Search results for query: *

• Users: Hax4Ever
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. H

Blocks & Decoration Update stone / similar textures

An upgrade to the earth is needed! Stone, in its current state, is shaded in a rather mediocre manner. The most common arguments for this is to keep it dull for the player, that way they wouldn't be focused to much on it, to help contrast it against the much more visually impressive ores that...
  2. H

Other Torch Heat Distortion

While the current particle effects look fine as-is, I feel that there could be more realistic effects regarding flame-based light sources. Notice how the air above the torch has become distorted, almost blurred to an extent of seeming liquefied? This is an effect that you see in a large...
  3. H

Other Redo cave background rendering.

Right now, cave backgrounds are handled in a rather basic way, but they could be handled in a much better way. Cave backgrounds are handled this way: An array of PNGs, each array has their own predefined backgrounds and in a predefined order, there is a dozen or so arrays for the game to choose...
  4. H

Game Mechanics Debuffs that remove other debuffs

Pray forgive me if this has been suggested before, but , the title essentially says it all, If you (somehow managed to) get a debuff from the colder biomes such as frozen and jumped into lava or got hit by something that casts the on fire debuff, you'd still be frozen. Water candle and peace...
  5. H

tModLoader Succubi's Wrath

Demons, monsters, and more for your Terraria world! This mod is perfect for those who aren't so concerned about post-Moon Lord content, but rather would prefer to have much more content to populate the main game, or just have a different experience overall. There are many major changes such as...
  6. H

Fruity backgrounds (Duotone Backgrounds)

Fruity backgrounds Wow, another background tweak texture pack? Yep. There's not much to this other than the fact that I thought it looked kinda good and I thought I'd share it here. I'll probably update this thread with a hue-shifted alternate verson later for some different colors if...
  7. H

A small texture layout guide

A small texture layout guide and maybe some other stuff Texture pack editing is a mess, so here I will dump most of my findings on locations, layouts, and other stuff involving texture packs. Not all of them can be changed through the png-based texture pack zip thing using experimental...
  8. H

Game Mechanics Zooming out - UI / Game

Edit : I was notified that this would be against Red's design decision, read the post, this is just a way to counter higher resolutions being able to see more than lower resolutions, the lower cap would change depending on resolution. So we can zoom in, but can we have an option to zoom out...
  9. H

New Age Retro Terraria

Here's a small texture pack for those of you who preferred the old look of Terraria. The goal of this texture pack is to be a Terraria Nostalgia/Retro pack that wouldn't clash against the current assets, as well as a few extra features to help set it apart a little. Various features /...
  10. H

Member-Run Project Day in the Life of a Harpy

This is where I wasted a month of Mugeneko's development. This is merely a side-project that is much lower quality than Mugeneko. Please stay tuned as this is just the calm before the storm. This game will be free, so don't worry. Also, a majority of the songs in this game are by @Qw2 so give...
  11. H

Other Allowing PC Users to customise the visuals

Now, we all know that Terraria is a great and fun game, the modding community however, is growing rapidly. Graphics are one thing that everyone with a creative idea in mind likes to edit, and I have a suggestion on how Terraria could go about that, introducing, PNG files working in cooperation...
  12. H

NPCs & Enemies Minor suggestion for the Dryad

Alright, this is just a really small suggestion for the Dryad, it's really just something that's been bugging me. The quote "Be safe; Terraria needs you!" seems a little too... "self aware". Here's an idea: Change it to "Be safe; <WORLD NAME> needs you!" This is more in-line with the other...
  13. H

Weapons & Equip Just a small suggestion to fix the cat ears.

The cat ears are an important item for some of us, and they may be "complete" but to me, they still feel incomplete! Welp, here goes tons of suggestions to go with one item. Okay..... Suggestion 1: Fix the cat ears' layering. What do I mean by this? Well, Let's say that the Cat ears disable...
  14. H

PC Stuck on "receiving tile data"

Okay, before you tell me to reinstall or verify the integrity of the game cache or check my ports, I already did. I reinstalled : Same result. Checked Integrity/Verified cache : Same result. Checked ports : Same result as they didn't change. So, I'm curious as to why I can't connect to my...
  15. H

Game Mechanics More player 'pain' noises?

So, sorry if this has been suggested before, but this is something that's really bugging me. It's a little strange hearing how every player in Terraria sounds the same when they get hurt, here's an idea that'd be simple enough. Make there be options for their 'voice' with more voice clips...
  16. H

Game Mechanics Better lighting from celestial bodies?

So, Terraria looks great visually thanks to Crowno doing his magic and Blue doing his older magic and stuff like that... but... The lighting system has always looked a little off to me. It's probably because it doesn't feel immersive and/or realistic. It's fine having a game without realism, but...
  17. H

Items Bit-Depth Dye

So this neat idea suddenly popped up into my head, what if there was a dye that had a posterization effect? posterization is the lowering of bit-depth (otherwise known as amount of colors) on a sprite. for this example I will be using the shadow armor: 3-bit dye - Bought from dye trader for 95...
  18. H

Terraria : Repercussions of Evil

(this is a parody of a joke fanfiction called "Doom : Repercussions of evil" by Peter Chimaera a.k.a Hyena1 , This is not meant to be taken seriously.) (seriously, this isn't meant to be taken seriously) Andrew waited. The torches above him blinked and sparked. There were monsters in the base...
  19. H

99% of images won't load.

So... Right now it's impossible for me to use the website due to an issue I've come across. There's my issue. No images seem to load. Every now and then an avatar loads in but none of the images hosted here are working (External hosts like imgur still seem to work) Is this an issue with the...
  20. H

Terraria fortress 2

There is no first one :red: that :red:. How does it work? In Team Fortress 2 you see death messages in the top right to see what happens when people die for instance: Hax4Ever was killed with a bat by Redigit. bla bla. How does the comment thing work? Like this: User 1: <Previous User> was ___...
Back
Top Bottom