Search results for query: *

1. Programmatic

Showcase [Showcase] TerraByte, the 16 Bit Programmable Computer

On the laptop I use, Terraria slows by about half while TerraByte is running, so I get about 30 instructions per second. Good enough for mathematical calculations and turn-based games, but definitely not fast enough for making real-time games and such. Trying to make it multi-core definitely...
  2. Programmatic

Also, since I'm still in the process of testing the computer to make sure everything works, feel free to suggest any simple programs that you want me to try to implement and I'll reply with working assembly and machine code.
  3. Programmatic

Introducing TerraByte, the first fully functioning programmable computer in Terraria: This computer uses a custom-made architecture consisting of 16 different instructions and 16 registers. The computer can run programs consisting of up to 1024 instructions and has 32 kb of RAM In...
  4. Programmatic

PC [Project] Build a Computer in Terraria!

I'd also be willing to collaborate on the project, though I don't have a ton of free time, and I haven't quite fully grasped your designs just yet.
  5. Programmatic

Yeah, I was mixing them up. Why don't you use the RAM's design for the registers as well? What functional advantage do the registers have?
  6. Programmatic

Here's the world file containing the complete RAM, it's pretty big (64 KB of RAM), so it might take a bit to load: https://drive.google.com/open?id=19CsZS4fUfFJedQCtQ9Z848nDSGONFC33 Also, what do you mean by 1.5x6 blocks? Each bit in your design takes up 18 blocks of space.
  7. Programmatic

Your RAM could easily be reduced from 6x3 to 2x3 blocks per bit if you use a purely faulty gate based design like this: Basically, when the red wire is triggered, the value stored in the gate is swapped with the value being carried by the blue wire. What you could do then, is a have a bus of...
  8. Programmatic

Regarding the one-bit shift, making a multi-bit shift takes up a lot of extra space, and such an operation would be rarely used. To shift multiple bits, it would be better just to trigger a single shift operation multiple times. Regarding roadblocks, the main problem I ran into was that I would...
  9. Programmatic

I've attempted making a computer in Terraria a few times in the past, but I've usually ended up hitting some roadblock that led me to restarting multiple times. While I probably won't be attempting to make a computer again for a while (I haven't played Terraria in months), I wish you the best of...
  10. Programmatic

Question Forum Question Thread V2.0 (1.3.1 Edition!)

People have made far more time and space efficient calculators since the addition of logic gates. Hoiks do still have their uses, though.
  11. Programmatic

PC TEdit Issue

My computer just had another automatic update, and TEdit seems to be working fine again.
  12. Programmatic

PC TEdit Issue

Have any other TEdit users here had a problem recently where the main editor window appears completely blank? I've only gotten this problem recently, so I believe it might have something to due with Windows 10's recent update, as it has caused other applications to act strangely for me as well.
  13. Programmatic

PC Final RAM Design and Update on the Computer Project

I've continued working on a programmable computer in Terraria, I've made my RAM smaller and faster, and I've ditched my current CPU design in favor of a simpler, but less powerful one.
  14. Programmatic

The intent is to provide myself with a sense of pride and accomplishment for completing such a task. Jokes aside, I mainly intend to use the computer as a proof of concept (as LavaGamer stated), to push Terraria's wiring system to its full potential. I may also use it for educational purposes...
  15. Programmatic

So I've been mostly absent from T-MEC for a while due to college, but I want to say that I have not given up on my plan to make a working computer in Terraria. Now that I'm on Thanksgiving break, I've finally managed to finalize my design for a 64 KB RAM chip. I've also gotten rid of my 16 bit...
  16. Programmatic

Theory: Conveyor belts can act like faster Hoiks?

A conveyor belt hoik would likely either function like an ordinary hoik, or it may not function at all. For a hoik to work, the player or NPC must be aligned with the hoik teeth. If a conveyor belt were to nudge the player a bit further than the hoik does on each frame, he may become misaligned...
  17. Programmatic

PC A Wiring Tip a Day

I did do a second week of the guide here, but I haven't done any more tutorials since then. I've been busy lately, so it might be a while before I start posting more Terraria content.
  18. Programmatic

PC Complete 60 bit RAM with display and reset

It looks like your RAM is actually a matrix of 60x49 bits, making it able to store 2940 bits. Also, is your RAM meant to be general purpose, or specifically for animation? It seems like you can only read each column sequentially, rather than being able to read any bit at any time.
  19. Programmatic

PC Even More Compact RAM

In a single block of RAM, there is a large stack of 256 registers, each of which store 1 byte. When the multiplexer on the left sends a pulse to the currently selected register, the contents of that register are swapped with an external register near the top of the stack. You can then easily...
  20. Programmatic

PC Even More Compact RAM

Are you asking how my RAM works, or how well it works in my computer?
Back
Top Bottom