Search results for query: *

• Users: Tyro
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Tyro

A few simple requests

I'd like help with the following if anyone is feeling inspired: * Good looking farms (planter boxes, not autofarms) for shiverthorn and deathweed. I've worked out good designs for every other plant, but the best I've been able to do for shiverthorn is a walk in freezer, and deathweed has me...
  2. Tyro

Game Mechanics Make the luck stat viewable pre-hardmode

Maybe the Guide could give you hints and the wizard would give more precise numbers? And please add an info accessory - that would be handy when building arenas and the like.
  3. Tyro

Other Suggested UI changes

*Let players turn off vine harvesting via UI. This is especially important if a party member has the guide to plant fiber cordage on, as there's no way to turn it off yourself. *Give us a UI setting similar to the ruler to turn on/off the tile grid (the menu setting grid, not the mechanical...
  4. Tyro

New vanity (1.4)

I'd love to see what folks are doing with the new gear to make their toons look amazing. PS: Could someone post a rainbow goth look? I want to build a mage that's dark and edgy but uses sparkly rainbow weapons.
  5. Tyro

Local bases & fishing holes

Post the builds you're most proud of. Here's a jungle fishing base I just built. I might lower the whole thing a few tiles, as I'm having issues with wandering eyes and bats. The initial design lacked the trapdoor up top, and now that I've added that it makes more sense to have it closer to the...
  6. Tyro

PC 1.4/Journey's End updates

Is there a list somewhere of which popular mods are getting updated promptly for 1.4/Journey's End? I really don't want to have to do without Helpful Hotkeys and Auto Trash (assuming those functions aren't added to the core game). And people running Thorium etc. won't be able to play at all...
  7. Tyro

Let's build some prisons!

In my world the tax collector was arrested for predatory banking practices, his ill-gotten fortune now distributed from time to time among the people. I plan to build a jail cell with adjoining treasure room (inspired by the curse of Tantalus), and I would love inspiration if folks were to build...
  8. Tyro

Base building tips

A build thread showcasing different cool things you can incorporate into your home base, assuming you're like me and perfect one world (or several if you decide your design is a failure and try again) while mining the crap out of disposable others. I'll keep links to specific posts here via...
  9. Tyro

Other Dyeable weapons

As topic. Should also affect particles, similar to the Rocket/Spectre/Frostspark boots, and summons.
  10. Tyro

Minimum height for sky fishing

I've yet to catch a single sky lake fish in my (natural) sky lake, even with a golden fishing pole and Master Bait; I think it spawned too low. What's the minimum height on a Large world? I'm hoping I can just build a high platform for sky fishing, if it's close enough to the necessary altitude.
  11. Tyro

Hellevators

I've never built a Hellevator fancier than "3 wide, platforms on the right, lined both sides". I want to do better. Please post your coolest Hellevators so we can all benefit from your creations :D
  12. Tyro

Evil spread and background walls

Can evil spread from background walls to foreground? I've noticed the corruption I planted to convert my desert once I enter hard mode has spread along background walls and now I'm not sure it's safe to kill the WoF without first knocking out the walls in my quarantine shafts. TIA!
  13. Tyro

Request: Quick start mod

I'd love a mod which started you with a chest containing a few basics (a couple of star and heart crystals, wooden bow, iron broadsword, iron armor, wand of sparking, anvil, workbench, a little cash, etc). You could configure item type & quantity through mod settings.
  14. Tyro

Evil thorns

According to the wiki thorny bushes from the corruption/crimson spread their respective evil, but the wiki doesn't specify how. Do they have to actually touch uncorrupted materials or do they spread it in a radius like corrupted blocks?
  15. Tyro

Off screen mechanisms

I know a lot of stuff doesn't update properly if there isn't a player within ~2 screens (IIRC). Fluid dynamics in particular do strange things if nobody has eyes on the liquid in question. Is it possible to set up a block synthesizer (a mechanism which creates compound blocks like obsidian...
  16. Tyro

Game Mechanics Make the very edges of the map actually accessible

As it is I've had ocean chests spawn in places which are visible on the map, but impossible (AFAICT anyway) to get to. It's also a potential problem if you've dug a quarantine tunnel just above the Cavern layer (since altar smashing makes evil in the Cavern layer specifically) to prevent...
  17. Tyro

Items Whisper Box

An announcement box which only sends announcements to players within X blocks, or only players of X team(s). Maybe "whisper box" for the former and a separate "team announcement box" for the latter, the color of which could be toggled. I want to put heads up warnings in my subway for upcoming...
  18. Tyro

Multi biome arenas

First off, please don't tell me to "just use the search function" without providing helpful links. I'm in a ludicrous amount of pain despite having 4 different painkillers in my system, one of which is morphine. My focus isn't the best. Is it possible to build an arena which can be used for all...
  19. Tyro

Whisper announcements?

Is there any way to set up an announcement box so it only sends a message to one player? I want to put heads up warnings in my subway for upcoming forks without broadcasting to the whole server.
  20. Tyro

Spawn Bunkers

I like building a bunker at spawn and building most of my NPC housing elsewhere (with the exceptions of the nurse, dryad, and arms dealer). Lockdown levers seal most entrances & activate emergency lighting and traps, and broadcast a message warning people of this fact. Spawn bunker: Lockdown...
Back
Top Bottom