Search results for query: *

1. Blaine

tModLoader Calamity Mod

That won't ever happen directly. Calamity Mod is dependent on tModLoader, and tModLoader will (still) be a long time updating to Terraria's latest version, 1.4.2.3, which made a lot of all-encompassing technical and mechanical changes to the game. Once that happens, Calamity will probably be...
  2. Blaine

tModLoader Starlight River (WIP)

I still associate the word with crowns, coronations, and stellar phenomena in the correct context. In my opinion, ceasing to use the word "corona" primarily because it may remind people of virological nomenclature isn't really necessary or desirable. It's been used in fantasy and science...
  3. Blaine

tModLoader Builder Essentials

Yeah, I've noticed the same as @ShadowTiger—once the mod is installed, it nullifies everything else (vanilla or modded) having to do with placement speed or range, as if it's a cat that demands all the attention. That being said, this is a great mod.
  4. Blaine

tModLoader Calamity Mod

Yes, the Mantis Shrimp literally does exist, both in real life and in the Calamity Mod. https://calamitymod.fandom.com/wiki/Mantis_Shrimp https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantis_shrimp I referred to it as a boss, but jokingly, because it can easily kill a player in a very short period of time...
  5. Blaine

tModLoader Calamity Mod

The Mantis Shrimp can one- or two-shot you, and gibbed me twice while I was exploring during Hardmode. It's been added since the last time I played Calamity. Until it was added, the ocean was a whole lot safer. I've died less often to some pre-Hardmode bosses, and it's a tiny little thing, so...
  6. Blaine

tModLoader Calamity Mod

After more than two years away from the mod, I was delighted to find that the Mantis Shrimp boss had been added.
  7. Blaine

tModLoader Calamity's Vanities

This happened to me when I reinstalled everything for the first time since 2019 a few weeks ago. Either I still had the 2019 version of Calamity installed (without realizing it), or the cloud reinstalled a deprecated version for me. You need to make sure both tmodloader and Calamity Mod are...
  8. Blaine

tModLoader Non-cheaty way to tidy up inventory?

Well, I've hit a wall. Portable Storage (somewhat cheat-y, but integrated "properly" into the gameplay) is incompatible with the latest version of tmodloader, luiafk and Extensible Inventory (fantastic mods on the design and technical levels) are very clearly cheat-y, and JPAN's Bags of Holding...
  9. Blaine

tModLoader Neo Draw ~ Draw Your World! - A Photoshop inspired mod.

What an excellent idea and implementation. Just yesterday I was wishing that Terraria had a blueprinting system similar to Factorio's. The copy-paste function of this mod comes fairly close.
  10. Blaine

tModLoader Magic Storage

This has to be the best QoL mod of all time, particularly if you're running something like Calamity Mod, which brings Terraria's total item count through the stratosphere. Major kudos to those who've picked up where the original creator left off. Personally, I use the Extra version, but it's...
  11. Blaine

Things you always do before entering hardmode?

I generally do an apple fast for three days beforehand, visit my chiropractor and masseuse, and drop by the health clinic for a colonic. I'll also visit my spiritual advisor to have my chakras aligned and my aura tuned up. When it's almost time to enter hardmode, I pull the blackout curtains...
  12. Blaine

tModLoader Calamity Mod

I forgot to add that I think the new biomes are very well done, especially the Abyss and Sunken Sea. They have a truly unique feel, and of course the Abyss offers a singular challenge that's different than any other biome. They add a lot of interest and exploration potential to the world without...
  13. Blaine

tModLoader Calamity Mod

I've been playing Calamity for the first time over the past couple of weeks. Considering that it's essentially a megamod, I've found the additional content to be exceptionally well integrated into the vanilla content. It has a coherent theme of sorts and is internally consistent, rather than...
  14. Blaine

Influx weaver vs Terra blade

Last night I discovered that the Influx Waver is just about the perfect pre-Moon Lord weapon for farming Golem quickly. It automatically stunlocks and kills his fists if you attack from the side, which lengthens the fight, but not much.
  15. Blaine

"Terraria is a ripoff of Minecraft" comebacks

Yeah, I know. I've been playing since release and after each major update up until July 2015, after which I took a long break until just recently. Agreed on the full auto, even if that means a re-balancing of some weapons is necessary. Besides, a simple mouse macro can emulate auto-swing for...
  16. Blaine

This is a bit of a tangent, but I ended up actually using only about twenty different weapons from the beginning to the end of progression after starting fresh recently. Everyone has different playstyles of course, and I've played Terraria for thousands of hours since release (so I already know...
  17. Blaine

It's safe to say that Minecraft launched sandbox games with elaborate terrain deformation and freeform building mechanics into widespread popularity, and also that this influenced Red's decision to create something different but still within the same broad digging/building/sandbox genre. Back...
  18. Blaine

1.3 Strange Plant Auto-Farm: It Works!

I completed my collection (had literally every item in the game as of late 2015, except for pre-order pets), so I stopped playing Terraria for a while. It's been over three years. I have a newer PC now, and I realized when I started playing again last week that I never salvaged my old Terraria...
  19. Blaine

Mobile [Project] Motorized Airlock System

One tip is to consider using Tall Gates for doors, rather than actuated blocks. If you've never used them before, they're different from all other doors, larger, and retract vertically rather than swinging open. Of course, if you're attached to the idea of actuated blocks "raising up," that's...
  20. Blaine

PC [Finished Project] AFK Moon Lord farm arena

Expert Moon Lord AFK in under two minutes with just basic blocks, five teleporters, the Merchant (would a target dummy work in his place? Haven't looked into that glitch much yet) and a bit of wiring. Man, oh man. It's great that you don't have to use potions... but if you don't have to use...
Back
Top Bottom