Search results for query: *

1. OlleWernersson

Blocks & Decoration - WORLD DESTROYER - For Adventure Map & Lots of Fun!

How could a player obtain this super bomb?
  2. OlleWernersson

Game Mechanics No more Zombies on our Roofs!

As the Wraith can move through blocks, I can't see why it would be included in the list of enemies affected by this feature. And it is not included now. So, good news for you! The way that Wraiths spawn near your base won't be affected by this feature :D Honestly, I've wanted a way to deal with...
  3. OlleWernersson

I'm really glad you asked this question! I think asking why something simpler can't be as good of a solution is exactly the kind of question we should be asking. If it is simpler, less work will have to be done to implement it, and it will be easier to understand. There might be some problems...
  4. OlleWernersson

This is correct; the checker moves along the surface if there is no surface line tile above, which in the situation in that GIF results in that platform becoming a part of the surface line. Which in turn results in walking enemies being able to spawn on the platform and anywhere below it. The...
  5. OlleWernersson

We are not trying to add as much realism as we can here; we are trying to enhance the overall positive gameplay experience. To directly answer your first question: No, we are not exactly suggesting that enemies shouldn't be able to reach places they couldn't reasonably reach. We are suggesting...
  6. OlleWernersson

We have added a new GIF showing how you could easily make any farm in the sky have walking enemies spawn on them if that is of any concern. We've also included a GIF showing how walls would become effective with this feature. The yellow line represents the surface line, and the red line...
  7. OlleWernersson

I can't see anyone who has explained why events are impossible. Again, there is no event in which there are only walking enemies, so I don't understand what you mean by "enemies can't get in"? Of course, the whole point is that this will make it harder for walking enemies to get in if you have...
  8. OlleWernersson

What part of the comment by @Eye-o'-Cthulhu🌳🎃 do you agree with? I don't want to repeat myself as I responded to that comment, but the devs haven't actually commented on this thread. This feature is not meant to make building easier, as it is in Journey Mode. Neither is it true that it would...
  9. OlleWernersson

Glad to hear you liked the idea! Peace candles and towns are certainly helpful in many situations! There are certainly people who are annoyed by walking enemies in arenas, whether it be during boss fights or events. You are right that many bosses spawn minions, thereby reducing the spawn rate...
  10. OlleWernersson

It is targeted towards builders, but every Terraria player builds something. ;) whether it be just one hotel or arena. But even if you build nothing, this could affect the roof of the dungeon, for example. Which Terraria game developer has commented on this, saying "high effort for low result"...
  11. OlleWernersson

I appreciate your perspective, but it seems there have been instances where players were bothered by enemies in their builds, as I've pointed out with examples. It's important to consider various experiences and viewpoints when discussing these matters. As mentioned earlier, having walking...
  12. OlleWernersson

All the negative effects that you've mentioned that you are concerned about are: So, let me consider these negative effects with an open mind and ask you more about them, while at the same time sharing our view on them. Let's begin with "this would require a rework of the spawning system."...
  13. OlleWernersson

Oh, I wasn't aware of this. Thank you for informing us! :) Oh, that is wonderful news! :D I wouldn't know exactly what the optimal solution for the checker going through the world here is. Perhaps it would be better to have it scanning more locally where the players are and building. By...
  14. OlleWernersson

Again, you say that this is a major "change," but what about the current spawning system needs to change? (Except when a walking enemy defined by our list is to be spawned, it has to check if the block is below/on or above.) I see no reason why the calculations on the surface line has to be...
  15. OlleWernersson

@Heath04🌳 Thank you so much for such a well-structured response with illustrative gifs. (I have to work on making higher quality and bigger gifs like yours :D ) I'm really glad that we received these wonderful answers when we asked about the game engine. I never expected any response, but I was...
  16. OlleWernersson

Why does anything have to be rewritten, though? Can't the current design just be an addition to the existing spawning system? We have defined the surface line in the implementation guidelines, and it is this definition that I'm using when speaking of the 'surface line.' Perhaps not many people...
  17. OlleWernersson

The idea is that if the block considered for spawning a walking enemy is above the surface line, then it wouldn't spawn. So you would have to build "roofs" such that the checker never reaches that level. This could be achieved by creating a platform that is always 8 blocks or higher above the...
  18. OlleWernersson

Weapons & Equip A Magic Weapon That Inflicts the Midas Debuff

@Aceplante Thank you for further explaining what you meant here; now I understand more about where you are coming from. What you bring up feels very relevant to what needs to be considered while designing a weapon like this.
  19. OlleWernersson

Finally had some time to work on this idea, mostly focusing on improving the communication about where this idea comes from and why we feel it would be worthwhile to implement. @a really far away planet You have made some comments about this post that I can't find to be very constructive...
  20. OlleWernersson

Game Mechanics Minecart things

Keeping momentum when hopping on a minecart is something I was going to suggest! Anyways, I would really appreciate it if this were possible somehow, although I haven't thought about it enough to figure out how that would work. Regarding the second point, only affecting acceleration when moving...
Back
Top Bottom