Search results for query: *

1. Techdude594

Game Mechanics Various Quality of Life Suggestions:

Instead of just relying on the mouse, there should be an option to use the arrow keys when navigating the settings. (both in game and on the main menu) I know that some of the interface is KB friendly, I'm mainly talking about sliders, like volume and color. It would be great to fine-tune those...
  2. Techdude594

PC Issues with thunderstorms and spawning bunnies in journey mode

The issue with thunderstorms is specific to getfixedboi/remix seeds, I can't get one to occur no matter what weather settings I use. It's either heavy rain or a sandstorm. I can't get seasonal bunnies to spawn at all in journey mode. Placing them down, natural spawns, doesn't matter they do not...
  3. Techdude594

PC 1.4.4.8 Crafting speed oversight?

I thought about posting this in the Journey's End balance feedback thread, I decided it would be more appropriate to post it here though. I'm not too sure where this issue belongs though. Anyways, in 1.4.4.6 the speed of splitting stacks within the inventory, and when buying items from npcs was...
  4. Techdude594

**REPORTED** Deerclops doesn't drop money

This was tested in master mode. Deerclops doesn't seem to drop any money upon death. Nothing when he is killed, and nothing when the treasure bag is opened. The wiki says you are supposed to get 10 gold from the bag, if this is the case, well it doesn't seem to be happening in game.
  5. Techdude594

PC Missing Terrain Features

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or if this was just left out of the changelogs, but ever since 1.4, I haven't found any honey pools outside of beehives. I also haven't found any grassy rooms in the corruption. These were both added in 1.3, and there was no mention of them being removed in...
  6. Techdude594

Other Expanded Functionality of Spelunker Potions: Making Statue and Paintings Easier to Find

Collecting Statues and Paintings in mass is pretty difficult in the current versions, as most of them aren't craftable or obtainable in other means besides world gen. I think that allowing spelunker potions to highlight them would make it a bit easier to amass a collection of these items. There...
  7. Techdude594

Resolved (1.4.1.1) Windy Balloons aren't dropping the correct amount of paper airplanes.

I've been farming windy balloons for all of the unique kites they drop. In the change log, it was stated that paper airplanes are now supposed to drop in small stacks. The bestiary says 2-5. However, every time I have obtained a paper airplane from a windy balloon, it was only a single airplane...
  8. Techdude594

PC In-game achievements keep resetting upon start-up.

Sometimes when I launch Terraria, the in-game achievements keep on resetting. This seems to be random, as it doesn't happen every time I reset the game, but it does happen often enough to be an annoyance. This started happening when 1.4 came out. I originally deleted my old achievements file to...
  9. Techdude594

How do you texture scrollbars in UI menus?

I am trying to texture the scrollbars that you find in menus such as the achievements or control rebinding menus. I have found two textures in the UI folder called 'Scrollbarinner' and Scrollbar'. I have tried texturing both of them, but only one seems to be textured when I load the textures in...
  10. Techdude594

Where do you find NPC head outlines?

I am currently in the process of creating a UI pack that is updated for 1.4, and I know that one of the new features of this update is outlines around NPC heads on the map. Does anyone know where you can find them?
  11. Techdude594

**REPORTED** (1.4.0.2) Game always starts in an 800x600 window.

Whenever I start up Terraria, whether that be the exe in the Terraria folder, or from steam itself, the game always starts in an 800x600 window. This did not happen before 1.4. The game used to always start in full screen beforehand. I play at 1440p fullscreen, at around 150% zoom. I have my...
  12. Techdude594

Working as Designed (1.4.0.2) Stuttering when loading into new biomes, and opening bestiary for first time, additional stutters happen for a while after starting a world.

When I enter a new biome for the first time upon loading into a world, particularly surface ice, or mushroom, I notice a momentary hitch in performance. This also happens when opening the bestiary for the first time. I have also noticed random stutters when opening a world that do disappear...
  13. Techdude594

Working as Designed (1.4.0.2) Game stutters when opening chests in old world.

When I updated to 1.4(.0.2), I noticed that whenever I joined my old worlds and opened chests for the first time, there would be a small stutter every time. This happens every time I open up an old world. This does not appear to happen in new worlds created after 1.4. Specs: i7 8700k 16gb ram...
  14. Techdude594

Other Three minor QoL suggestions for 1.4: (with some inspiration from Minecraft!)

Hey Terrarians, I have three very small QoL suggestions, with some inspiration from Minecraft. 1.) A pick block function, similar to what Minecraft has. I feel that it would be nice to have a function like this in Terraria for when you are building a structure with a large block palette, or...
  15. Techdude594

PC I am experiencing various strange performance issues:

WARNING: HUGE WALL OF TEXT BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION. Title is self explanatory, I am experiencing a multitude of strange performance bugs. This has been happening ever since I upgraded my monitor from a 1080p monitor to a 1440p monitor. I've also had some of these other issues for...
  16. Techdude594

Other Please make Terraria for Windows 64-bit in the next update!

Hey Terrarians! The title is self-explanatory, Terraria for Windows deserves to be 64-bit. Why, you may ask? Well, if you don't already know, all 32-bit programs share a RAM pool of 4GB. This is quite small. To apply this to Terraria, whenever you load a heavily populated world, or a few large...
  17. Techdude594

Other Terraria needs a big optimization update (preferably in 1.3.6):

Hey Terrarians, today I'd like to make some suggestions for how to optimize Terraria for the future. The game simply isn't running well right for many right now, sadly, and that includes myself. Without further ado, here are some suggestions that I have to make the game more optimized for the...
  18. Techdude594

PC Terraria performing poorly at 1440p (VANILLA)

I am running a completely vanilla version of Terraria, no mods, nothing, and I am noticing that my performance is pretty poor. It consistently stays at around 55-58FPS in my main base, which is quite populated. Out in the world, its not as bad, but its still not good. I installed MSI...
  19. Techdude594

PC Semi-frequent stuttering, and general performance issues are making Terraria unplayable:

I've posted about performance many times in the past, but nobody has answered me here yet, (if you have any input, please respond!) so I'll voice my complaints here again. Whenever I play Terraria at 1440p, I experience some pretty serious performance issues. First of all, I experience...
  20. Techdude594

PC How to improve performance/fix stuttering on AMD machines?

When going through the FAQ for the technical section, it says that if you are experiencing performance issues, even with optimal hardware, it says to alter some settings in the NVIDIA control panel. However, the FAQ mentions nothing about AMD machines. What would I do to resolve all stuttering...
Back
Top Bottom