Search results for query: *

1. DicemanX

The Ultimate Arena (AFK/non-AFK versus Moon Events, Invasions, All-Boss)

The slot machine uses old school door-based randomizers, which apparently do not work anymore. Previously there was a 50/50 chance of them opening one way or the other - this was a key part of the entire hoik-based system, but from the looks of things they only open one way now. No matter...
  2. DicemanX

It looks like a lot of the farms will need to be updated. I got back to Terraria only recently after about a 5 year hiatus to do a blind playthrough of 1.4, and I tested a lot of the farms only to find out they will need some minor overhauls. I might start up some new threads and make some fresh...
  3. DicemanX

If invincibility doesn't work, then there's always evasion tactics (teleporters, hoik systems)...

If invincibility doesn't work, then there's always evasion tactics (teleporters, hoik systems) to fall back on, similar to the Moon Lord farms that were created a while ago. Since I started playing the game again with the launch of 1.4, perhaps the interest and desire to create updated farms...
  4. DicemanX

PC [Project] Mechmod - A T-MEC community mod

I'm curious myself whether folks are still working on the mod! Haven't visited in a very long while!
  5. DicemanX

Ultimate Mob Autofarm (all Mimic drops, 5 Biome Keys, Souls of Light/Night, RoD, many other drops)

Not too long, mainly because the farms usually build on tech from previous farms. I can't believe it has been so long since I made all the Terraria farms/contraptions! Just popped in today to have a look at the state of the game!
  6. DicemanX

Showcase [Showcase] Truffle Worm Autofarm: 390 Worms/hr + 50 Plat/hr (Bonus: Best Way to Farm Dev Armor)

It might or might not work this way any longer, but when I designed the farm if the player character got far enough from the dummy ghost it would despawn the ghost. The "Off" switch was therefore teleporting to base, or exiting as r4v1n6 mentions.
  7. DicemanX

Expert Mode Recursive Fully-Automated Lunar Event Autofarm

I'm not sure if any of the updates made the playthrough more difficult, but even when I constructed the entire world there was a non-0 chance of failure at several junctures. First, as you discovered, it is possible to die at the moment the Moon Lord spawns in - the Moon Lord will spawn outside...
  8. DicemanX

Expert Mode Recursive Fully-Automated Lunar Event Autofarm

Yes they connect to the next arena. However, its been a while since I posted this farm and I haven't checked whether it still works properly after all the updates after 1.3.1. You might want to download the world and do some test runs there to make sure everything is working OK before building...
  9. DicemanX

PC [Project] Mechmod - A T-MEC community mod

So is mechmod still alive and well? I've been out of the loop for half a year, and now with 1.3.4 just being released, perhaps I'll get back to Terraria engineering :).
  10. DicemanX

PC Binary to BCD Guide

What you are describing is a single 1-to-n decoder that converts the entire binary number to BCD (which would be easy to construct but would be way too large), whereas I only presented a decoder that performs a -3 function (and can be modified to perform +3 functions as well). The plan is to use...
  11. DicemanX

PC Binary to BCD Guide

Very interesting approach! Given that Terraria's pulse-based system allows for a ton of flexibility, I'm sure we'll get a wide variety of constructions in due time. I actually decided on a much different approach that you might be interested in. I already built all the converters prior to 1.3.1...
  12. DicemanX

Nicely done! It's really hard to get such a good time on mobile, so 12am final wave time is quite an impressive feat!
  13. DicemanX

Perfect Faulty Gate - A selection of logic gates to cause multiple and/or random outcomes

Pretty clever approach, taking advantage of our ability to manipulate probabilities in the starting randomizer by stacking lamps. This should work nicely for any randomizer in which all of the starting outcomes are allowed in subsequent trials, such as rolling a die. Also, kudos to the design...
  14. DicemanX

Question [Question] How to selectively activate teleporters using logic gates and gem locks.

Your teleporters are connected to each other and the switch, but not to the AND gate. Send the yellow wire from the AND gate box through both teleporters, and connect the switch with blue wire to the lamp at the very top. Remove the blue wires connecting the teleporters and the switch.
  15. DicemanX

Perfect Faulty Gate - A selection of logic gates to cause multiple and/or random outcomes

But it should be fun for the newer engineers to figure such things out! ;). Here's how I might build the delay: This is a randomizer that has three outputs that all have 1/3rd of a chance of activating. The 4th is sent into a 1-tick delay mechanism before sending the signal through the...
  16. DicemanX

Well, trivial in the sense that we can easily create 1-tick delays using hoiktronics. There are a lot of posts on this already, especially by inomanoms :).
  17. DicemanX

Question [Question] How to selectively activate teleporters using logic gates and gem locks.

I added to my post before seeing your reply. You can add a single-lamp AND gate for the auto-shut off.
  18. DicemanX

Add one more OFF lamp in the AND gate and connect it to your switch. That way you'll only be teleported if you hit the switch, and only if all the gem slots are full. If you want that lamp to automatically reset after you hit the switch, you pass that wire through an AND gate with a single lamp...
  19. DicemanX

I'm planning on updating my blackjack machine by replacing the hoik-based randomizers with the faulty-lamp based randomizers. I will be using these: Each lever pull sends a signal through one of two paths. Here's what it looks like with 4 output lines: With such branching it's possible...
  20. DicemanX

1.3.1 Another Approach to Ripple Carry Addition using only AND gates

Right on! I was too fixated on keeping the AND gates in a column thus missing this nice way of compacing the build even more :). Here's what the set-up will look like when the switches are replaced with gates: The switches are still present because the adder isn't hooked up to anything yet...
Back
Top Bottom