Search results for query: *

1. Mars44

Weapons & Equip The grand design needs to be nerfed or made into a hardmode item

First off, let me say I like the item, it's super useful, however I think for pre hardmode it's a bit too strong for the following reason: 1. You can disarm traps from anywhere on the screen, and then get to collect the wire from where you are standing. This is pretty ridiculous if you think...
  2. Mars44

NPCs & Enemies Please change the Medusa so it doesn't petrify you when its offscreen

Perhaps using any hardmode armor/accessory that has armor causes the damage to be amplified. Are you testing this in expert mode as well? I wonder if that effects it.
  3. Mars44

NPCs & Enemies Please change the Medusa so it doesn't petrify you when its offscreen

If I can look at this statement and say, "I disagree", then it's an opinion. If I tell you that the earth rotates around the sun, you can't argue against that because it's a fact. That's objective. Saying something is good or bad is subjective. I don't even want to respond to the rest of him...
  4. Mars44

LMAO, sorry I can't take this post seriously. As soon as you said your opinion is objective. Yeah, we were having a good discussion on how Medusa's stoned damage actually works and you come in with this.
  5. Mars44

I am using visual mods yes, does not effect the gameplay though. Anyway I went and retested and found some interesting things. With no armor on you don't take fall damage until the 17 blocks I stated. I believe when I tested this I was pre hardmode so my armor was pretty low. Here's where it...
  6. Mars44

I'm not sure what "testing" you have done, but fall damage starts at 17 blocks. I also think (I haven't tested it though) that fall damage is based on your entire fall, not just from the point where you got petrified (which I'm guessing means if you keep jumping up without landing that adds to...
  7. Mars44

At this point I feel this discussion is useless. A typical conversation with Megamage consists of this flow chart loop: You- "Well I have yet to see an argument why Medusa is balanced/in this game/doesn't need nerfed" Me- "Well actually we have told you multiple times, but since you don't...
  8. Mars44

You've seen them, you just refuse to acknowledge them. I feel like this is a recurring issue with you as well, you seem to have some convenient memory problems. Maybe if you say you haven't seen it one more time we might actually forget ourselves. Medusa add variety to an otherwise stale set...
  9. Mars44

It is about not falling into big pits. There is no reason you have to avoid pits, at all. It's like for you, you either need one extreme (not exploring) or another extreme (nerf/remove medusa) to solve your problems. I don't understand how to explain this too you anymore maybe you are simply...
  10. Mars44

Sometimes you're just a big fish in a small pond. You gotta realize when you step into the ocean you're a tiny fish that has to grow. If simple countermeasures like not falling into big pits and facing walls when you drop is hard for you, then I don't know what to say. And I think not dying...
  11. Mars44

We have outlined many ways to avoid Medusa throughout our argument, you just keep ignoring it. To me it seems like you got some issues with your pride and admitting you are wrong.
  12. Mars44

Actually I do understand how easily Medusa can kill me. I also understand how mindlessly easy it is to avoid any situation where that can happen. And there lies your problem, no matter how many times people tell you how easy it is to avoid her, you still blame it on the game, you're even...
  13. Mars44

Tedious? When is it tedious? Early game when you need to respect her because she will destroy you? Or Late game when getting stoned means absolutely nothing because chances are you aren't getting mobbed by 12 enemies? Even mid game Medusa stoning you is the least of your problems. And...
  14. Mars44

Medusa spawning by a marbled biome is random, but almost guaranteed. Getting killed by Medusa is far from random. If many many people tell you that she is easy to avoid then I see either two options: 1. We are freakin gods at this game 2. You just aren't as good at this game as you think and...
  15. Mars44

Terraria's most hated monsters

Sorry for the late reply but you slipping on ice and falling down a giant hole isn't a case of bad luck, it's a case of bad control of your character. If I was about to slip off an edge I didn't want to I would probably jump to stop my forward momentum or mouse down and press e. these are...
  16. Mars44

Okay so if I understand correctly you were probably carefully navigating the jungle and got careless probably due to impatience right? Probably wandered out unprotected by the terrain and got mobbed by bees, bats, vines, turtles, ect? The second situation you slipped on ice into an unlit cave...
  17. Mars44

I have to disagree. While yes there are going to be situations where she is unavoidable, those situations are few and far between. With 98 hours of play time on expert mode the handful of times I was unavoidably petrified off screen was more of a nuisance than an issue.
  18. Mars44

Orithan I think your mindset is going to hold you back in life. The instant anything goes wrong and you try to find fault somewhere else but with yourself. Perhaps Medusa isn't really overpowered, you just aren't good at avoiding her. Of course I also have to take a look at myself to avoid...
  19. Mars44

Is Medusa bugged or just overpowered?

One of the best ways I've found to deal with her is not killing her. I know it goes against your inner ocd of killing everything on sight but actually by not killing her she cannot spawn in another place until she despawns by leaving the giant spawn free box around your character. Also I...
  20. Mars44

PC Medusa needs nerfing

Medusa. Medusa is a single person, and can only spawn if she is not already spawned, so she is singular. I actually just want to clear that up for Yugiohhero.
Back
Top Bottom