Search results for query: *

• Users: Vent
  • Order by date
  1. Vent

Guide Automating the Construction of Hoiks

Ack! I'm terrible. I actually bound my grapple to x just as an "out of the way" key, and then have an AutoHotkey hotkey that binds right mouseclick to "x". Its really nice I'm not sure why the game won't allow you to bind right mouse to grapple by default. (I use "r" for use and open.) I'm...
  2. Vent

Question Question: Exact numbers for vertical spawn surfaces

Yep, lava surface below. The tube below will be (eventually) a hoik down only, magic mirror to return, so top should be safe. Thanks! Also... probably going to use your fallen star collector and have the stars fall right down the center. Should be awesome!
  3. Vent

So the reason I was curious about this was so that I could make a compact base that, no matter where you are in the base, and no matter what invasion is going on, no spawns are possible. Here's the result so far, good enough to give the general idea (still a WIP): Yah the banners are totally...
  4. Vent

Question Question: Invasions and NPC's

I thought, for example, with a king statue or a housed NPC, that you could pull an invasion to another part of the world. Perhaps not during but at least before the invasion begins. Ultimately my question is, what factors determine exactly what coordinates invasion mobs will spawn. Questions...
  5. Vent

Sorry, by the safety bubble, I meant the NPC's lowering spawn rates. From http://terraria.wiki.gg/NPC
  6. Vent

Does anyone know exactly how far the player can be from an NPC before an invasion will no longer spawn its specific mobs? Does this correspond in some way to the "safety" bubble generated by NPC's? Sorry for all the questions... I *am* digging through the forums before wasting people's time...
  7. Vent

Wait... the outer spawn limit is 82 blocks? I thought it was 84. Man I'm such a newb. Maybe we should update the Wiki? Is that possible?
  8. Vent

Question Question: Best way to hoik mobs sideways

After the mech bosses, teleporter mob grinders seem to be the most efficient. Until then, is it best to use horizontal hoiks for a mob grinder? I noticed after making a mob grinder like this that occasionally mobs are driven through the floor and fall down to my lava pit below (which is there to...
  9. Vent

So, the Wiki claims that the player has a 35 block safe zone above and below him, inside of which mobs won't spawn. But it doesn't state exactly where that 35 blocks originates from. I dug through these forums and found one reference to the "center" of the player, but that's not very clear to...
  10. Vent

Guide Automating Fishing

If you have flower boots, you just make a little patch of jungle and hold down mouse1 with the golden bug net. Add this to your AutoHotkey: ;*** HOLD DOWN MOUSE1 ;* z::Send % "{Click " . ( GetKeyState("LButton") ? "Up}" : "Down}" ) The above picture is from this Steam guide. Edit...
  11. Vent

Guide Automating Fishing

All it does is check for pixel color changes and send mouse and keyboard clicks, so I don't think it can corrupt your files. =)
  12. Vent

Guide Automating Fishing

Thatgamer & ManaUser, thanks for catching that! I edited my post to include the compare function. I don't know how I missed that. Papabear, I'm glad you like it! I was so impressed with your post - very clever. It wasn't too bad opening the 2500 crates. I basically just sat there spamming the...
  13. Vent

So yesterday, while building the DicemanX Truffle Farm, I noticed that this script works for vertical hoiks, as well. I don't know why that wasn't obvious to me right away. Not enough sleep and too much coffee. The normal conditions still have to be observed (hoik line is straight, blocks are...
  14. Vent

Guide Automating Fishing

So, fishing is tedious and hateful. I have a script for that. This uses Autohotkey. First, some important notes: - This script is a development of a script written by the glow. His original can be found in a thread here. Many parts of the code below are taken directly from his. He should...
  15. Vent

Showcase [Showcase] Truffle Worm Autofarm: 390 Worms/hr + 50 Plat/hr (Bonus: Best Way to Farm Dev Armor)

Joe, Since I'm on a multiplayer server, it's important not to have the blocks actuating constantly when I'm not farming. Otherwise random actuating blocks get out of sync. I'm sure this isn't any kind of revelation to you, but I thought others would like to see: I added actuators to the dummy...
  16. Vent

Thanks Stahn, that's most helpful. I went back and added the CODE tags.
  17. Vent

This is my first post. Many thanks to so many contributing authors here that I've been borrowing from for months now, especially ZeroGravitas, Blackshadowwin, and DicemanX. I apologize if I'm repeating something that's already been discussed here. === I noticed the other day that the...
Back
Top Bottom