Search results for query: *

1. MatthewCR7

Weapons & Equip Ranged may require some tweaks...

Rangers have some of the best weapons in the game with the S.D.M.G. and the Phantasm. They're definitely second to Mage now. But Stealth is bad. It makes you invisible so enemies should not be attacking you AT ALL. Supposedly they attack you less, but when I go in stealth they just attack me...
  2. MatthewCR7

Weapons & Equip Slightly Buff Phantasm.. Hear me out.

I've tested both against the Moon Lord and the Tsunami and Phantasm seem very much on par with each other now. The DPS count was consistently a round 2700-2900 in both cases with Unreal reforge and the same buffs and equipment. I also noticed the Moon Lords health going down at the same rate in...
  3. MatthewCR7

PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

People are still going on about the fact that they can't cheese the Moon Lord anymore?... He's hard alright, but it's the final boss for a reason. With proper preparation it's very doable. On a more important note, the Stardust Armor could use a buff. And yet, the Stardust Dragon Staff got...
  4. MatthewCR7

Weapons & Equip Rod of Discord UN-Nerf?

The main application of the Rod of Discord is to teleport into places that you can't get to easily. It's very convenient for exploring caves and the Dungeon and Jungle Temple. It was never meant as a way to travel across the map in a matter of seconds, as hinted by the added cooldown nerf...
  5. MatthewCR7

PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

I actually like the concept of cheesing. I think it's become part of the game in some way. You have this really powerful boss, but you also have really powerful gear at that point. You can't simply beat the Moon Lord on expert mode without cheesing (well you can, it's just not particularly...
  6. MatthewCR7

Items More types of Endless ammo!

The whole concept of the ranger class is based on having limited amounts of ammunition. They already threw you a bone with the endless quiver and musket pouch, now you're just being greedy. Besides, there's not one kind of ammo that is hard to make in large amounts. They even made it so that...
  7. MatthewCR7

So how to actually kill Fishron in 1.3....?

I don't use boots anymore regardless. Solar Flare wings give enough horizontal movement speed. But yeah Duke Fishron is by far the hardest boss in the game. The Moon Lord doesn't even come close. I can cheese him with the Phantasm and the Last Prism, but not with much health to spare. It's best...
  8. MatthewCR7

Ugh not another one I have to trash >.<

Always make sure to carry a Safe around for extra inventory space. Then dedicate 3-4 chests to banners alone. I've almost filled up the 3rd one but all I need to do is quickstack to nearby chests when I get home, and all the banners are taken care of. It's pretty fun to collect them, I still get...
  9. MatthewCR7

PC The Most Efficient Money farm in Terraria 1.3

I can beat the whole event with the Phantasm by aiming upwards and holding left mouse button. So essentially you can just put a rubber band around your mouse like it's done in the OP. And yes AFK Pumpkin Moon farming is a thing and the most efficient (and complicated) AFK designs actually...
  10. MatthewCR7

PC The Most Efficient Money farm in Terraria 1.3

One Pumpkin Moon with the Phantasm, Holy Arrows and Vortex Armor nets you 25 platinum in 10 minutes. Not counting the time you spend selling all the loot, of course. But I thank you for sharing this wonderful goldfish farm with us.
  11. MatthewCR7

Weapons & Equip Optionally hide the transform effects of the Celestial Shell.

A solution would be to NOT combine the celestial stone with the moon shell... You don't miss out on too many buffs.
  12. MatthewCR7

Weapons & Equip Buff Star Guardian?

And yet it doesn't even remotely compare to the Lunar Flare, S.D.M.G., Last Prism, Meowmere, Terrarian, Phantasm, Vortex Beater and so on. Besides, most post-plantera weapons can take out all bosses in the game without trouble. The point still stands, when it comes to sheer power the summoner is...
  13. MatthewCR7

Weapons & Equip Buff Star Guardian?

It works well at keeping enemies busy. But yes it would be nice if it wasn't so passive, it's a bit underwhelming right now. A damage upgrade to like 100 instead of 30-ish would be a good start as right now the other 3 fragment armor sets are in a whole different tier of power. Vortex Armor has...
  14. MatthewCR7

Items Suggestion to enhance world safety post-final boss.

I'm pretty sure there's modpacks out there for stuff like that. If you need to build without enemies bothering you, just equip a summoner class with the Stardust Dragon Staff. That ought to do it. Random events can be annoying though, but this suggestion wouldn't stop them. You actually need to...
  15. MatthewCR7

Items [Sprites] Golden Nuggets: A Solution to Golden Furniture

Fair enough. Although I kind of like the randomness of the drops so I would like to keep that. And honestly you're not going to make a whole house out of gold early on in the game anyways, they're luxury items after all. Being able to make them out of golden bars means you can craft whatever you...
  16. MatthewCR7

Items [Sprites] Golden Nuggets: A Solution to Golden Furniture

Just make Golden furniture craftable from golden bars AS WELL as dropping randomly from pirates. Problem solved.
  17. MatthewCR7

Frozen key

After a corruption key dropped in my purple ice block mob farm, I realized I would have to use non corrupted ice blocks to farm a frozen key. So I cleansed everything with green solution and I have my frost dragon staff now. Just make sure the background changes to the blue ice biome color...
  18. MatthewCR7

Weapons & Equip Drill Containment Unit luminite cost

It has many applications. I use it to get Silt/Slush blocks easily for my Extractinator, to find rare statues, heart crystals, to make underground farms, to dig hellevators... I have an entire house in gold bricks thanks to the DCU.
  19. MatthewCR7

Weapons & Equip Large-Scale, End-Game Biome control

Honestly having a bunch of hellevators all around your world can be very practical to escape combat or have quick access to underground farms. But you could just block off the ceiling of the underworld so the sand doesn't drop all the way through. It would look pretty nice actually.
  20. MatthewCR7

Weapons & Equip Large-Scale, End-Game Biome control

Just fill up the holes with sand afterwards, easy. EDIT: On a serious note, dealing with the Corruption is supposed to be a challenge. Placing down a few beacons and letting them purify everything is hardly satisfying.
Back
Top Bottom