Search results for query: *

1. Gammaboy45

Showcase Animated Gigachad Via 2000 Terraria Pixelboxes

I figured TEdit would've had to be of some help. Even then, 2 days to get all the logic sorted is a tall order. Did you have to manually input the binary to ROM, or did you find a handy way to interface that into TEdit? Personally, I think Terraria wiring's greatest barrier to entry is that its...
  2. Gammaboy45

Showcase Animated Gigachad Via 2000 Terraria Pixelboxes

2 days... surely you didn't place every bit by hand, right? Easily the most impressive work of Terraria engineering I've seen. I've always been of the opinion that Terraria's wiring system is needlessly confused, and I guess this goes to show that miracles are indeed possible.
  3. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

Check the discord, there's beta versions for 1.4 available for direct installation. Latest release seems pretty stable.
  4. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

I really love the aesthetic of the suits in this mod, and I kinda' wanted to play around with it a bit. I guess you could consider this "fan art". Knowing that we probably won't be up to Metroid Dread content for some time I wanted to try my hand at envisioning what (spoiler) would look like...
  5. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

Potion of cooling? Maybe another use for some ice fishing, either reduces heat buildup or causes heat to dissipate faster when the power beam is not being used. Unfortunately, even vanilla class-oriented potions are pretty limited. Outside of wrath and rage, most classes only really benefit from...
  6. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Right Click Attacks not working

I've got the first three and then some, I'm starting to suspect Metroid mod might play a part in it. I can get right click to work occasionally for items like the Stellar Array from The Stars Above, but usually only when I first load into a world.
  7. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

could be an overlay, if such a thing is possible. Give an effect as if we're peering *through* the tiles to see the player in a moving lift. Background tiles between the two lifts would simply have this overlay fully rendered. Might not be quite as exciting, but probably the only flashy way of...
  8. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

ooooh boy I really do want to see what elevators could look like. Sure, teleporters/ropes do that job for vanilla but just the idea of riding a platform down to the underworld instead is incredibly interesting to me.
  9. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

I do agree, but I'm just going off of how it's currently scaled. I honestly do want to see all the greats represented in some form, but the discussion started with Tourian so I was just kinda' giving a fair assumption. This is partly where I wish more liberties could be taken with expanding this...
  10. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

Golden Torizo is post-golem, Ridley canonically is post-gold torizo. Likely pre-ML but post-cultist. I could see Tourian being inaccessible until after you get access to post-ML equipment, but some rescaling might be necessary to make that work. A higher pickaxe power might also need to exist...
  11. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

Honestly, I think subworlds could be pretty neat just because it allows you to put those map-making aspects to use and make proper metroid environments/rooms. Perhaps a lot of subworlds are accessible through portals around the main world, but they are intraversible without certain upgrades.
  12. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Adventure Mode

I saw the charges... very VERY much looking forward to having a hold on them, although I can't access them until I get my hands on some obsidian. Also, just got a message once the dryad arrived. Guess I had the right idea >.>
  13. Gammaboy45

Was unaware of heightened gem prices, definitely makes the dropping from jars thing a bit more useful. And yeah, you're definitely right about mage as a class. Even in vanilla it's a pain to commit at early game, and as such I really should've used the ores more effectively. Another idea I had...
  14. Gammaboy45

Sorry if I was a bit unclear, my general issue is just how the early learning curve is unsatisfying as a result of the restrictions. I was suggesting the mod wasn't railroaded *quite* enough, in that I found myself spending more time figuring out what my objective really was. I found my first...
  15. Gammaboy45

For me, it was partly due to starting in expert- being unable to access the underground stuck me with the *good* but unreliable revolver. I'd get swarmed by bandits, and have to start another trek through the world to reach where I was. As for where this was compounded by the pack itself, the...
  16. Gammaboy45

this pack is pain. Took me several hours just to break into the underground.
  17. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

hell yeah... greatest mod of all time and the newest version? also part of me wants the hyper beam to be a daytime empress drop. Not likely, although I do hope some day we get something to take that spot...
  18. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

I was actually just trying that. Early game damage scaling is a a bit behind so far, though. I'm also finding the experience a bit less transformative, given that metroid mod items are all a separate class and (to my knowledge) they do not receive benefit from anything other than unclassed bonuses.
  19. Gammaboy45

tModLoader Metroid Mod

Not too big on modded, but this mod is near perfection. A bit on the powerful side for normal mode, but I will probably use it for expert in the future. However, I found the power-scaling very exciting. It *felt* like metroid, and that should be saying something. Really hope the transition to...
Back
Top Bottom