Search results for query: *

1. Programmatic

Showcase [Showcase] TerraByte, the 16 Bit Programmable Computer

Introducing TerraByte, the first fully functioning programmable computer in Terraria: This computer uses a custom-made architecture consisting of 16 different instructions and 16 registers. The computer can run programs consisting of up to 1024 instructions and has 32 kb of RAM In...
  2. Programmatic

PC TEdit Issue

Have any other TEdit users here had a problem recently where the main editor window appears completely blank? I've only gotten this problem recently, so I believe it might have something to due with Windows 10's recent update, as it has caused other applications to act strangely for me as well.
  3. Programmatic

PC Final RAM Design and Update on the Computer Project

So I've been mostly absent from T-MEC for a while due to college, but I want to say that I have not given up on my plan to make a working computer in Terraria. Now that I'm on Thanksgiving break, I've finally managed to finalize my design for a 64 KB RAM chip. I've also gotten rid of my 16 bit...
  4. Programmatic

PC 16 Bit ALU

In computer processors, the ALU (Arithmetic / Logic Unit) is the component designed to perform the fundamental arithmetic (add, subtract, increment, decrement, and arithmetic shifts) and logical (AND, OR, XOR, NOT, logical shifts, and rotations) operations of the processor. From these operations...
  5. Programmatic

PC Even More Compact RAM

As I continued working on the CPU for my programmable computer, I had a sudden realization that led to the creation of an even more compact RAM chip than I had before. In my old design, I had two logic gates per bit: one to read, and one to write. However, I noticed that I could configure my...
  6. Programmatic

PC Compact Hard Drive

This hard drive is a slightly modified version of the one I presented in the "Let's Make Some Hard Drives" thread (https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/lets-make-some-hard-drives.43916/page-2#post-1056562). The main difference is that this one uses a new design for the read/write...
  7. Programmatic

PC Extremely Compact RAM

I've been experimenting with storage devices for a while, and I've come up with what might be the most compact RAM chip possible. The chip I made uses a 12-bit input to select one of 4096 different 8-bit values to read from or write to. Each memory cell uses an AND gate to read and a faulty lamp...
  8. Programmatic

PC Nim in Terraria

Nim is a very simple game that involves two players taking turns subtracting items from some list. Each player must subtract between 1 and some upper limit on their turn, and whoever removes the last item on their turn wins. In the game of Nim that I created, the position of a torch represents...
  9. Programmatic

PC Sorting Algorithm in Terraria

So I got bored and decided to make a sorting machine in Terraria. The device uses a sorting algorithm called "bubble sort," in which each item in a list is compared with the one before it, swapping them if they are out of order. The algorithm compares every pair of items before performing the...
  10. Programmatic

PC A Wiring Tip a Day: Week 2

Having missed multiple days in a row due to being either sick or busy over the past week, I decided to wait until the weekend to continue with my daily posts. Anyway, It's time for another week of A Wiring Tip a Day, and at this point, things are going to get more complex. Tip #7: Stack devices...
  11. Programmatic

PC A Wiring Tip a Day

So it's been a while since a made a post on this forum. I've been busy lately, and I haven't been able to complete any large projects recently. So, until I come up with something big to make, I decided I would try something new. I'm going to create a tutorial, but instead of just one big guide...
  12. Programmatic

PC [Project Update] Calculator: Fully Decimal I/O, Float Multiply and Divide

Now that I've made some good progress on my floating point + order of operations calculator, so I decided to show you all its 3 newest components. Decimal input and output room: A lot of logic gate's aren't visible because of the shadow paint. What's hidden are a bunch of BCD digit ->...
  13. Programmatic

PC [Work in Progress] Floating Point Calculator with Order of Operations

I've begun working on a floating point calculator that supports parentheses and the order of operations. However, since this will take a very long time to make, I've decided to reveal my work so far. First of all, I should probably explain what floating point is. Floating point is a special form...
  14. Programmatic

Showcase (Showcase) TRULY Instant Quad-Directional Shift Register

After seeing idkwhoiam129's post about his quad-directional shift register (http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/showcase-2d-matrix-instant-quad-directional-shift-register.47162/) I decided to try making my own. What I ended up with was a super compact shift register that can complete a...
  15. Programmatic

PC Expandable Shift-and-Add Binary Multiplier

So about a year and a half ago I made a hoik-based binary multiplier that uses the shift-and-add method (as opposed to the simpler but slower repeated addition method). This multiplier was rather large and also still quite slow (taking up to about 24 hoik line passes): (Credit to...
Back
Top Bottom