players that enjoy it, but I also think there's an...
  4. Stardust9681

Game Mechanics ways of making the game's time go faster

Bed is 5x Day-rate Multiplier. That said, yes, Enchanted Sundial/Moondial exist. I won't disagree that the fishing quests can.. be tedious. I think actually a fine solution to this might be just to increase the number of quests the angler can give/accept each day? Maybe let the angler have 2-3...
  5. Stardust9681

Game Mechanics NPC Item Loot RNG - Chance for Drop Increases per Fail, Resets on Success

Okok, I can go in-depth here for you. I want to clarify also that my intention is not to deceive, and trying to suggest that I would intentionally try to get you to "fall for" a trick in that regard is.. damaging, really. Quite pointedly, most users care very little about the nitty-gritty...
  6. Stardust9681

I certainly hear you, and this is one thing I thought briefly on. Certainly, if this was kept track of per-world, per-character, that would be quite a lot of data. Not absurdly unreasonable, mind you -- remember that each character already maintains a map for each world they visit, a total of 5...
  7. Stardust9681

"This is just fallacy"? Please explain. As for your reality, certainly, anything there CAN happen. That is adjacent to lawyer speech though- you're not wrong, but that doesn't make it look any better. Really, saying that something CAN happen isn't saying much at all -- there are an infinite...
  8. Stardust9681

Game Mechanics THE BLACKOUT BLOCK

I think this is called Echo and Shadow paints. Echo will hide anything from players that don't have monolith (equipped or on group), or goggles (equipped), and Shadow just makes everything pitch-black.
  9. Stardust9681

Other definitive work table

I'd like to redirect visitors to This Post here asking for the same thing. I am of course going to be biased here, but I would like to highlight my own post in regards to this subject: Additionally, it was later pointed out "the bread item" is titled the "Artisan Loaf."
  10. Stardust9681

Game Mechanics Shiverthorn planter boxes to be obtained by defeating deerclops

I don't personally subscribe to the idea of locking sandbox elements behind defeating bosses -- decourations, especially those that have no significant effect or that have easily-obtained counterparts, should always be available to the player. Someone else also made a post asking for this to be...
  11. Stardust9681

Items Clarify That Dodge Effects Do Not Work On OHKO's

Certainly. It's not explicitly stated, but these are more or less the arguments I'm going for. Consistency is really a key element for making a game feel reasonably approachable -- and it was my original intent also to try to make this message clear in the original post. As you say, there's...
  12. Stardust9681

Game Mechanics Rename Rich Mahogany to 'Rich Mahogany Wood'

You know what, yeah I'd like to see this. It's the only distinct wood variant that.. doesn't have wood in the name, and it's awkward having to search for it specifically when building in journey (or heck, when using tShock's /item command also). Even spooky and dynasty woods, which aren't...
  13. Stardust9681

Game Mechanics OK Hear me out, what if we increase inventory by 20%

The player already effectively quintuples their inventory size through the pig, safe, forge, and vault, for a total of 250 total generic item slots. 246 if you carry each item around with you. Additionally, Relogic added 3 "loadouts" which gives you at least 20 more spaces for accessories, and...
  14. Stardust9681

Game Mechanics Aggro potions and a sign to know which player is holding aggro

The largest issue I see with this is that if multiple NPCs are present, how do you know which one is targeting which player? I think maybe if there was a sort of "detailed" mode that shows lines from NPCs to the entity they're targeting, as well as potentially other ideas that sort of follow the...
  15. Stardust9681

Weapons & Equip what if we had a 4th loadout slot for every class

I guess just add a way for people to have as many "loadouts" as they'd like. You add a 4th, and people will want another for another armour set, so you add a 5th, and someone else will want yet another one. And then 5 is an odd number so someone would ask for a 6th to match the number of teams...
  16. Stardust9681

I can assure you that the effort for this is actually quite low; I spent less than an afternoon writing up a system that would do this in tML, only having yet to have merged it with Terraria's ItemDropRule interfaces due to some abstraction that would involve me rewriting each rule entirely. How...
  17. Stardust9681

Weapons & Equip Freshening up the Yoyo sub-class

Relogic released a teaser/spoiler about this Here. I would like to assert that yoyos in large already had quite reasonable reach. I think different interactions with them is a fine idea, but the last thing that we need is more projectiles fired out of them to increase that range even further. I...
  18. Stardust9681

Items Clarify That Dodge Effects Do Not Work On OHKO's

Oh certainly. I know that a lot of people have this stance on it, but whether or not the removal of dodge mechanics in this particular scenario is kept or not, something needs to change, either so that the player knows not to try it, or so that established mechanics work the same way they do...
  19. Stardust9681

Sprites Missing Achievement Ideas

Except for the last one, I really like these ideas. The sprites are also well done, bravo! =)
  20. Stardust9681

Luck certainly exists, though I feel it's not a significant-enough push in the right direction. Players that aren't already aware of the system would at best know about Lawn Gnomes, Luck Potions, and maybe the Lucky Horseshoe, and even ignoring that, the overall effects of luck are, for as much...
Back
Top Bottom