Search results for query: *

• Users: DicemanX
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. DicemanX

1.3.1 Another Approach to Ripple Carry Addition using only AND gates

Since we have some examples of ripple carry adders already (first from Yoraiz0r, and then a couple of others based on real world schematics), I decided to do this quick post showcasing another approach, avoiding the use of the 1.3.1 XOR gates completely and only simulating their function by...
  2. DicemanX

1.3.1 Calculator-Style Decimal Display With a Single Keypad

Prior to 1.3.1 calculator-style displays were a huge pain to create, and they involved a massive number of dummy statues. In 1.3.1, the gates make it almost trivial to create, although the tough part is ensuring that the entire mechanism is compatible with other components (such as various...
  3. DicemanX

1.3.1 How to Build "Giant" Logic Gates using a Systematic Approach

Prior to 1.3.1 I came up with a hoik-based systematic approach to building "giant" logic gates. Giant gates accept N inputs (N is any integer value), and generate up to 2^N outputs, whereas the basic logic gates are limited to just one output line. Here's an older video explaining giant logic...
  4. DicemanX

1.3.1 Passcode-Protected Door v3.0 (featuring counter, reset, and auto-shut-off mechanisms)

This is a guide to my 1.3.1 version of the passcode-protected door. I created two versions of the passcode-protected door prior to 1.3.1 which you can read about here: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/hoiktronics-passcode-protected-doors.8350/...
  5. DicemanX

1.3.1 Single Switch Reset Mechanism

Prior to 1.3.1 we used hoik-based resets, but they were were often slow since the signaling agent had to visit every node to determine if a reset was necessary at that node. In 1.3.1 we can use logic gates - any will do, but I used the AND gate in the demonstration below. The inputs are...
  6. DicemanX

Building an Artificial Intelligence Machine inside Terraria

We're still waiting for better toolsets in 1.3.1 on PC, but nevertheless I managed to build a preliminary Artificial Intelligence Machine within the game with a more limited toolset. Here's a video showcasing the machine. The video also explains the mechanisms involved: The learning game...
  7. DicemanX

Showcase [Showcase] Prototype Artificial Intelligence inside Terraria (pre-1.3.1)

So I created an Artificial Intelligence Machine in Terraria. This AI is capable of learning from both negative and positive feedback; the feedback is either manual or automated. The entire machine consists of an input interface, a distributor (which directs the signaling agent to a particular...
  8. DicemanX

Showcase [Showcase] Truffle Worm Autofarm: 390 Worms/hr + 50 Plat/hr (Bonus: Best Way to Farm Dev Armor)

I updated my previous Truffle Worm farm to generate the highest worm capture rate to date (390 Worms/hr). I also created a variant that can generate around 50 platinum per hour, which to my knowledge is the highest platinum rate for a continuous AFK farm. Farming Pumpkin Moon results in better...
  9. DicemanX

Showcase [Showcase] 1.3 Expert Mode Dungeon Autofarm (for farming all possible dungeon drops)

The Dungeon Autofarm is the final mob autofarm for me to showcase before the 1.3.1 release. I designed this autofarm to allow for rapid farming of all possible items from a post-Plantera dungeon. It contains three farming surfaces each with one of three background wall types. The wall types...
  10. DicemanX

Showcase [Showcase] The Mighty Cannonball Arena: Crushing Expert Mode Bosses and Events with no starting gear

Many players think that the Daedalus Stormbow is broken in hardmode, but the Stormbow cannot hold a candle to the true terror of hardmode: the almighty cannon! The cannon allows one to cruise through most of hardmode effortlessly. I updated the Cannonball Arena for 1.3 Expert Mode. The previous...
  11. DicemanX

Mission Impossible: 1.3 Expert Mode Automated Playthrough

Ever since I started doing Terraria engineering, I always wondered whether it was possible to completely automate the game. I have beaten the game normally many times, but I always sought the challenge of automating as much of the game as I could. Once 1.3 was released on PC, that seemed like a...
  12. DicemanX

Mission Impossible: Expert Mode Automated Playthrough (AFK from Pre-Hardmode to Moon Lord)

It's time to close out the year with a bang with my biggest and most ambitious project to date: a fully automated playthrough from pre-hardmode all the way to the Moon Lord! In other words, I beat the game with a starting character, with only 100 life and a measly Copper Shortsword in hand...
  13. DicemanX

Recursive Wall of Flesh AFK Autofarm combined with an Underworld Mob Grinder

In this guide I present a fusion of underworld mob farming with recursive Wall of Flesh farming. Building the farm requires the player to collect a number of Lihzahrd temple traps, although fewer traps can be used in the farm at the expense of a longer WoF track. First, I'll showcase the farm in...
  14. DicemanX

Showcase [Showcase] Recursive Wall of Flesh AFK Autofarm + Underworld Mob Grinder

In this guide I present a fusion of underworld mob farming with recursive Wall of Flesh farming. Building the farm requires the player to collect a number of Lihzahrd temple traps, although fewer traps can be used in the farm at the expense of a longer WoF track. First, I'll showcase the farm in...
  15. DicemanX

PC The Ultimate 1.3 Expert Mode Battle: Killing 14 Bosses (the maximum) Simultaneously AFK

I did a similar challenge in 1.2.4, but in 1.3 the challenge is significantly harder because the Moon Lord does damage that has its own cooldown so damage prevention tricks (such as using a slime mob, bouncing a slime saddle on top of dummies etc.) won't work. Instead, I have to resort to an...
  16. DicemanX

Showcase [Showcase] The Ultimate Battle: 14 Bosses (the maximum) Fought Simultaneously AFK in 1.3 Expert Mode

I did a similar challenge in 1.2.4, but in 1.3 the challenge is significantly harder because the Moon Lord does damage that has its own cooldown so damage prevention tricks (such as using a slime mob, bouncing a slime saddle on top of dummies etc.) won't work. Instead, I have to resort to an...
  17. DicemanX

Ultimate Truffle Worm Farm + Early Fishron Farming/Sequence Breaking

I constructed a much improved Truffle Worm autofarm after the changes to Truffle Worms in 1.3. Truffle Worms can now be killed by hostile mobs, and hostile mobs are much more difficult to kill via traps in expert mode, so the previous version of the farm is no longer very effective. The previous...
  18. DicemanX

Showcase [Showcase] Truffle Worm Autofarm v2.0 (vastly improved in 1.3 Expert Mode)

I constructed a much improved Truffle Worm autofarm after the changes to Truffle Worms in 1.3. Truffle Worms can now be killed by hostile mobs, and hostile mobs are much more difficult to kill via traps in expert mode, so the previous version of the farm is no longer very effective. The previous...
  19. DicemanX

How to build Timer Cascades and Automatic Selectors

This is a video tutorial on constructing timer cascades and automatic selectors, both of which have been used in a number of my recent autofarms. Two types of timer cascades are discussed: single pass auto-terminating cascades, and cyclic cascades with a hoik mechanism that can detect which...
  20. DicemanX

[Video Tutorial] How to build Timer Cascades and Automatic Selectors

This is meant to be a basic tutorial on constructing timer cascades and automatic selectors, both of which have been used in a number of my recent autofarms. Two types of timer cascades are discussed: single pass auto-terminating cascades, and cyclic cascades with a hoik mechanism that can...
Back
Top Bottom