Search results for query: *

1. 652Graystripe

PC Tier List: Pre-Hardmode Weapons

Since the Bee's Knees have already been marked, I figured it's fair to move them up. I've had great success using it against most enemies even without the hive pack, and it only struggles against fast-moving bosses (i.e. the Wall and Skeletron), where it isn't too bad.
  2. 652Graystripe

After having given up on Master Mode, Expert feels so much easier. Is this... training?

After having given up on Master Mode, Expert feels so much easier. Is this... training?
  3. 652Graystripe

Answering the Questions, Gray style

Dang, I had completely forgotten. It was a loooong time ago, I guess. Favorite boss would probably be the Expert Mode Eye of Cthulhu. It's such a fun, high-speed fight, and it consistently gives me a challenge without feeling too hard. Gonna have to guess Nebraska, although it does have the...
  4. 652Graystripe

I typically play Expert/Master, so I'll bring the Worm Scarf/Brain of Confusion, or both since 1.4, and the Shield of Cthulhu. I like having wings, boots, and usually a select emblem as well. Class specific items like the Mechanical Glove, Papyrus Scarab, or Sniper Scope can be swapped in and...
  5. 652Graystripe

Hello, all! I haven't really done anything this personal on these forums, but I thought that if anyone wants to get to know me a little better, it would be a good opportunity. Couple basic rules: Don't be weird. I mean, I understand odd questions, and I'll answer most things, but if you try to...
  6. 652Graystripe

Items Black Spot Mount NEEDS To Be Nerfed

I've found that the Black Spot makes the mechs a lot easier, especially Prime. Because he and the Twins tend to stay a fixed distance away from you, the Black Spot allows you to move at such a high, and constant, speed that you can surf away from most of their ranged attacks. Cursed flame balls...
  7. 652Graystripe

Sprites Accessory Rejuvenation and Expansion

A lot of these look really superb, and I especially appreciate that they make previously niche/useless accessories viable. Oddly the thing that pleases me most is the use of carnelian, chalcedony, and charoite in the balloons (which, as mentioned before, seem to be somewhat polarized, but...
  8. 652Graystripe

Weapons & Equip Ankh Shield: Easy to get, better to upgrade

Fixed, thanks. Inheritance seems like a good idea, just hoping that it's feasible.
  9. 652Graystripe

I did wonder quite a bit about implementation. Adding individual items is of course not gonna work, and for any other idea I don't know if Terraria's engine supports it. My immediate thought would be assigning values to the Ankh Shield on a world/player basis, similarly to how any chests in the...
  10. 652Graystripe

It's kinda like how when you automatically trust someone you know in real life to not mess with...

It's kinda like how when you automatically trust someone you know in real life to not mess with you in games.
  11. 652Graystripe

Hey, thanks! I'm glad I'm more-or-less on point.

Hey, thanks! I'm glad I'm more-or-less on point.
  12. 652Graystripe

In all three of my Master Mode playthroughs so far, I've enjoyed it right up until I beat...

In all three of my Master Mode playthroughs so far, I've enjoyed it right up until I beat Plantera/Golem. Then it just feels punishingly hard and not all that engaging.
  13. 652Graystripe

Definitely all valid notes, I'll keep 'em in mind. With the Amber Staff, I've found a lot more Crate Potions from the Angler himself, and amber is a lot more common than it used to be. Haven't really had problems in that area. Imp Staff has definitely gotten a lot better. I'll absolutely move...
  14. 652Graystripe

First and foremost, I'd like to thank the (untaggable due to name symbols) author of this suggestion on the Pocket Mirror, because that suggestion (as well as the age-old complaints about the Ankh Shield's lack of protection) directly inspired me to do this. The Ankh Shield, as well as the...
  15. 652Graystripe

Weapons & Equip Making the Shark Tooth Necklace NOT borderline useless.

The Shark Tooth Necklace doesn't look like much, I know, but it's surprisingly powerful. It's also one of the very few items that provides a flat damage bonus, which can be extremely useful for not just the Minishark and co., but also the Blade Staff. Love that thing. It's also special in that...
  16. 652Graystripe

NPCs & Enemies What it Demolitionist and Arms Dealer have Quest

I like the idea of the Pocket Detonator, because I love exploding things. Do bombs/dynamite still destroy tiles if they're tossed that way? I'd hope not, because that makes them a lot less useful as weapons. I also like that you can detonate it early, making it less hard to aim. Does it toss...
  17. 652Graystripe

NPCs & Enemies Golem Expert/Master mode rework

I quite like the idea of totems, since they give the player something additional to deal with, a little like how Tesla Turrets distract from the main force and the saucer. You could have them be damaging, or you could have them act like Wither Beasts, decreasing the player's stats so the main...
  18. 652Graystripe

NPCs & Enemies Summon alternate evil's biome mimic in echo mist

Definitely a worthwhile addition. I'm assuming the mimic stays spawned and doesn't disappear if you leave the graveyard, because that would be a pain.
  19. 652Graystripe

Things I had never considered. I can add the Sickle at A-, since it's so easy to get and so useful for general defense.
  20. 652Graystripe

Not gonna lie, I've never used the Sickle, like... ever. How does it stack up against immediately available things like the Spear, though?
Back
Top Bottom