Search results for query: *

1. D

Why is torch luck a mechanic?

Yeah, this seems like a really weird change. An unlisted and extremely opaque change to drop rates and damage that (potentially) penalizes the player for using certain types of torches? Torches, of all things? Especially in a game that gives the player such freedom to decorate as they like? I...
  2. D

Post Your 1.3 base here!

For 1.3, I finally decided to take on my first large-scale construction project (well, large-scale for me, anyway). I decided I wanted a stylish base for all my NPCs, plus room for everything you need to craft and all my loot. After quite some time, I made this: It was originally on top of a...
  3. D

Wings vs. Mounts

Most of the time, I actually use the Scutlix mount + bundle of balloons. It may not be entirely optimal, but I love those eye lasers, and the boosted quadruple jump (plus the rod of discord) gives me all the vertical mobility I need. I use the UFO for the moon lord or when I'm building, though.
  4. D

Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

I try, but one of my great failings in life is, sadly, that I'm not perfect. Sometimes I screw up a build, sometimes I think of a neat way to expand something only after I've put something in the wrong place, sometimes I'd like to compare how something looks in one location as opposed to another...
  5. D

Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

I'm sure it's been said a million times already, but my suggestion would be a new item that, when triggered, moves any wired tiles in a direction, as long as there's no non-wired blocks (or NPCs/players/enemies) that would stop them from moving. Ideally there would be a variant that would do the...
  6. D

Plantera Expert Mode

The gravity globe is... very questionable. It's actually worse than gravity potions; you can't switch gravity in midair. It needs some changing - it's *never* worth actually wearing, and the novelty of it wears off quick when you realize that if you've beaten expert mode moon lord, there's...
  7. D

Plantera Expert Mode

I beat expert Plantera solo with turtle armor and a death scythe, buff potions/campfire/heart lantern, and an arena where I could do the old "teleport between two areas and watch the boss fail to deal with it" trick. It got kinda hairy when plantera stuck a tendril directly on one of my...
  8. D

What's your favorite loadout, and why?

These days, this is my favorite loadout for general adventuring: Main Weapons: Last Prism, Razorblade Typhoon, Lunar Flare Secondary Weapons: Lunar Portal, Lunar Crystal Staff, Rainbow Gun, Nimbus Rod, Clinger Staff Mount: Scutlix (Pew pew!) Armor: Full Nebula (of course) Accessories: Celestial...
  9. D

Resolved Terraria Expert Mode: Are The Mechanical Bosses Even Possible

I only beat the destroyer "legitimately"; I bounced between two teleporters at opposite ends of my arena for Skeletron Prime and The Twins while shooting them with meteors/crystal shards/whatever. I used the new life drain spell from crimson mimics (along with a standard arena, potions, etc.) to...
  10. D

What do you think of the new "charged" magic weapons?

The difference is that in most games with charging mechanics, nothing happens until you release the attack button, and therefore you can go into combat with it pre-charged and release it when you want. In Terraria, that obviously doesn't work since they are automatically used once the charge...
  11. D

Friends bringing in hardmode stuff, advice?

Sounds like you just have to lay down your rules. If you want to experience expert mode from the ground up, tell them that either they can start new characters and join you, or not play with you while you're doing this. If none of them are interested, just play solo. Now, I'd also play with...
  12. D

1.3 Expert Mode Discussion

I'm enjoying it. Once you get past the first few nights, it becomes clear that the bosses are where the biggest changes really are. Here's my thoughts on them: Generally speaking: Build arenas. Use campfires and heart lanterns at the very least; bring in whatever buff potions you can...
  13. D

PC Life Drain: Under-Powered?

In regards to the spell that TC is actually talking about... http://terraria.wiki.gg/Life_Drain It seems to not actually drain life, but rather just to increase your health regen while you're hitting something with it. Moreover, the health regen boost doesn't seem to scale with hitting...
  14. D

What do you like about 1.3 the most?

This. I'm a little worried that it isn't going to show up though, given that, unless I missed something, it was mentioned all of once (and not in much detail then) and hasn't been referenced at all since.
Back
Top Bottom