Search results for query: *

1. C

Other update water physics

Update water physics? But the game already does that 30 times a second! Anyway, liquid physics can get a bit wonky at times, but I suspect it's easier said than done to fix that. It also risks causing performance issues on less powerful systems, and potentially breaking existing builds. It...
  2. C

Biomes & Nature PLEASE add a seed that removes spider biomes

Really? Did you stop playing Terraria when you saw the option to disable blood and gore? How about when they added the autoswing option? There was at least one person complaining about it, so clearly that counts as an "exclusionary" feature. How about journey mode, which lets you disable any...
  3. C

Game Mechanics un-obtrusive blood and gore

I think it's a good idea. I've turned off gore simply because I've gotten hit by a crawler or something that I couldn't see behind a pile of dead enemy parts one time too many.
  4. C

Weapons & Equip Early game/pre-boss Summoner buffs to try and be funner

This could be solved by creating a minion of some kind that only acts when you have it in your active hotbar slot. A very early whip would most likely outclass early melee weapons due to range alone, so that's probably not a great solution. However, that kind of active minion would be a new...
  5. C

Weapons & Equip Cloud Armor

A significant majority of armor sets are named after their crafting materials or the location those materials are found in. Using some fancy name for a hypothetical cloud armor would be out of place.
  6. C

Blocks & Decoration Chimneys are centered on 3 tiles, not 2

Better yet, create another kind of chimney that's slightly thinner and only two blocks wide, to avoid breaking any old builds with chimneys.
  7. C

Terraria State of the Game - September 2023

That video of the mud ball fight shows a player getting outclassed by a much more maneuverable player, possibly due to access to proper video game controls. Clearly this hints at cross play. Also, I like the tree menace fairy.
  8. C

Game Mechanics Item that stops the spread of the evil bioms?

The idea is that you shouldn't have to excavate half your world and then replace it in order to prevent the spread. They did add a toggle for infection spread in journey mode, though the issue is kind of that most players don't want journey mode, they just want one or a few of the things that...
  9. C

Weapons & Equip Cloud Armor

One potential set bonus would be some variation of featherfall, as that would be useful in the early game.
  10. C

Sprites Changing textures depending on the season

Good idea, for a special seed. I wouldn't want to have to play in the summer to have my green grass and leaves, though, so I wouldn't like it as a forced change.
  11. C

Re-Logic Statement Regarding Unity & the Future

This is pretty cool of you. It's nice to see a gaming company not act hostile to its customers. I respect that you haven't made paid DLC for Terraria, it's incredibly rare these days when the average game uses preorder bonuses to sell the majority of copies before word of mouth gets around, and...
  12. C

Game Mechanics Parrying for true melee weapons

There's a good reason why you don't see the Brand of the Inferno topping weapon tier lists. True melee is only useful early in the game; the majority of enemies past that aren't designed for it. That's why so many melee weapons were given projectiles. A significant part of the danger of contact...
  13. C

Weapons & Equip A Magic Weapon That Inflicts the Midas Debuff

You're ignoring the context, and also ignoring that you'll get far more money by spending that night exploring for treasure chests. Or, once you're halfway done with prehardmode, just farming bosses.
  14. C

You need to be in hardmode to craft the flasks of gold. You're not going to have them on your first night. And if you are in hardmode, you have much more effective ways to farm gold. That applies to prehardmode too, honestly. Even if it did give a huge income boost, all it would do is reduce...
  15. C

Did a QoL/anti-grind feature kill your family? The point of the Midas debuff is to help you farm money. The majority of your money is going to be going into the goblin's gambling hell, meaning that how much money you need for a playthrough can vary wildly based on pure luck. With character A...
  16. C

Portfolio/Multi-Topic Shimmer proof boots

The water walking boots and all its upgrades prevent you from sinking into shimmer, unless you press down while standing on the surface.
  17. C

Portfolio/Multi-Topic Enhancing New Player Experience: Simplifying Hardmode Initiation

I'm still not on board with spawning the hardmode ores at world creation. I think it would create much more confusion than the current system does. Another reason to not make them obtainable before hardmode is that it gives the player a reason to go out and explore after hardmode begins. Almost...
  18. C

Okay, that's enough padding and QOL.

To add to that, pylons have a rather steep cost that early in the game. If you want them early you're going to have to cough up ~8 gold each, and obviously you need at least two to get any use out of them. You're not going to have that much money that early unless you get really lucky with...
  19. C

Weapons & Equip Surgeon’s scalpel

She may be arrogant, but I sure wouldn't want to kill her that many times.
Back
Top Bottom