Search results for query: *

• Users: Jatopian
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Jatopian

PC Nurse attacking town slimes sometimes

Nurse has a weird tendency to aggro on one of my town slimes and keep throwing syringes at it. This doesn't seem to hurt the town slime, so it's just endless thump-thump-thump of syringes until I quit the world. Kind of annoying. This seems to especially start happening at the end of boss fights...
  2. Jatopian

Recommended approach for finding Mystic Frog?

How does one find the Mystic Frog most easily, especially without Journey Mode? Do a frog statue's spawns have the 1/50 replacement chance? Must one just hang out in a Jungle town and watch the rare creature detection while listening to a podcast or something, or is it faster to fly back and...
  3. Jatopian

PC wyvern kite didn't grant achievement "A Rather Blustery Day"

I flew the Wyvern Kite and it didn't seem to count for the kite achievement. I tried flying for about ten seconds, then switched to a Yellow Kite and got the achievement instantly, so I don't think I was just not fulfilling the intended requirements. If it matters, I was on a Journey Mode Drunk...
  4. Jatopian

Working as Designed can't shift+click duplicate quest fish into inventory

If I have two of the same kind of quest fish in a chest, I can shift+click one of them into my inventory, but then I can't shift+click a second one into my inventory. I know there are some weird restrictions on quest fish so we don't "accidentally" fish up two, but this one doesn't make sense...
  5. Jatopian

Blocks & Decoration witch bottle - built-in protection for your home against wraiths and more

A Terrarian's home is their castle. Or should be. Unfortunately, the actual kinds of fortress that are practical are limited to the floating variety within a narrow band of depth. This is bad and there are no real fixes for it in the game today. The idea is: A special block, item of...
  6. Jatopian

Game Mechanics make special seeds separate options

Special seeds are cool and all but I would really like to have the reproducibility of getting the same world from the same seed even if I also want to play a world with the unusual game mechanics of a secret seed. Therefore, after the first use of a secret seed, which could still make a random...
  7. Jatopian

Items living wood crate and crate tweaks

Since Living Trees are scarce unless one uses a certain seed, any particular Living Wood Chest item may not appear in a world, let alone in quantities suitable for multiplayer. Therefore, please give us a crate that contains Living Wood Chest loot? By surface forest fishing perhaps? While I'm...
  8. Jatopian

NPCs & Enemies a way to check NPC attack/defense

According to the wiki, NPCs don't just improve their attack and defense values when you use the rare "Advanced Combat Techniques" tome, but also in response to a variety of events, such as defeating bosses and entering Hardmode. This isn't made very clear by the game, though! It would be nice if...
  9. Jatopian

Why doesn't this statue farm work?

I had the attached farm running for two hours and didn't get so much as a glowstick or granite block. I know the drop rates for statues are reduced since 1.1 but surely not to that degree? The only times I got items to drop from these were when I personally contributed some damage with weapons...
  10. Jatopian

Game Mechanics let us choose modifiers

It's pretty tedious rerolling to get a particular modifier. In classic there is a money limitation that might lead you to settle for an okay modifier earlier in the game, but in Journey it's just a chore when you can otherwise spawn whatever you researched. Please let us pay extra to get the...
  11. Jatopian

fallen log fairy spawning behavior

Do fairies spawn by fallen logs when the log is on the player's screen? Or only offscreen in the normal spawning radius? Or both? Are there biome requirements or anything else to know?
  12. Jatopian

how to stop wraiths without redoing your whole base?

Entered Hardmode for the first time in a long time - I haven't played Terraria since it was introduced, aside from some servers that deliberately avoided Hardmode. I thought I had some pretty decent base designs - they wouldn't get corrupted, they had lava pits I could open with actuators and...
  13. Jatopian

Game Mechanics Life Fruit works with less than 400 HP

Let Life Fruits raise characters' health even without getting to 400 HP from Life Crystals first. There seems to be absolutely no reason for this apparently arbitrary limitation, and it's unpleasant on multiplayer servers to whoever doesn't find enough life crystals before everyone's ready for...
  14. Jatopian

Blocks & Decoration minecart track door and on/off pressure plate track

I want to be able to securely enter a building on a minecart. There are currently no good options for this. I can't use a door, because it won't attach to a minecart track on the bottom. Actuators are laggy and with the wildly different speeds one can achieve on a minecart track, there's no one...
  15. Jatopian

Other DisableIntenseVisualEffects apply to Old One's Army screen flash

At the end of an Old One's Army event, the screen is filled with particles and then flashes pure white. I find this hurts my eyes a bit and would like the DisableIntenseVisualEffects setting to apply to it, as it bothers me more than the thunderstorm flashes it currently applies to.
  16. Jatopian

PC Dead Man's Chest not detected by Metal Detection

Dead Man's Chest was not detected by Cell Phone. Dead Man's Chests are real chests which contain real loot, so they should be detected as treasure. This might or might not apply to spelunker potion highlighting also. Curiously, I couldn't reproduce this later, so there might be more conditions...
  17. Jatopian

Game Mechanics let quest fish stack

Please let quest fish stack. At the moment you can't even "loot all" a quest fish from a container if you already have such a fish. I'm trying to archive all the quest fish in Journey and they take up so many chests...
  18. Jatopian

Other remember server passwords

If I have a server I regularly play on, I don't wish to retype the password each time. The more secure the password, the more annoying to retype. Please let the game remember the passwords of our recent servers.
  19. Jatopian

Blocks & Decoration placeable Life Crystal Hearts

Please let us place Crystal Hearts for aesthetic reasons. They are pretty. Heart Lanterns aren't the same. Previously there was always a use for a spare Life Crystal because we could always use more Heart Lanterns, but now with Journey these considerations don't always apply. Perhaps the Life...
  20. Jatopian

**REPORTED** two layers below chest cannot be actuated

If a chest is on some blocks (or platforms) the blocks immediately below the chest cannot be actuated into the background. This seems correct. However, the blocks immediately below those blocks also cannot be actuated. This seems wrong.
Back
Top Bottom