Search results for query: *

• Users: mathbrush
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. M

Testing A FEW weapons against the Eater of Worlds

These were just some baseline tests against the Eater of Worlds using different weapons. The results were actually very different than I expected; I thought guns would do much better, for instance. Arena was underground rectangle with three rows of platforms. Buffs used: Bast statue...
  2. M

What are your best tips for the Get Fixed boi/Zenith Seed?

What are your best tips for surviving in the Get Fixed boi/Zenith seed? I wrote a guide on the wiki for this a few months ago, and since then several people have edited it. I originally posted just a bare link to the wiki, which I didn't realize went against forum principles. So, taking a mod's...
  3. M

A MULTITUDE of early hardmode weapons tested vs Skeletron Prime (1.4.4.7)

This is a thread about testing different weapons vs Skeletron Prime. I'm posting it now to get it up here, and plan on improving it (converting more times to seconds, adding color, etc.). :brain: means that this weapon requires having defeated a mechanical boss previously. Setup: Armor used...
  4. M

What is one item that NPCs sell that you have never, ever bought?

NPCs sell a lot of weird things, and some of its is fun and useful and some is not. What's something that you have never, ever bought, barely ever looked at, almost forgot it existed? I have never bought Sail from the pirate.
  5. M

Working as Designed War table banners cannot be placed on platforms

This may or may not be intentional, but war table banners cannot be placed on platforms the way that enemy banners can be placed in the new update.
  6. M

Game Mechanics Let the 'restock' option on chests restock gold

When I have a full inventory, I usually click 'restock' on chests so I just pick up the potions and throwing weapons. But for some reason, it doesn't pick up money, and I don't know why! This would be a nice feature.
  7. M

tModLoader Ranking the Draedon's Arsenal weapons in Calamity mod

I never played Calamity before this year, and when I decided to try it out the Draedon's Arsenal weapons and Exo Mechs looked really cool, so I wanted to focus on the arsenal weapons during my playthroughs. These weapons are arranged in five tiers, with each tier having one weapon for each...
  8. M

Game Mechanics Change swords to always face the cursor, instead of having useturn true/false

Useturn true and useturn false both have some problems. If useturn is on, it's hard to fight bosses at all (I died a lot testing things like the umbrella on King Slime, and even good swords without useturn are useless against wall of flesh). If useturn is off, it can be confusing turning around...
  9. M

Impressions about Calamity vs Journey's End

After having played Terraria for a few years and finally beating MMFTW, I wanted to try out Calamity since a lot of the videos online look cool (like the Exo Mechs). I saw another review thread for the mod and thought I might make my own now that I've fought every boss in Calamity (though I...
  10. M

What's your favorite balance change/content addition since you started playing?

I was thinking about how Terraria won the 'Labor of Love' award and how Leinfors is always looking for community input and making changes. We always ask for changes but sometimes it's hard to remember to be grateful for old ones. What are some of your favorite changes or new content since you...
  11. M

Testing EVERY pre-boss weapon against Expert Eye of Cthulhu

Do we really need another testing thread for easy bosses that people didn't have trouble with in the first place? No. Does anyone care about comparing the Boreal Wood Hammer to the Paper Airplane as weapons against bosses? No. But I did it anyway. Enjoy! The defense from buffs was high...
  12. M

A VARIETY of pre-Skeletron weapons tested out against Queen Bee

This is another entry in 'weapons tested out against bosses'. My play style isn't that great, so I'd love to have people do their own analysis on this boss. Others have done it before, but with some very different results. I'm not marking danger for weapons in this guide because Queen Bee is...
  13. M

A BUNCH of pre-mech weapons tested against Queen Slime

As another entry in the collaborative series of 'weapons vs bosses and events' (that of course anyone can add to or re-do, since there's so many playstyles), here's Queen Slime. I wanted to test Queen Slime at the stage where she's actually helpful. Crystal Assassin Armor is better (IMO) than...
  14. M

MOST pre-boss weapons tested against King Slime with minimal buffs

Like the other threads about using different weapons to fight bosses, this one is about testing all the weapons from one segment of the game against a standard boss. There's already a late pre-hardmode thread, an early pre-hardmode thread, and a late hardmode thread, so I thought I'd do an early...
  15. M

NUMEROUS early Hardmode weapons tested against the Destroyer

Inspired by two previous posts, I fought the destroyer hundreds of times and recorded my results. There are a few I didn't try due to availability, and a few I may have just not thought of. Doing this I learned that a lot of info on the wiki from pre-1.4.1.2 is outdated. Done in Journey mode...
  16. M

Can you stack gloves to get giant weapons?

The titan glove now gives +10% weapon size. Can you stack the titan glove, power glove, mechanical gauntlet and fire gauntlet to get a gigantic weapon now?
  17. M

What order do you like to hit up the biomes in in early game and hardmode?

I usually -scan the Forest for chests, -go to Underground and maybe the top of Cavern to get things like Boots, jump accessories, Armor and a Heart Crystal or two. -Go to the Ice Biome for more chests, hearts, and a Flinx Staff -Peek in Corrupt Chasms or Crimson Hearts to try to find heart...
  18. M

PC How to beat each boss if you've given up hope (simple tricks)

I've found that for each boss there are generally a few things you can do that will make life much easier for you. After beating my head against some bosses over and over (especially on Expert and Master mode), I've found a few tricks that help quite a bit. King Slime The simple trick here is...
  19. M

Which of these 'elemental' playthroughs would be hardest (cold, hot, pop culture, etc.)

These are a bunch of different ways to play through the game, some much harder than others. All playthroughs allow using Old One's Army sentries during the event, and any armor/accessories (though you're encourage to used thematic armor/accessories.
  20. M

Top ten most enjoyable weapons

This is completely subjective, so I'd love to hear other people's opinions. Some weapons are just fun, even if they are not that useful. Some useful weapons are also fun. Here are my personal favorites (I'm not including stuff from pillars or after, because you don't get to use them very long)...
Back
Top Bottom