Search results for query: *

1. Sordid

Game Mechanics Clentaminator changes type of torch

Nobody said anything about removing buff potions. Nowhere in that did I mention removing items. Also, maybe try reading the sentence that immediately follows: So yes, you are putting words in my mouth, by selectively ignoring parts of what I said to change the meaning of the rest.
  2. Sordid

Nobody said anything about removing items. You seem very fond of putting words into other people's mouths.
  3. Sordid

Game Mechanics Biome Torch, Quality of life.

Why the hell did I never find out this is a thing that exists? Good god.
  4. Sordid

Yes, that is exactly why buffs should be permanent in it. Yes, but you still have to keep duplicating those potions and refreshing the buffs. Crafting potions and strategically using them is resource management in regular mode; in Journey mode, where they're free, it's nothing other than a...
  5. Sordid

Journey mode already does those things. You start out with infinite ropes, and you only need to mine a little bit of each material before you can likewise duplicate it infinitely. So yes, it is a wonderful idea, so wonderful the devs came up with it themselves. Good lord, yes. There are many...
  6. Sordid

Actually yes, I do dislike the fact that I have lower stats without applying buffs. If it were up to me, I'd remove all temporary buffs. Or rather I'd make all of them permanent. Again, in terms of numbers, not having a bonus until you buff yourself is exactly the same as suffering a penalty...
  7. Sordid

Because in terms of numbers not having a bonus is the same thing as suffering a penalty. Does it not bother you just because of what it's called?
  8. Sordid

They only removed negative torch luck. IMO they should remove it completely and make torch choice purely cosmetic.
  9. Sordid

I have a better idea: Remove torch luck.
  10. Sordid

Game Mechanics Mediumcore / Hardcore death penalty settings for Journey characters?

I don't think mediumcore makes sense in Journey, since you can just duplicate everything you dropped when you died. A hardcore option would be welcome by some, I'm sure. In that case also disable the god mode button and limit the spawn rate slider to a minimum of 1x.
  11. Sordid

Game Mechanics Crimson, corruption and hollow spreading

Given that the sole purpose of fending off the hallow and evil biomes is to annoy the player, I view that as a good thing. The whole system is never properly explained, all it does is punish you for not spoiling the game for yourself by reading the wiki and/or not wasting hours digging tunnels...
  12. Sordid

Game Mechanics Crimson, corruption and hollow spreading

Yet another reason to love Journey mode, just turn that sh*t off with the press of a button.
  13. Sordid

Game Mechanics Add unobtainable items to the journeymode research/duplication system

In that case also include an in-game list of all items and their research status, since obtaining everything without being able to see what you're missing would be maddening.
  14. Sordid

Game Mechanics Remove ability to rebuy used pylons

To clarify further: Biome is a function of the player's location, not the NPC's. If the player is in a valid pylon biome and close enough to speak to a happy vendor NPC, the pylon will be available even if the NPC itself is located in a non-pylon biome.
  15. Sordid

Game Mechanics Vein Miner

Balancing of what against what, exactly? Because mining ores one by one is not challenging or interesting, it's just tedious. And the opposite of tedium is fun. So it seems to me that saying that it's necessary for balancing purposes is saying that without it the game would be too fun.
  16. Sordid

Game Mechanics Add duplication cost for journey mode

Sounds like pointless grindy busywork to me, exactly the thing Journey mode is supposed to alleviate.
  17. Sordid

Game Mechanics Add a "prevent drop" or "auto-trash" and "hide crafting" option to each item the Journey mode Duplication menu.

Then you need to open your eyes. There would be no need to wait at all if the Journey mode research and duplication feature was well-thought-out in the first place.
  18. Sordid

Game Mechanics Journey mode: restock button

Sounds like you agree with me, then. Good.
  19. Sordid

Game Mechanics Journey mode: restock button

Easily solved: Left click takes an infinite stack, right click functions as it does now and takes a finite number. Though I feel obligated to point out in your example the number of clicks is the same: Take a stack (click), place two (click, click), throw stack away (click). Or take two (click...
Back
Top Bottom