Search results for query: *

• Users: Xylia
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Xylia

Blocks & Decoration Metal Plate Bricks

Can we change Copper/Tin Plate Bricks to take Bars instead of Ore? I did it again... I wanted to make some Tin Plate Bricks, and I forgot that you need ORE instead of bars, and I smelted the bars and now I have no Tin Ore left and thus can't make the bricks, and AFAIK there's no way to turn...
  2. Xylia

Weapons & Equip The Stress Ball and what it teaches us

So, for those of you who haven't seen Chippy's latest video and don't keep up with Terraria news, they are adding an item called the Stress Ball. What it does, is when equipped, makes your character use whatever weapon or tool they have currently selected in their hotbar without any input from...
  3. Xylia

Resolved I thought summons were supposed to persist after death?

I know it's been awhile since I've played, but I coulda sworn that summons, and buffs like sharpening stone and ammo crate were supposed to persist after death? But yet for some weird reason, they aren't. Am I just remembering wrong?
  4. Xylia

A Moment to Express Appreciation

I wanted to take a moment to express appreciation for Re-Logic and their attention to detail. Terraria is among a dying breed of games which is dwindling down to an alarmingly small number of games, that allows Maximized Window Mode. What is Maximized Window Mode? Simple, you window the game...
  5. Xylia

NPCs & Enemies Peddler's Satchel suggestion

The Peddler's Satchel is a neat concept and all, but... ... it's kind of useless if you go 10, 15, 20 days in a row without a single TM spawn. Maybe we should make the Satchel increase his spawn rate by 30-50%? I'm trying to collect items needed for the Cellphone and the Hand of Creation, and...
  6. Xylia

Don't Dig Up First Impressions

Okay, so I tried the new Don't Dig Up Seed, which is accessed by typing In the world seed. You start on a small-ish island in the middle of a lava lake, with lots of Ash Wood Trees, weak versions of lava slimes, and the tax collector (not the guide!). As the title suggests, you need to go...
  7. Xylia

Tales of Berseria: Ridiculously Well-Written Characters

So, awhile back Steam had this huge sale on all the Tales Of games, and I wasn't sure which to even get, and I kinda did this "eenie miney moe" type thing and clicked on Berseria. I've heard conflicting stuff about Vesperia, I already had Symphonia (should play that sometime), and Arise is just...
  8. Xylia

RE:Making Endgame Swords Pure Melee

So, this post might have some hot takes in it, but I feel this stuff needs said (not sure if this is the right forum to say it but I can't think of anywhere ELSE to say it as they don't really have any forums for 'upcoming update discussion' or what-not, maybe moderators can move it if there is...
  9. Xylia

So I finally got to Hardmode Post-1.4...

Took me almost a year, but I finally got a new playthrough to Hardmode in 1.4. At first, I was kinda annoyed at how they nerfed ore fishing. I can understand some nerfs, like, you shouldn't be able to fish a ton of crates in easymode and then have t3 gear within 5 minutes of killing the WoF...
  10. Xylia

So.. What does one actually DO in Minecraft?

Terraria always keeps saying "Also try Minecraft!" and I've heard everybody talking about Minecraft, for years and I finally, within the past few months, decided to buy the game and give it a go. I've put in maybe 20 or so hours into the game, and I've also browsed the wiki some, and...
  11. Xylia

Game Design Talk: Sakura Dungeon

Okay, okay, I know what you're thinking... why am I posting about a lewd dungeon crawler game here? Well...... it's not about the lewdness, I assure you. At first, I thought that its combat system was going to be very basic. I've had this game recommended to me by a few friends, and I saw it on...
  12. Xylia

Other T:OW Soundtrack is a nice addition, but...

There's a few small problems with it. There are "missing themes" from T:OW's soundtrack and this can be problematic at times. For example, T:OW's soundtrack does not have a Town Theme (it will continue to play the normal biome/time of day theme regardless if you are in a town or not). So you...
  13. Xylia

Game Design Talk: Gauging Interest

So, over on Chucklefish Forums, I did a series of threads called "Game Design Talk". These are threads where I notice elements of game design, good and bad, that I talk about and provide my thoughts on such things, in the hopes of reaching would-be game designers who might see this kind of thing...
  14. Xylia

**REPORTED** You can attach Platforms to Beams, but not Planter Boxes

As the title says, you can build Platforms onto Wooden Beams, but not Planter Boxes which seems rather strange because in all other ways, Planter Boxes act like Platforms.
  15. Xylia

PC Random "Thok" noise when opening/closing doors.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it doesn't seem like it ought to be intended behavior. When opening and closing doors, a random "thok" noise (the same sound you hear when you hit many enemies, such as slimes or zombies) is played even though there are no enemies around, and all the NPCs...
  16. Xylia

Blocks & Decoration Weather Vanes should work like Grandfather Clocks.

So, if you place a Grandfather Clock and stand near it, you can get the time (though inaccurate) by standing near it and clicking upon it and IIRC, it also puts it in the information area in the right-hand side of the screen underneath the minimap. The Weather Vane should do the same thing for...
  17. Xylia

Would love to build a house in the desert, except.........

So the Dye Trader comes to my village and I'd love to build him a house that he'd like, in the desert except in my world, I only have two really tiny deserts despite me having a Medium world and one of them has an oasis and a bunch of palm trees. I'd rather not level every tree in that tiny...
  18. Xylia

**REPORTED** Terraria Doesn't Remember It Was Maximized Anymore

Am I crazy? I'm pretty sure that in 1.3.4, Terraria remembered you had it windowed but maximized upon start up, and now after 1.4+, it doesn't (you have to click the maximize button manually every time you start the game). This seems like a bug/oversight to me so I'm going to stick it in bug...
  19. Xylia

Towns, Spawns, and Happiness Confusion.

So, let me get this straight... To trigger "Town Music" and to stop enemy spawns, I need 3 NPCs in an area. But, to get happiness and pylons to work, I need no more than 2 NPCs near each other. This doesn't make a load of sense. Is there something I'm missing here? It seems really weird to...
  20. Xylia

PSA: Watch out for Steam Scams.

So just earlier, someone tried to scam me on Steam. I think the screenshots should speak for themselves: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5cbcl1hpaqejvh/steam_report_ed.png?dl=0 When this user sent me the link to the 2nd user's profile, I checked it. They looked like a normal user, and lacked any...
Back
Top Bottom