Search results for query: *

1. D

How would Terraria in 3D be like?

Maybe something like the 3D Metroids + Minecraft. The main way Minecraft comes up short is its crappy combat system and mediocre progression compared to games like Metroid or Terraria. I don't think there's any reason why it couldn't work. Though you might also want ways to build lines...
  2. D

*DEVS* Did you even playtest 1.4 master mode??? #OVERTUNED

I agree that stat increases do increase difficulty in a certain sense, but the problem is that increasing health beyond a point will mostly make things more tedious. And in this way, it can make more sense for all hits to be KOs than to keep upping health -- of course, Terraria isn't designed...
  3. D

*DEVS* Did you even playtest 1.4 master mode??? #OVERTUNED

Yeah, I can't imagine just playing Master Mode. My wife and I have used it in Journey Mode for some boss fights. That's it. We normally have things on expert otherwise.
  4. D

PC Goblin and Mechanic relationship....

Seems pretty clear they are into each other, but I don't think they've ever talked to each other about it. I always have them live close to each other.
  5. D

Anyone Else Hate The Pylon System?

It lets you combine the two systems together for easier transport and more direct transport, which I think is a plus. So you could have all of the pylons and 4 teleportors at each and have one click to get to any destination. It's not just that it saves on wires, it makes the wiring a lot...
  6. D

Anyone Else Hate The Pylon System?

The only thing I'd like is wire connectivity. 1. Pylon Crystals can be bought. Wire it to a teleporter and you go to the pylon that corresponds to the crystal. 2. It would also be nice to have a Pylon Conduit. Also for teleporters. Place a teleporter. Connect it to the conduit. Place a pylon...
  7. D

Is Terraria 2 vaporware?

I can understand them not going 3D, but I do agree 3D would be really cool. There's a lot more you can do in a 3D world in terms of building. I'd like wire system that's not based on pulses would be great too (like Starbound). I also admit I try to get Minecraft to have some sort of fun...
  8. D

PC Summoner Discussion - What could be done to make it more viable?

I think it is pretty clear that they've decided to make this a more significant class than it started out. It's just not quite there yet. Honestly, when we're talking about a few changes to drop rates or alternative means of getting some items, and a few changes to existing items, and a few more...
  9. D

100% agree that there need to be more weapons other than whips, or just have summoners be hybrids could work for that too. I do feel like weapons like the bee gun and bee's knees should also be summoner friendly if not summoner weapons (same with beenade). They create little creatures. That's...
  10. D

The Vampire Frogs got me thinking that summons need secondary abilities. Like the frogs and some other should steal life from enemies and give it to you. Others could up you defense or reduce enemy attack or any number of other debuffs or buffs. Maybe some could have a chance to block ranged...
  11. D

Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Then you are not being remotely clear. You are the one who said this would be like a pressure plate. How is it not like something that activates when pressure is applied to it? If it is not like that, then say how it isn't. If it is, then walking on it or pushing against it doesn't matter --...
  12. D

I'd like to see the mechanisms given multiple uses and either have an option menu come up if you right-click on them or a screwdriver added which when used on a mechanism would open up such a menu. A lot of ideas that are posted would work perfectly well as additional functions of existing...
  13. D

This is not remotely a problem. Pressure plates would have 2 bits of code. One for very close proximity activation, another for walking activation. One bit of code is used if they are placed on a wall or ceiling, another bit of code is used if they are placed on the ground. Potentially one...
  14. D

I'm not following what you mean here. How is this "hard switch" that works like pressure plates but on the side of a block, not the same as allowing pressure plates to be placed on the side of blocks? Sure, a little extra coding would be needed so that it would be activated by touching it from...
  15. D

Eh, how is that different from making it so that you can place pressure plates on the sides of blocks? Seems more economical to do that.
  16. D

There's a certain advantage to mechanisms where the actors don't despawn, aren't NPCs you might have other uses for, and never have multiplayer issues. Anyhow, feel free to give me an example of something useful in-game that requires 1/60s timers. I don't think it exists. It is only useful if...
  17. D

You could always make a crab or bird timer. But I agree it would be nice to see faster timers. I don't think 1/60th of a second is necessary for almost anything in the game though. Anything you can do with hoiktronics will be something you can do with logic gates in a lot less space and a lot...
  18. D

All of that is possible with logic gates and timers. Logic gates let you make counters, which can delay an action a fixed amount of time. A NAND gate lets you have a signal sent down a wire if it is "off" (just have it branch to the NAND and a normal one for being on and you're down). Why...
  19. D

PC [Semi-Spoiler] Why is Melee Turning into a Ranged Class?

Swords, Spears, Flails to start. Lots of close range fighting that's different. Of course, if you had multiple ways to attack/use a weapon, then that could add more variety still. So variety can be really good. As for skill, one could easily make a case that positioning, movement, and having...
  20. D

PC I have finished a worthy base!

Third-party solutions doesn't mean a game deficiency doesn't exist.
Back
Top Bottom