Search results for query: *

1. Stonetribe

Weapons & Equip Is the post bounce damage penalty for Chlorophyte arrows really necessary?

Huh, I was not expecting to be hit with actual equations like that. I'll be honest and admit still having trouble making sense of it, so I think that I'm just going to have to concede and assume that yes, the post bounce damage penalty really is necessary.
  2. Stonetribe

Weapons & Equip Is the post bounce damage penalty for Chlorophyte arrows really necessary?

I honestly don't understand what you're trying to get at here. First you say that crystal darts are ridiculously op, then you tell me that the other darts are vastly superior in certain situations, but now you're saying that they're allowed to be insanely strong, but apparently crystal darts are...
  3. Stonetribe

Wait, but even without the multi target damage potential crystal darts can still smart bounce once against a single boss with no damage penalty. So why does it only become an issue with Chlorophyte arrows? Again, you're contradicting yourself. And again, it'd be fine if chlorophyte arrows...
  4. Stonetribe

I don't think that's quite the case. Chlorophyte bullets absolutely can swerve around corners to hit enemies that aren't in your line of sight, but if chlorophyte arrows bounced normally then they could navigate around even more corners, and I totally support that because it sounds hella fun...
  5. Stonetribe

I was more referring to how enemies moving away from you can be an inconvenience, kind of like how too much knockback can make melee less effective. Huh, yeah you're totally right. Not sure how I came to that conclusion, maybe I was just getting some unlucky damage numbers? I dunno, there's no...
  6. Stonetribe

I'd support removing the post bounce damage penalty for nanite bullets as well seeing as how confusion can be a bit of a double edged sword in some cases. Also, upon closer examination I read that with nanite bullets, the damage penalty applies only to the bullets base damage and not your total...
  7. Stonetribe

Hmm, yeah I can see that this isn't going anywhere. Have a good one then.
  8. Stonetribe

I'm not saying that the smart bounce can't be helpful, I just don't see why the smart bounce effect is powerful enough to also warrant a whooping 33% penalty to your overall damage. You're correct, I was mistaken about the partial damage amount, though I don't think that the stars are affected...
  9. Stonetribe

It's definitely something, but considering how you're by no means guaranteed to hit your target after missing due to the limitations I've pointed out, I really don't think that a 33% penalty is also necessary. But holy arrows exist, allowing you to potentially deal two instances of 50% of your...
  10. Stonetribe

Even though I feel like it has enough limitations as is, I can understand not wanting the base damage to not be as high if the smart bouncing is really that strong of an effect. The thing is, the penalty doesn't apply to just the arrow's base damage itself, it applies to your total damage...
  11. Stonetribe

They have above average velocity so there's a pretty good chance that it will hit your intended target so long as it's within smart bounce range at the point of impact, but it's definitely not guaranteed. And during an event with lots of enemies, it's almost certain to hit something, though...
  12. Stonetribe

I can understand not wanting both Chlorophyte arrows and bullets having the exact same homing effect, if anything it's more interesting and offers more variety. The thing that confuses me is why Chlorophyte arrows also incur a damage penalty just for making use of their intended effect. That is...
  13. Stonetribe

This is something that I've been wondering about for a while now because it always seemed kind of tacked on to me. Why do Chlorophyte arrows have a damage penalty for a pseudo homing effect when their bullet counter part has actual and much more reliable homing? Maybe there's some scenario or...
  14. Stonetribe

Items Am I the only one who wishes the Binoculars were more accessible?

Their uses are pretty limited by themselves, but they can be really helpful when combined with spelunker/hunter potions and the metal detector/lifeform analyzer, especially in prehard mode. And granted, The Eye of Cthulu is probably the most farmable boss in the game, but the drop chance is...
  15. Stonetribe

Other Please make chests have a higher priority than life crystals on the metal detector

Even if there was no way to adjust the priority, either by choice or automatically, I'd still love it if chests were naturally higher than life crystals.
  16. Stonetribe

Weapons & Equip I think that the Molten Quiver should get the Fire Gauntlet treatment

Uh, hi ya'll. I haven't posted in quite a while but with 1.4.5 just around the corner I wanted to throw this out there on the off chance that a dev might see and/or consider it. For the longest time I thought it was kind of weird that the molten quiver still inflicted the on fire debuff when the...
  17. Stonetribe

Resolved 1.4.1 Torch God Event not working?

I am aware of these requirements, but thanks. I use 100 torches exactly placed as closely together as possible in a 10 by 10 pattern. It's just weird because I've never had trouble with the Torch God in the past. Now that I think about it though, I think I've heard of people having trouble with...
  18. Stonetribe

Resolved 1.4.1 Torch God Event not working?

I'm sure it's probably just me being stupid but this is driving me crazy and I can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with the new update. Is anyone else having trouble getting the torch god event to start? I've been trying for about an hour now but it' just won't happen. At first I...
  19. Stonetribe

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Yeah I saw that detail on the wiki was changed. I guess they're still figuring it out, but I really hope that this is the actual case. I know that it's dumb but I think that this is pretty much the only thing about 1.4 that bothered me. Sorry, I'll uh, shut up about it now.
  20. Stonetribe

Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

So I just recently found out that (If the wiki is correct that is) that golden lady bugs provide twice the luck bonus than regular ones. This doesn't quite sit well with me as I feel like keeping some lady bugs in your inventory, regularly releasing one, having to physically touch it, and then...
Back
Top Bottom