Search results for query: *

1. J

PC 8-Way Teleporter Hub/Single Teleporter, 8 Destinations - With Mini Biome Selector

Since you only need 8 destinations, you could also use a much simpler version of this binary hub (and with wires). For more information, see this thread.
  2. J

Showcase [Showcase] A compact 32-destination teleporter hub with display and 2-click input

Hey! I'm just now checking back and am pleasantly surprised and honored to find people wanting to duplicate the hub. I have started a PhD program in mathematics and so I am incredibly busy. Unfortunately this means that I don't have the time to help debug your creations. I'll leave you with the...
  3. J

PC [Project] BCD to binary decoder!

Not at all! If it works, make it work faster and cheaper :)
  4. J

Yes, but based on your truth table, it looks like instead of the three ANDs you would only need a single XOR.
  5. J

I've only had a brief look, but couldn't you do an XOR of red and blue for the least significant bit?
  6. J

Showcase [Showcase] A compact 32-destination teleporter hub with display and 2-click input

It consists of a user part near my base and a logic part off-screen (near the top edge of the map) . The wiring can be seen here: The left cluster of switches select between A, B, C, and D and the right cluster selects between 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. The green and red wires exiting the...
  7. J

Showcase (showcase/request) Monolith Cycler

Here you go: The lever begins the cycle from the point that the last cycle stopped or will stop the current cycle. Each monolith gets a pair of faulty logic gates. The lamps associated to one monolith (doesn't matter which one) are on, while all others are off. The left gates act as a...
  8. J

PC [Request] Liquid Generator sensor switch.

You could use a mechanism that will send a pulse every other activation. Setup a logic gate, one on/off lamp, and a faulty lamp. Wire the sensor to both lamps and wire the gate to the timer. Sorry I can't post a picture at the moment. Edit: Use an off lamp if you want a pulse sent on every odd...
  9. J

PC Awesome Octopus Teleporter, 1st Post!

I realized that my post above was really describing this hub by Romixal: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-1-compact-teleportation-signal-divide.43879/#post-995824 It's a very beautiful hub that gives maximal destinations per teleporter. However, due to wire color restrictions...
  10. J

Unfortunately this is the best that one can do with only a single teleporter used in the hub because of the wire constraints. I started with something similar when I built my hub, but I had to scale down the splits from 8 to 2 so that the wires became easily manageable. I bet you can come up...
  11. J

Showcase [Showcase] A simple, easily scalabe, binary (tree) teleportation hub

I'm glad I could help - even tthough neither of us really understood the problem! I've made some usability improvements to the hub. Not only is there less walking, but now there is only a maximum requirement of two clicks and the user receives feedback through the display. The logic within the...
  12. J

I think you could solve the problem of accidental teleports by using a faulty logic lamp instead of the second lamp on each of the gates.
  13. J

Hmm. I can't quite identify the difference between what you've built and mine, but I still may be able to help. Getting stuck at the top of the hub sounds as if the yellow wire hitting the faulty logic gates at the very top is shorter than the yellow wire which hits those on the 2nd highest row...
  14. J

I'm glad you like it! Here's the much smaller version using faulty lamps. Pardon the decoration. I'm still not satisfied with the look. EDIT: At the request of some people on reddit, I made a video explaining everything that goes into this build.
  15. J

Hello everyone, I'm new to the wiring aspect of Terraria and this is my first nontrivial build, so I apologize if this isn't anything new or special. As you can see from the images below, this hub accepts a binary input of 5 bits giving 2^5=32 possible destinations that can be wired with red...
  16. J

PC Need help with binary teleporter hub - weird bug (SOLVED)

First let me show you what I've done. Here is a simple binary teleporter hub that is working perfectly: And with wiring: Based on the state of the two levers (bits), the player is sent to one of 4 output teleporters. Return teleportation works with the hoik. Since this worked perfectly, I...
Back
Top Bottom