Search results for query: *

1. Venus ♀✦

PC Has nebula armor got any nerfs beside the regeneration one?

i'm not sure if it's in the changelog, but buffs are now also generated only by magic damage--minions no longer make buffs, and neither do ranged or melee weapons. i've had no trouble generating buffs with most magic weapons in boss fights: i've mostly noticed the difference in farming and...
  2. Venus ♀✦

CC Creation Compendium #60

good job all!! these look great :o
  3. Venus ♀✦

Game Mechanics the spellcasting rework: an alternative magic resource system for combat, and supporting concepts.

thank you for your support! i understand your concerns, and i do agree that having a variety of equipment effects is definitely a key part of terraria's design. however, i think even very powerful effects would mostly be outweighed in player choice by tiered damage values. it's not that i'm...
  4. Venus ♀✦

Game Mechanics the spellcasting rework: an alternative magic resource system for combat, and supporting concepts.

that's fair! although i explained my position at the beginning of the post, i'd like to go into a little more detail here. i personally feel mana is distinct from the other unique class effects in that it presents a requirement (you need mana to use spells) but doesn't make fulfilling that...
  5. Venus ♀✦

a cc entry from me! [img] link: https://imgur.com/yqGJpKz

a cc entry from me! link: https://imgur.com/yqGJpKz
  6. Venus ♀✦

thank you!! and that's a good point! aesthetically speaking, i think there should be more options for your iconic magical tool than just staves. while i'm not sure whether they should show up on your character in the first place, there's no reason a bunch of "staves" in the game couldn't be...
  7. Venus ♀✦

so i've finished all the early hardmode spells! i added them to the original post, but just in case you weren't going to scroll up there again, here they are also: post1 back to top. • thank you!! i've considered that, since there's technically no need to have six tiers of staves for three...
  8. Venus ♀✦

hey, everyone! this suggestion is going to be a bit long, so i'll add a preamble. this is a proposed alternative to the existing magic and mana system that terraria uses, as well as a redesign of most magic weapons and equipment to match. in this concept, four things are done: a mechanic based...
  9. Venus ♀✦

Do people actually use the Mana Flower?

It should probably be mentioned that Super Mana Potions restore 300 mana per use, and Greater Mana Potions only restore 200. Maximum mana with Nebula Armor and Clairvoyance is 280, so to minimise the severity of Mana Sickness, Super Mana Potions are more or less necessary. With access to a...
  10. Venus ♀✦

What does your character look like?

I'm still trying to find an outfit that looks anything close to passable, but I'd like to mention for the record that Twilight Dye and the Nebula Mantle interact very well. The Martian Dye looks pretty good, too.
  11. Venus ♀✦

@Sodapone @Alaron Well, that's a lot of positive points! Thank you for the responses. I'll probably go and try it out, now.
  12. Venus ♀✦

With the introduction of the Last Prism, I've started to use the Mana Flower - partly because, alongside Clairvoyance, it reduces mana cost for a Mystic Last Prism from 8 to 7, which is pretty significant in terms of minimising how often one has to use potions, and partly because I often forget...
  13. Venus ♀✦

PC [1.3 Tutorial] How to Add, Change or Remove borders for your ingame cursor/mouse!

This is precisely what I've been looking for! Thank you very much. I think you may be correct about being incorrect about the way to input the colour code, however. I tried to make the border a dark greenish-blue, and ended up in-game with a dark greenish-yellow instead. On the other hand, when...
  14. Venus ♀✦

How to stop final boss?

Ah, yes, sorry. I was misinformed - I should have double-checked. I'm not aware of any other way to prevent the boss from spawning, unfortunately. If you do spawn it, however, and it kills you, it will disappear, and the world will return to its normal state.
  15. Venus ♀✦

How to stop final boss?

The pillars should disappear if you quit the world and then return. It's worth trying to destroy them, though - the fragments they drop can be used to craft new weapons even without Luminite from the final boss.
  16. Venus ♀✦

Daimera's Content Tavern

To my knowledge, the forum software does that automatically for any tag that covers multiple paragraphs when you post. I've seen it happen several times with my own. Also, your art is simply fantastic. Thank you very much for showing it to us!
  17. Venus ♀✦

Short Story Full Recovery Expected

I'd like to mention that I am very much familiar with the feeling of having an unorthodox story idea coalesce inside one's head and stubbornly refuse to go away until it has been written. It's led to some of my best work in the past. Perhaps that has resulted in a bit of bias on my part, but I'd...
  18. Venus ♀✦

Short Story Full Recovery Expected

Well, this is just amazing! I don't think I've come across such a well-written short story in this forum before. It's perfectly structured and carries the atmosphere very well indeed. Thank you very much for posting it.
  19. Venus ♀✦

Poetry A cursed paladin's verses

I apologise for that, then. I didn't intend to specify an acceptable range of failure—there is no limit to genius; I only wanted to properly acknowledge the effort that had gone into the work. Please, keep writing!
  20. Venus ♀✦

Poetry A cursed paladin's verses

Oh! I didn't notice you weren't a native English speaker. I apologise if I sounded a bit abrasive because of that. Starting out with a smaller English vocabulary increases the difficulty of grappling with poetic verse ten times over, and I definitely haven't given you enough credit for producing...
Back
Top Bottom