Search results for query: *

1. Stahn Aileron

Game Mechanics Wiring Request: Conduit Blocks & Junction Box Layer Change

So I've gotten back into wiring once more mainly to help me set up some farms. I've noticed some things that have made wiring a little harder to do inside well-established builds (read: things made without prior thought to wiring). So here's something to think about if feature changes/additions...
  2. Stahn Aileron

PC New Rendering for Hi-res Support Causes a Shimmer Effect

I play on a 1920x1200 screen (16:10 / 8:5, not 16:9). I started Terraria up to see what's new and test it out. While looking at the new in-game option menus, I noticed something odd for the zoom: it was at 100% (111%). I found out what this apparently means: the game renders at 1920x1080 and...
  3. Stahn Aileron

Game Mechanics DCU Visual feedback (a.k.a. Previewing the DCU's Area of Effect)

I love the DCU. Easy mass mining. (Only rivaled by a Snowman Launcher.) I get that it's not precise for a reason, but would it be possible that using the Auto-cursor toggle while in the DCU will highlight the blocks it will affect? I was thinking of 2 highlights (either 2 different colors or...
  4. Stahn Aileron

PC FYI: Crab Engine Slightly Nerfed

In case no one has really noticed... (I searched the forum and didn't see a mention yet): If I recall correctly, the various AI's in Terraria have been slightly changed/enhanced as time has gone by. Apparently, one of these small changes have manifested itself as a nerf to crab engines. As a...
  5. Stahn Aileron

PC Lizhard Temple Soul Farming

If anyone recalls, Soul of Light/Night farming was seriously nerfed in 1.2. This was brought about by statue-spawned mobs not dropping souls in the proper biomes anymore (along with other exploit mitigations.) The statue-based Corrupt Bunny/Goldfish farms were rendered useless. With 1.3, they...
  6. Stahn Aileron

Game Mechanics Extending Right-Click Functionality

Making right-click be even more useful: 1) In the DCU, break BG walls. 2) Remove dyes from equipment slots. (1) is just because. It would make mass demolition even better. (2) is because I find it irritating that to remove dyes, I have to do in one at a time. (On a full 1920 screen, that gets...
  7. Stahn Aileron

Items Minecart Track Gate (Tracked Gate)

I built a sky bridge in an old world and placed a minecart track up there (AFK Star farm, essentially. Or at less hands-off...) The bridge and tracks are actually connected to my base, so I made sure to make a sheltered area as the main "station area". I wanted it to be fully enclosed but still...
  8. Stahn Aileron

PC Flooding the World (Messing with Water)

So I was bored some time last week (I think) and this is my current state: The right side contains my active work area. I took the opportunity to mess with water duping, using other methods besides a pure pump-based system. I'm finding water seems to dupe best when you let a large body of it...
  9. Stahn Aileron

Liquids: Layering and Priority

I was staring at my old Liquid Generator I used to use for Obsidian, Honey, and Crispy Honey farming. It was clunky to say the least: I was using pumps to control the liquids used in the contact/farm point. I was thinking of using actuators instead when I thought: "Wait... What happens when...
  10. Stahn Aileron

Base Defense Pit w/ Cascade Reset Mechanism

Some of you might know me as the person who originally posted the Cascading Timer thread on TO. Development there stopped shortly thereafter, but one thing hat several people wondered about was how to STOP the cascade. Starting it was easy, stopping it was a matter of timing (or logging out of...
  11. Stahn Aileron

Game Mechanics Placeable Demon/Crimson Altar

I was messing around in my oldest world (from the 1.0.6.1 era; it's my collection/base world) and came across/remembered the access way I made to a demon altar (it was below and a bit to the left of the original spawn point/my base. This got me thinking: Why do I still have that? With all the...
  12. Stahn Aileron

Other Status Dyes (Dynamic Equipment Dyes)

You know how the Hair Stylist sells hair dyes that are dynamic based on some condition (health, biome, mana, etc.)? Why not have those same conditional dyes for equipment? I spent most of my time covered up in armor, so hair dye is kinda pointless for me. At the same time, some of the...
  13. Stahn Aileron

Game Mechanics Reserving Item Slots

This is mainly a companion mechanic for inventory management (mainly chests/storage items, but char inventory as well I suppose). Simple method of use: Click on an item so you're holding with the cursor Hover over an item slow (char inventory or a chest) Right-clicking will reserve that item...
Back
Top Bottom