Search results for query: *

1. D

Map-Adventure The Relics of Veitos (Trailer Released! Game needs more time in the oven...)

Yes I said GAME. I.E. complete with what could pass for bosses, inspired by that Castlevania map. Always wanted to do one of these things...and hey I figured why not reserve a post too. It's my first real Terraria project as well, so I hope it's fun for you guys! I do have a demo of the game...
  2. D

(WIP) Relics of Vaitos Demo

A.K.A. Making A Game Within A Game Is Meta As All Get Out...lol...Anywhoooooo.... Been hammering this one out over the past few days, and the demo is finally where I like it. This only has the first level, but eventually I'm going to have 4 levels, each with 2 actual bosses as you'll see here...
  3. D

Metraria (2 Challenge Rooms completed)

Inspired by the Metroid series, I decided to make a map based on it! Here is the entire thing in Terrafirma so far. And I decided to post now because I need people to test it. I'm making it up as I go, with the things you would need at that point, so I know it's doable. I also have...
  4. D

Is there a better program than T-edit? (I didn't know where to post this)

I've been playing Terraria for a while, and my binging on the Metroid series lately has me wanting to make a similar map in Terraria, however being Java based makes Tedit pretty slow and sometimes a pain in the gluteus maximus. is there anything else I can use that does the same thing?
  5. D

PC Help finding fireflies!

I've made countless worlds to look for fireflies...and right now I'm building a town on the surface to hopefully get them to spawn, but no dice so far...and at night I've wandered the surface and STILL no flies. am I doing something wrong?
  6. D

I just found something pretty cool.

....and the Demolitionist was apparently born in Russia.
  7. D

(PC version) Can I get some loadout help?

Wondering how I can get this loadout better, trying for an almost invincible Melee/Summoner setup. Almost invincible of course is relative...heh, nothing is invincible. Anyway, here's what I got: Demonic Terrarian Mythical Stardust Cell Staff Stardust Helmet and Leggings Valhalla Knight's...
  8. D

Specific biomes for towns?

If you start building a town, to you use a specific biome to put it in? My first town was kind of random, and was built in half-caverns, half-underground, so it was quite random when I started it. My second town however... it's largely contained within a marble mini biome, and I am trying...
  9. D

Moria

I just wanted to show you a town of mine that is STILL in progress, and I didn't want to post my original world here, because I don't want to give it away lol. BUT I made a brand new (small) world and imported the town into it via Tedit. Where you start, there's a bunch of signs, read them...
  10. D

What is your "workflow" like on a new map?

This will exclude the equipment I make, because that's a no brainer. heh. For example, when I create a map, I first go along the surface until I cannot proceed anymore in the direction I am traveling, looking for ore outcrops on the surface. When I can't find any more, I dig a shallow...
  11. D

VERY old maps.

Been playing Terraria for a while now, and I absolutely REFUSE to delete this one. https://i.gyazo.com/ca473b48bd6f20abb7992be38f7c9b01.png It dates from June or July in 2014, and you can see some stuff I use in it. The asphalt strip in the air is my Moon Lord fight platform, and the...
  12. D

Something fun you should try.

I was just messing around with different games earlier, and I decided to make a new character, and load up my year-old Hardmode world to try and get down to my town without dying. What a difference that made...It's INSANELY easy with my main character to move around the world, but with a new...
  13. D

The Headcanon thread got me thinking about Worldcanons...

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/what-are-your-terraria-headcanons.20453/ - this is what I'm talking about BTW, but as I was reading it today, I had to wonder...we spent time making up stories for the world, and some are wonderful. But what about what we build, especially if your...
  14. D

Drainage systems?

I've run into a problem, that whenever I need to drain some water above my town, some parts of it always get flooded and then I have to drain it manually. Is there some way to design a drainage system so that doesn't happen anymore? it's really getting annoying.
  15. D

Have they changed the behavior of pressure plates?

I tried to make both a Crab and Bird engine (not at the same time :P)...and both of them did not work because the birds and crabs did not trigger the plates. Is this still doable?
  16. D

Video I apologize in advance for this...

...but it HAD to be done. Yeah I'm a dork. lol
  17. D

Best time of day to hunt for Daybloom?

I need these little yellow twerps for a potion, and I only find them rarely on the surface, made a large world to look for some and I only found ONE. Planting doesn't work either because other grasses just crowd 'em out. frustrating...
  18. D

Game Mechanics Just a small idea concerning coins :)

When you defeat enemies, the coins that drop should combine if they can just like mined blocks do currently. For example. If you kill two enemies close together, they might drop 2 Silver coins. With this, kill them and they combine into one sprite. Same with other coins too. I've noticed...
  19. D

Why do YOU like Terraria?

Topic title, self explanitory, heh. I'll start. It started when I discovered Minecraft. I played the heck out of the demo but I didn't buy it because it's owned by Microsnot (I hate Microsoft as a company, even though they make awesome non-game software). I then discovered a free alternative...
  20. D

Transit Systems! Lets see -em!

So about mid-hardmode I got fed up with walking all over the map to important areas, so I made a teleporter transit system. It started with a simple way to get all the way to my jungle camp, but then it expanded over time. It's still a bit small, but it'll get bigger I'm sure. I made a simple...
Back
Top Bottom