Search results for query: *

• Users: Yvori
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Yvori

Other Better File Structure for Resource Pack Makers and Modders

The current file structure of the game is an incomprehensible spaghetti mess that's nearly impossible to navigate, I assume because of all the developers who have come and gone, game structure changes, etc. over the years, but it should really get consolidated into something more sensible before...
  2. Yvori

PC What happened to the Effects menu?

So, there's supposed to be a menu in the video settings where you can disable/alter the quality of storm effects, heat distortion, and water waves/ripples, but... I just opened Terraria after not playing for a few months, and it seems the entire Effects submenu where all of this was no longer...
  3. Yvori

Anyone else getting disheartened by the Happiness system?

I was initially really happy about the NPC happiness system- discounts, actual incentive to build all around the world instead of just in the center, more NPC depth... But its implementation feels kind of... bleh, and even after a few playthroughs that haven't even gotten to Hardmode yet (I...
  4. Yvori

**REPORTED** Backup files clogging Recycle Bin

So ever since 1.4.0.5 updated, after about an hour of playtime, there are 5-6 world backups inside my Recycle Bin. I think whatever's being done to delete the excess backups isn't deleting them properly. They should probably be fully removed, or just overwritten by new backups. Not really a...
  5. Yvori

Game Mechanics Giving Town Pets More Functionality: Happy Buff, NPC Happiness

I was just thinking... Sunflowers give the useful Happy buff, but only in an area, and it can be difficult to spread them around the world optimally, especially early-game and in large worlds full of areas they can't be planted. So what if there was an alternate way to get the buff before...
  6. Yvori

Working as Designed [May not be bug?] EoC still in background at night after defeat

This may just be a case of "Cthulhu has many eyes" but the Eye of Cthulhu still floats around distant in the background after it has been defeated several times. Given the background seems to reflect what's going on, it seems odd that it remains after you've supposedly killed it (respawning as a...
  7. Yvori

Weapons & Equip The Familiar Set should be replaced with Hide/Show icons like Accessories have

This has been bothering me a bit, and since accessories got new treatment for vanity slots, I feel like it'd be a good time to do this... Just... Remove the Familiar set, and give the armour slots a "shown/hidden" button like the accessory slots. It makes no sense why we can hide a massive...
  8. Yvori

Working as Designed Windy Day didn't start until a few minutes of constant 40mph winds?

Not sure if this is intended, but despite high winds for several minutes, a Windy Day didn't actually start until a while had passed during the day. Given that Storms can start/stop within 5 seconds, it seems odd that Windy Days don't start immediately once the wind level reaches 35-40mph.
  9. Yvori

PC Various bugs, possible issues that may just be bad luck, and a couple oddities

Almost definitely bugs: -Cursor Border transparency slider doesn't function: Opacity is always maximum. -Sometimes a Storm will begin, and then return to normal rain, within 5 or so seconds. -During the Slime Rain, Slime King doesn't appear to despawn, even if several screens away, and the...
  10. Yvori

Character Creation UI Redux Mod?

Hi, so I'm continually amazed that I don't find anything like this (except one mod which is outdated, buggy, and seemingly dead, adds other unneccesary features, and has UI scaling issues) but how hard would it be to make a mod that makes the Character Creation UI better? There are a few ways I...
  11. Yvori

Is there a mod that boosts the seemingly hardcoded mana cap?

I've noticed an interesting issue while playing the modpack I have set up currently. It appears that by default, Terraria can't actually increase your mana over the 600 mark, even if you have boosts that should put it over. My current character setup gives the following boosts: +200 - Base Mana...
  12. Yvori

Help identifying source of message?

Hi, me again. Sorry about the semi-frequent requests for help regarding arcane issues with a large modpack, but well, here we are again. I'm wondering, does anyone know the source of this particular popup message that occurs every time day or night triggers? I need to know because I want to...
  13. Yvori

Pet Peeves: Non-Indicative Mod Titles

Does this drive anyone else insane? When browsing the Mod Browser, I often find mods that, from the name, sound like they're one thing, then when you click them, turn out to be something entirely different. Most often, it's a mod name that sounds like it adds a feature, or makes a certain...
  14. Yvori

Error on Message Terraria.MessageBuffer

This is getting annoying. I have absolutely no idea what the cause is, but it consistently spams after someone exits our dedicated server. Like, 40+ lines of "Error on Message Terraria.MessageBuffer", and then it will just stop, succeeded by an intense lagspike where enemies don't drop...
  15. Yvori

Does this pack exist?

Strange question, I know- But upon looking through some works of a specific modder (Graydee), I saw this image in the More Dialogue Mod thread. Among other textures in the various images, the Goblin Tinkerer is clearly different, and I absolutely adore the style and appearance that went for...
  16. Yvori

The Old Moon Lord?

So, I know it's been ages since 1.3 released on PC, but something was recently brought back to my attention after a long time, and it rekindled my interest. I've heard from a number of sources around the net that the Moon Lord originally had more phases and attacks during pre-release of 1.3, but...
  17. Yvori

Weapons & Equip Wings: A Major Rebalance

Okay, okay, before you say anything, yes, there have been threads about this before. I don't intend to necro any of those, and will instead be offering my own version of the idea, with detailed descriptions of the stat changes to each set of wings. So, wings, we all love 'em... Well, except...
  18. Yvori

Items Frivolous Thoughts: Rainbow Fading Dye

So for anyone who doesn't know, these are Rainbow Bricks. They cycle like this constantly, and that is GLORIOUS. The best part is, you can look like that too!... Well, sort of. See, there's Rainbow Dye... It's... Well, static. Boring. Just makes your stuff colorful. Rainbow Hair Dye - now we're...
  19. Yvori

Aesthetical Annoyances

Hello Terrarians! I recently got back into playing the game, and I've noticed a few visual inconsistencies and weirdness that drives me absolutely mad... Or just things that I would like to change in a sprite pack or something if I had more artistic skill than a Pet Rock... Which I don't. This...
  20. Yvori

Weapons & Equip The Throwverhaul - Throwing made into a viable long-term playstyle

What exactly is a "class?" In Terraria, I go by damage type. So we have Melee, Ranged, Magic, Summon... and Throwing? Wait, Throwing is a class now? Well... Not exactly. It's a class for the first 10 minutes of the game... and then it isn't. It seems like the devs thought adding "throwing...
Back
Top Bottom