Search results for query: *

1. 652Graystripe

Weapons & Equip Ankh Shield: Easy to get, better to upgrade

First and foremost, I'd like to thank the (untaggable due to name symbols) author of this suggestion on the Pocket Mirror, because that suggestion (as well as the age-old complaints about the Ankh Shield's lack of protection) directly inspired me to do this. The Ankh Shield, as well as the...
  2. 652Graystripe

NPCs & Enemies Blood Moon fishing rework

Since 1.4 was released, I've been doing a lot of Blood Moon fishing. The fights are fun for the most part, but they can be a little gimmicky, and the RNG involved with the drops is quite annoying. As a way of reworking it, I've decided to make the enemies special quests from the Angler. During...
  3. 652Graystripe

Detailed Tier List: Accessories, Mounts, and Armor

This is a tier list - cautiously based on my own experience and "research" - about the equipable items of Terraria: accessories, mounts, and armor. Unlike past tier list threads, this is not based solely on community input, but if you comment I'll definitely take it into consideration. I am...
  4. 652Graystripe

Weapons & Equip Using early-game throwables in Hardmode

Just about everyone and their dog has made a thread about the thrower class, so I'm not willing to add to the din unless I have something really unique. This is not that time. These are effectively an easy way to make the early-game throwables (grenades, knives, shuriken, etc.) useful tools...
  5. 652Graystripe

NPCs & Enemies Fixing the Martians

As it stands now, the Martian Madness is pretty dreadfully balanced. I wouldn't mind so much if it was just easy to cheese*, but it's also made so that cheesing is the only way to reliably fight that damned saucer. And don't forget the torture of RNG! *For those who don't know, "cheese" is a...
  6. 652Graystripe

Biomes & Nature Quest Fish for the Oasis

In one of the recent spoilers for 1.3.6, the devs announced a new minibiome in the desert, called the Oasis. Hopping on board that train, I'll contribute a couple of quest fish specifically tailored for the area (and pray that it's got enough water to support them!) there's a thin line between...
  7. 652Graystripe

Items Simplifying ammo types

Although one of the major assets of ranged weapons is the variety of useful ammo types you can use, there are a few that take it too far. Niche ammo types made for specific weapons end up cluttering the game, forcing more micromanagement. While that might be a way to make the parent weapons less...
  8. 652Graystripe

NPCs & Enemies Reworking the Angler quest system

Right now, the Angler's quests are some of the most mindlessly grindy things in the game, to the point where a lot of people will just refuse to ever deal with them. Really, I don't blame them, because I get fed up with their RNG pretty often. This is a pretty heavy-handed solution, I recognize...
  9. 652Graystripe

Weapons & Equip Golden Fishing Line - a permanent bait solution

Doing Angler quests for a living is hard work, and eventually I'd say you've earned your peace: no more bait management needed. On your 25th quest completed, he'll give you this: Golden Fishing Line Accessory Prevents all bait consumption This is essentially a way to cut down on meaningless...
  10. 652Graystripe

Sprites Metal Slimes and the Issue of Renewability

1.2.4 was a landmark update in that it, for the first time, made ores and bars renewable through fishing. A small step, yeah, but also a great leap forward in terms of Terraria's unique world-and-character methods. Unfortunately it's still a pain to get ores, especially the rarer Hardmode ones...
  11. 652Graystripe

Items Reworking Lihzahrd Power Cells

It's tiresome to grind for a boss item over and over in the temple. Lihzahrd Power Cell -Now crafted with 1 and 1 -No longer dropped by Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes Makes it much easier to acquire the summoning item, like with the mechs. A suggestion of few words.
  12. 652Graystripe

Blocks & Decoration Equality for Hardened Sand!

Minor fix here - hardened sand and its variants are unusable in most of the recipes that require sand, despite having no real reason to be that way. The only one that they share is for glass, and the biome counterparts don't even have that. Can now be used to craft Glass Can now be used to...
  13. 652Graystripe

Weapons & Equip Yoyo Rehashing

Ever since the release of 1.3, I've heard the general sentiment that yo-yos are unbalanced in one way or the other. More problematically, in my opinion, they lack a solid niche in their role as melee weapons. This is a rather radical proposal to change the balance of yo-yos in such a way that...
  14. 652Graystripe

Sprites Bringing the Hallow to the Forefront of Early Hardmode

As it stands, the Hallow and Corruption seem to be intended opposites to each other. That's certainly justified, given their motifs and imagery. However, one will find that the Hallow plays a much, much smaller role in Terraria's progression than its evil counterpart, be it Corruption or...
  15. 652Graystripe

Sprites Making Living Trees Growable

This was originally going to be part of a much larger suggestion that's coming in, but I decided to post it separately. It's easy enough to tell from the title. Living Tree Seed -Found in Living Chests -Can be bought from the Dryad for 2 Effectively, when planted, this will begin to grow a...
  16. 652Graystripe

Sprites The Desert's own species of grub

Just trying to add a little biodiversity to the desert. I seem to be drawn to the place, judging by how many suggestions I've made about it, so what's one more gonna hurt? Antlion Grub (critter) Spawns from broken boulders and antlion mounds in the Desert -5 HP -25% bait power -Can be caught...
  17. 652Graystripe

Sprites Building on the Daybreak: More DoT Weapons

For those who aren't familiar, the Daybreak is an end-game infinite-use throwable that works on a simple principle: the more times you stick them with it, the more damage-over-time it'll inflict. The spears will be embedded in enemies and deal damage even as the weapon is being used on something...
  18. 652Graystripe

Sprites End-Game Flamethrower and TF2 Reference: The Phlogistinator

"BURN! BURN! Rage of the heavens BURN! BURN! Death from above DIE! DIE! Merciless killing BURN! BURN! Death from above" ~Sabaton, Firestorm Because I was messing around with the Flamethrower and Elf Melter last time I ran through the game, I decided I wanted another flamethrower. There is quite...
  19. 652Graystripe

Sprites Tidal Totem and Fairy Bell: Portable Water/Peace Candles

A simple idea, for those who want a more efficient Water or Peace Candle setup. Tidal Totem -Light pet -Applies Water Candle debuff while active -Crafted with x20, x12, x25, x1 Fairy Bell -Fairy now provides Peace Candle buff while active -Bell removed from crafting recipe and the game*...
  20. 652Graystripe

Items Fixing Skyware loot's unrenewable status

The Shiny Red Balloon and Lucky Horseshoe are examples of items that are needed to craft multiple items, while also being available only once per world. That presents a problem for those that refuse to loot other worlds, constraining their character to one land only. Easy fix. Shiny Red...
Back
Top Bottom